Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 05:15 AM

4,264 posts, read 9,297,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Kate is certainly a Christian, and I think she has handled the fame very well. Anyone will be affected by fame - it's killing Jon. It isn't easy being in the public eye every minute.
Kate doesn't 'berate' Jon - her personality might appear that way, but have you ever heard Jon complain? No, because a man can tell if he is really being disrespected.

Wow, then I guess my definition of a Chrisitian and yours is totally different.

Old 04-01-2009, 06:20 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,530,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
Pennsylvania--a rather diverse state, aren't they all really? 'Fiscally conservative and socially liberal'--that was a term tossed around a lot several years ago and yes, I would say many Christains would fit that description --a generic term.
To me --'all' the families chosen by TLC fit this criteria because that is life in the US.

Old 04-01-2009, 06:41 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,078,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serate View Post
NCyank was originally talking about how Kate treats Jon, not how Kate and Jon treat the kids.
Correct, thank you. The remark about calling kids stupid was not directed at J&K+8 but to demonstrate that words do have an affect on people, even if you 'really love them'. If K spoke to her children with the same tone she uses on J then it would be more obvious, perhaps even to Kramercat, that she is berating. Perhaps Kramercat is like this IRL, or has someone who treats him/her the same, and so doesn't recognize it when he/she sees the it in Kate...??

I never really understood....I doubt Kate would treat others the way she treats Jon, the camera crew, Martha Stewart, people she meets on book tours...those are all people who come and go from her life. She made lifetime commitment to Jon and yet she saves the worst for him. It's not unique to their marriage for sure, but I never really understood how spouses can treat each other worse than they would ever treat a stranger.

Old 04-01-2009, 07:16 AM

4,538 posts, read 4,823,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
Guess so.

Old 04-01-2009, 07:54 AM

4,363 posts, read 6,551,769 times
If anyone does not think the show went completely off in a different direction, you are missing just about everything. When it all began it was all about recording the early years, it was a fortunate happening. What's going on now is all about entertainment, Television Entertainment. If you don't think all of this has gone to Kate's head, then you simply refuse to see it. She's obsessed with it all, the fame the exposure and of course the money. In my opinion, if Jon left, Kate would still beg to keep the show on and would call it Kate + 8 and her next date.

I think Jon would be more than happy to end the shows run, I think he's had enough, more than enough. I think he feels that way for the kids sake mostly as well as for himself.

Old 04-01-2009, 08:23 AM

1,833 posts, read 3,362,831 times
With regard to Christian behavior, that's just ridiculous. Not every Christian is going to act like a saint. That's just not the way life is. To assume that someone saying they are a Christian means they don't have flaws, you are sorely narrow-minded in your view of a Christian. I'm by no means defending Kate's behavior as I think it is very wrong indeed but it has nothing to do with whether or not she is a Christian. I see it as part of her personality.

We all know in the beginning her behavior was similar and obviously you could see that they were in love. Now you can just see how uncomfortable Jon is and how much he doesn't want to do this anymore, and Kate's harping is worse as she has let the fame get to her. The show definitely has completely derailed from what it was originally all about but since there are enough fans or enough people still watching, I don't see TLC ending it unless J&K say enough.

Old 04-01-2009, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
Correct, thank you. The remark about calling kids stupid was not directed at J&K+8 but to demonstrate that words do have an affect on people, even if you 'really love them'. If K spoke to her children with the same tone she uses on J then it would be more obvious, perhaps even to Kramercat, that she is berating. Perhaps Kramercat is like this IRL, or has someone who treats him/her the same, and so doesn't recognize it when he/she sees the it in Kate...??

I never really understood....I doubt Kate would treat others the way she treats Jon, the camera crew, Martha Stewart, people she meets on book tours...those are all people who come and go from her life. She made lifetime commitment to Jon and yet she saves the worst for him. It's not unique to their marriage for sure, but I never really understood how spouses can treat each other worse than they would ever treat a stranger.

I guess Kate is just the perfect example of the saying "you always hurt the ones you love."

Kramercat I never said she didn't love Jon she just treats him like a dog and doesn't respect him or his opinion at all. So I am sure they are in love but it is not a love I would want, I had that kinda love for 7 years and after that enough was enough. Do you in all honestly think she doesn't berate him?

Old 04-01-2009, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromupthere View Post
With regard to Christian behavior, that's just ridiculous. Not every Christian is going to act like a saint. That's just not the way life is. To assume that someone saying they are a Christian means they don't have flaws, you are sorely narrow-minded in your view of a Christian. I'm by no means defending Kate's behavior as I think it is very wrong indeed but it has nothing to do with whether or not she is a Christian. I see it as part of her personality.

We all know in the beginning her behavior was similar and obviously you could see that they were in love. Now you can just see how uncomfortable Jon is and how much he doesn't want to do this anymore, and Kate's harping is worse as she has let the fame get to her. The show definitely has completely derailed from what it was originally all about but since there are enough fans or enough people still watching, I don't see TLC ending it unless J&K say enough.

I am not assuming anything here just merely making an observation, they talk about their Christian faith, they send their kids to a Christian school, she believed enough in her faith to have 6 kids when everyone told her to abort of some of the fetus' but she can't respect her husband on national TV. What someone does behind a closed door is their business but she knows how she treats Jon yet continues to do it, and to say this is just her personality is a stretch. We all have the abilities to change bad behaviour especially if it hurts those we love.

Old 04-01-2009, 10:02 AM

4,253 posts, read 9,471,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
I think Jon would be more than happy to end the shows run, I think he's had enough, more than enough. I think he feels that way for the kids sake mostly as well as for himself.
...and when the lights are off, Kate sits him down and says, "And how do you think, Jon, we are going to support our lifestyle without the show? Are you going to provide for all this with your IT salary? Can you even sit in a cubicle for 10 hours and commute for 2 hours every day anymore?" Jon thinks and realizes that yes, he still wants the rich life, and no, he doesn't want to go back to being a lowly programmer...

Old 04-01-2009, 10:32 AM

23,913 posts, read 33,731,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
...and when the lights are off, Kate sits him down and says, "And how do you think, Jon, we are going to support our lifestyle without the show? Are you going to provide for all this with your IT salary? Can you even sit in a cubicle for 10 hours and commute for 2 hours every day anymore?" Jon thinks and realizes that yes, he still wants the rich life, and no, he doesn't want to go back to being a lowly programmer...
Not only that but they still will not have privacy when they go out.
It's too late for that.

The smartest thing to do would be to keep going but be allowed to call the shots more so with each episode.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV