Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2009, 07:10 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,088,755 times

Advertisements

Ugh-how about those model shows? "America's Next Top Model" and the likes.
I'll add the Denise Richards show, those shows with the Playboy girls, the Kardashian show, Nip/Tuck...
I can't stand any show that embraces and promotes shallowness, vanity, and egocentrism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2009, 01:21 AM

540 posts, read 1,330,634 times
Married With Children was the worst show in the history of TV.

What a vile, stupid, brainless, show. It was filled with obnoxious characters.

My ex watched it and I wanted to put a boot up his and Al Bundy's rear.

Old 06-09-2009, 05:24 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,074,974 times
Most hated show of all time: Golf - it might be fun to play but as a televised sport? UGH. And the whispering? Like we're not already falling asleep? A game of checkers is more exciting to watch than golf. Maybe if they had to race from hole to hole or tackle each other on the odd number holes. Maybe if they got their outfits dirty...

When I was a kid, it was Lawrence Welk, my grandmother's favorite show, that she used to watch when she was babysitting us.

Now, it's a tie between The Closer, Sarah Silverman (most annoying lead characters) and Real Time With Bill Maher (most annoying host/person). I don't even care about the shows, I can't get past the characters. I just want to smack them. In the case of the first two, I have no idea if Silverman's or Sedgwick's personalities are like their extremely annoying characters so it's just the characters, in their case, that turns me off on the shows. But Maher...I just see him and think to myself, there's a little sniveling wussy spoiled brat in short pants that has his own TV show...not that he actually wears short pants. It could be his whiny voice that irritates me because if he was the local TV weatherman, for example, I'd feel the same way. Watched them all, once. Didn't make it all the way through Silverman's first show.

Old 06-09-2009, 05:50 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,074,974 times
I used to hate reality shows. The only one I ever watched was COPS, a show that when nothing is on TV, you can always find an episode of COPS, the grandaddy of reality TV. But then about two years ago, I started to watch Bravo's Top Chef, then Project Runway, then the one about people who design rooms and then of all things, Make Me A Supermodel. I don't cook much and I'm not an adventurous eater, I can't draw, I can't sew, I can't put together a two piece outfit unless I see it on a store dummy first, I never wear fashionable clothes, I don't decorate and I can't even walk without tripping. I don't know anyone like these people. I don't live in a big city. I'm not gay. I have no talent. I don't read magazines about these things, either. I'm in my 50s. What's wrong with me?

I'm thinking Bravo uses subliminal messaging for the competition shows. Luckily, it doesn't work for Real Housewives.

Old 06-09-2009, 05:57 AM

8,061 posts, read 10,660,063 times
Who actually watches those god-awful "reality" shows? Someone must be, or they wouldn't keep cranking out the crap. Can't people recognize "put-on" drama when they see it? Blech. I can't turn the channel fast enough. A bunch of loser people on some island surrounded by a camera crew and whispering about everyone else? These are survivors? My butt.

Old 06-09-2009, 06:20 AM

65 posts, read 125,444 times
Maury - its like PG version of Jerry Springer

Old 06-09-2009, 06:30 AM

1,859 posts, read 5,033,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aedan View Post
Maury - its like PG version of Jerry Springer
Maury is an atrocity, with the exception of the one moment in the show were Maury tells alledged father - mind you, the girl has slept w/5-10 men and not sure who the father is - "You are.....NOT the father!" and the guy dances around the stage like a moron who just won a million dollars, even though we all know it's only a matter of time before that guy fathers about 5 other children out of wedlock.

Old 06-09-2009, 12:02 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,743,630 times
Friends
Everyone Loves Raymond

Old 06-10-2009, 05:04 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,799,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trustmeiknow View Post
Thank you everyone who said Family Guy! There are no words to express my hatred for that show!!! Looks like only women hate it, though. No surprise there.
I'm a guy, and Family Guy is one of my most hated shows. It's SOOO stupid.

Tied with Family Guy for my mosted hated show:
- Sex in the City
- Mind of Mencia
- "Drawn Together" - the cartoon "realiy show" that was once on Comdey Channel

I loathe each and every one of these shows that I listed.

EDITED TO ADD: I also hate any show that has the word "housewives" in it.

Last edited by BergenCountyJohnny; 06-10-2009 at 05:55 PM..

Old 05-15-2011, 03:00 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,044,504 times
Jersey shore!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV