Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 07:54 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,922,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz litebeer View Post
I take back anything I ever said about a show. A new program on TruTv called Operation Repo is the most disgusting thing I've ever seen. These skanks repossessing vehicles are from the Dog the Bounty Hunter School of Ethics. Nasty nobodys getting orgasmic over the chance to take someones car. Loudmouth douchebags begging for things to get violent. TruTV, you have jumped on this poor economy and fondle it while it's passed out drunk. We are all well aware of repossession and foreclosures, yet you found a way to kick us when we're down. What's next? "Wake up Smith Family! We're here to take your f*****g house! Might as well grab these Christmas presents while we're here!"
I feel scummy, dirty, filthy and perverted just ranting about it....
I saw this show a couple of times and something didn't sit right with me. Yes, the show is horrible, but there was more to it!

If you watch the beginning of Operation Repo closely, they show a panel saying that the show is based on real stories. In other words, it's a series of recreated repo encounters!

How stupid is that? It's a staged, reality show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2008, 07:58 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,922,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye in SC View Post
Not true, I don't like it and I'm a guy!
We watch it every evening. It's well written and takes shots at the norm. I get a kick out of it and my DW doesn't miss an episode without commenting (sarcastically) about how someone will find it offensive.

Oh well. After a long day at the office, this is the type of show that I like to unwind with. THEN, we watch Cash Cab and Jeopardy.

Old 12-08-2008, 11:59 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,830,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post

How stupid is that? It's a staged, reality show.
Just like pretty much every other "reality" show. At least they're admitting its staged....

I can't wait for these dumb reality shows to go away already! Everything from Survivor to American Idol to Wife Swap to Jon and Kate Plus 8 to the Housewives of Orange County.

Old 12-08-2008, 12:43 PM

370 posts, read 1,016,668 times
1. FAMILY GUY! (Terrible "cartoon", awful boring characters, awful voice actors, no storyline and no plot, throwback jokes that get extremely annoying- only useful for the next frat party)
2. Sarah Silverman Program (Not funny. Just not. Saying "doody" doesn't make you funny, and trying to be offensive to an audience who is tolerable and waiting for your 'offensive' jokes. No wonder she gets booed off the stage on her tours)
3. Carlos Mencia (Has the same problem Sarah has. He's not funny or offensive, and if you don't laugh at him, he thinks you're offended, so he says the joke louder. Not funny, annoying same-old-same-old jokes, worse than Larry the Cable guy)

Old 01-10-2009, 01:57 AM

167 posts, read 396,626 times
1. Laguna Beach
2. American Idol
3. Sex and the City
4. Mind of Mencia
5. The OC
6. Gossip Girl
7. 7th Heaven
8. The Partridge Family
9. The Beverly Hillbillies (Most episodes revolved around stupid themes like weddings)
10. Total Retards Live

I hate TV these days. So it was very hard to narrow it down. This sounds like a potential Family Feud question. Who can name the top ten answers?

Old 01-10-2009, 10:51 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,476,020 times
DH and DS love Family Guy but frankly, I find the voices so annoying that I can't even stand to be within earshot of the TV. I'm not thinking this is a huge loss for me though.

Other shows I just don't get:
Full House
Dog, the Bounty Hunter
COPS
poker on tv (right up there with fishing on tv)
Circus of the Stars (actually any show that brings out a bunch of has-beens who are trying to make a buck because they have never figured out even though 10+ years have passed since their 15 minutes of fame, that they perhaps ought to be actually thinking of making a living doing something else)

Old 01-11-2009, 09:27 AM

3,127 posts, read 7,633,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Oops, forgot that one. I also hate Sex and the City. Sarah Jessica Parker is as ugly as a dog's backside.

Speaking of Sarah Jessica Parker..........the show "SQUARE PEGS", what a waste of airtime!

Old 01-11-2009, 09:42 AM

616 posts, read 1,162,838 times
Stupid and hated girl shows:

I don't think I've ever (nor would I ever want to) seen even five minutes of:

Beverly Hills 90210, or Sex In The City, or Full House. But those came to mind as the ones I would absolutely hate to waste my time watching!

Stupid and hated guy shows:

Married With Children, Miami Vice, and Knight Rider.

Old 01-12-2009, 03:11 PM

1,079 posts, read 2,651,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
Kramer was funny. The other characters are so annoying they make me want to hurl things at the television.
I can understand that, but Jerry is my favorite character on that show. It probably helps that I love his standup jokes.

I liked George the first few seasons when he was still believable, but then he turned into too much of a caricature and he started getting really annoying.

Old 01-12-2009, 05:34 PM

287 posts, read 549,536 times
That Paris Hilton show where she's making some desperate attempt to find someone who worships her more than she worships herself.

And this kid show on Nick Jr called Yo Gabba Gabba. That show drives me crazy!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV