Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 02:57 PM

2 posts, read 55,786 times

Advertisements

oh and btw who ever you are " go phillies " you are a terrible person!

Old 12-10-2008, 03:06 PM

1,312 posts, read 4,776,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejonandkatepluseight View Post
Just STOP! Jon and Kate are good people. They couldn't have kids on their own so they turned to fertility treatments. I am sure they didn't expect or want 6 more children. They said that if even one of their children didn't want to do the show anymore they would stop the show. I think you people are just jealous they got a new big house...so what they deserve it!! Jon and Kate are wonderful parents and would never do anything that would be bad for their children.
Wow! You must know them personally to feel this way. I have nothing against them. I used to really enjoy the show when it first came out, mainly because it made me feel like a great parent to my 2 kids! The parents argued, the kids cried and screamed, and it was worse than my house!

I watched last night for the first time in a while, and I find it odd that those kids always match. I've heard Kate turns down all handmedowns or gifts that don't match, and watching her change out the kids clothes last nite sure shows it must be true...all brand new perfect matching outfits. Has anyone else ever noticed how many pairs of shoes those kids have? Crazy!

It's their life and whatever they choose to do is fine with me. I don't know them and don't care about them personally, just like I don't care about any other celebrity. They are just normal people who took an opportunity and ran with it. Hopefully all the money is going into a trust for the kids. I bet TLC owns the house, and they'll be out once the show ends, but they'll be able to buy something less extravagant.

Old 12-10-2008, 03:15 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,374,728 times
Quote:
Just STOP! Jon and Kate are good people. They couldn't have kids on their own so they turned to fertility treatments. I am sure they didn't expect or want 6 more children. They said that if even one of their children didn't want to do the show anymore they would stop the show. I think you people are just jealous they got a new big house...so what they deserve it!! Jon and Kate are wonderful parents and would never do anything that would be bad for their children.
I don't doubt that their good people although I do think Jon needs to grow a pair when Kate starts her constant harping and nastiness with him. She is just mean sometimes towards him.

But seriously, HOW are they going to pay for THAT house when the show ends?

Old 12-11-2008, 12:13 AM

2 posts, read 15,522 times
They can so call "afford" it because people continue to watch their show, attend their engagements and lets not forget all the product placement and advertising they get paid for in the show and now with the new book on the NY Times best seller list...I am sure they have accrued some cash...when does the insanity stop?

Old 12-11-2008, 08:50 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,825,178 times
Quote:
oh and btw who ever you are " go phillies " you are a terrible person!
Thanks, and a Merry Christmas to you too!

Old 12-11-2008, 12:37 PM

32,620 posts, read 77,632,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
thanks, and a merry christmas to you too!
lmfao!

Last edited by SteelCityRising; 12-11-2008 at 12:37 PM.. Reason: Typo

Old 12-12-2008, 08:47 AM

6,813 posts, read 9,361,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
But seriously, HOW are they going to pay for THAT house when the show ends?
Maybe TLC bought it for them? Or maybe they've saved money (from the show) and put enough down so that they have a reasonable mortgage payment? Or maybe it's paid for already. $1 million dollar homes aren't that big of a deal -- they are plenty of them in high cost-of-living areas, like Southern California, and even with the foreclosure crisis, there are people seem to be able to afford them.

I'm not trying to defend Jon and Kate. I can't stand them. But I also don't think their newest house is that big of a deal. They can do whatever they want with their money, even if we happen to disagree with their choices.

Old 12-17-2008, 10:54 PM

1 posts, read 12,662 times
if you dont like the show then shut up dot put them down we would all do what they are if we could and i love the show

Old 12-21-2008, 04:48 PM

2,309 posts, read 2,317,345 times
I read the first page of this thread and am not going to read more but wanted to say this:

Those who turn to fertility are NOT asking for multiples and some of these comments are so ignorant...and I mean that in the true sense: not knowing. May you NEVER have to turn to fertility treatments. It is painful and heartbreaking. Every month for two years I would see a negative on that pregnancy test and my heart would sink...All the while people who are unfit are having kids. It's sad. I turned to fertility...After several very PAINFUL treatments and a surgery I FINALLY got pregnant with twins. When I found out I about fell off of my chair. You don't expect to have multiples. Yes, there is a chance, but MANY, MANY, MANY people who do fertility either end up with just one child or none at all. I never thought it would happe to me. I was blessed with my kids and when thoughtless people like the ones who made stupid comments on here say things it is like saying my kids shouldn't be here.

Oh, and money...You have NO IDEA how much it costs to raise multiples. It is different than having kids at different ages. Diapers alone wil cost hundreds of dollars a month. Then you have wipes, formula or food, dr co-pays, all equipment, etc. It costs A LOT. It is amazing to me that so many have such little faith...God provides and Christians know that. I think Jon and Kate look at this as a blessing. Yes, their children are on tv but I don't see them doing rotten things to them. If any of you ever find yourselves in their position you will know what it is to struggle to provide for those you so dearly wanted and worked hard to have.

Old 01-05-2009, 10:01 PM

1 posts, read 11,881 times
I completely agree with twinmma & ilovejonandkateplus8. How DARE you judge other people's decisions without even knowing why they chose to do fertility treatments. Just so everyone knows, adoption, while an amazing creation, can lead to heart break and depression. I was adopted, and my parents had to wait 6 years until they were contacted telling them someone chose them as the adoptive parents, so don't day that adoption is any easier. Half of you were'nt even in a situation where you couldn't have chidren, so you don't know what it's like to know that you can never bear a child.Until you've been in that situation, you have absolutely no right to judge others. John and Kate are doing a wonderful thing in my opinion. They didn't have to keep all 8 of them, but they did out of love, so don't say anything about how they don't love their children. And for those of you who say "they shouldn't have had a litter of kids", there is no button to press when you get pregnant telling your
body how many kids to have. It just happens. People can't choose the kids they have. Honestly, they were doing just fine financially before the show, and they'll do fine after. They're not in this for the money. They were offered a t.v. show and they took it. Who cares. That's their buisness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV