Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 09:22 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,189,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KH02 View Post
For those who care...

Whoops! Browser Settings Incompatible (http://kissnation.961kiss.com/freakshow/blog/2008/11/19/jon_and_kate_plus_8s_new_house - broken link)

Dont ask me how they can afford it...obviously from money they make of the show "sigh" If only we could all live that well.
Not for me. I like curtains. Also, I wouldn't want the worry of having a swimming pool with that many little kids running around.
\
20yrsinBranson

Old 01-23-2009, 10:14 PM

1 posts, read 5,064 times
Honestly I love the show. I don't get to watch it as much as I'd like but I think it's great. Other than the laundry room incident( which isn't that bad if you think about her keeping him away from the other kids and getting them severly sick) the worst thing that I've seen done is they couldn't have gum. Which personally I think is a wonderful idea with their ages. That's a good way to have to cut hair very short and all kinds of other mishaps. I don't think the kids will need therapy at all. And to the posts of them having to use fertility treatments to get pregnant, you people are just cruel. They tried for years to have kids and couldn't. When they found out they were having sextuplets, they were asked, actually it was recommended that they reduce the number of fetuses and they refused. They wanted each and every one of these kids and they love them each very much. You know people really need to walk a mile in other people's shoes before they judge.

Old 01-24-2009, 03:46 AM

1 posts, read 5,055 times
Exclamation Exactly my thoughts

I was just getting ready to post my own thoughts on this blogspot, and decided to continue on the see if there were any if at all nice comments on here. And I found two so far, one right after another. I am not going to sit here and bleed my opinion on here, cause everyone's got their own. But it's so obvious that many people on here either dont care enough to watch or listen and get the whole story, or just dont watch at all, and if they dont then, they shouldnt have an opinion about any of it at all.

Kate has said, that when they went for FT that they knew there was a possibility of mutiples, and when they found out 6, Kate's refused reduction, because that was more or less abortion. Which I could totally agree with there!

What they want to do with their money, or in some opinions TLC's money, is no matter to me, and shouldnt be to anyone else. I think the deserve everything they recieve. They worked hard enough for it and I sure has hell would want some compensation for having all those people in my house 24/7.

Now, don't come back to me with the crap that you wouldn't do what their doing if the oppurtunity didn't arrise. If you had 8 kids, all pretty similiar in age, and you didn't know how you were going to foot the bills, and someone offered an oppurtunity like this, you'd do it.

It's no different the taking a job offer for more money, to help provide for your family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmma View Post
I read the first page of this thread and am not going to read more but wanted to say this:

Those who turn to fertility are NOT asking for multiples and some of these comments are so ignorant...and I mean that in the true sense: not knowing. May you NEVER have to turn to fertility treatments. It is painful and heartbreaking. Every month for two years I would see a negative on that pregnancy test and my heart would sink...All the while people who are unfit are having kids. It's sad. I turned to fertility...After several very PAINFUL treatments and a surgery I FINALLY got pregnant with twins. When I found out I about fell off of my chair. You don't expect to have multiples. Yes, there is a chance, but MANY, MANY, MANY people who do fertility either end up with just one child or none at all. I never thought it would happe to me. I was blessed with my kids and when thoughtless people like the ones who made stupid comments on here say things it is like saying my kids shouldn't be here.

Oh, and money...You have NO IDEA how much it costs to raise multiples. It is different than having kids at different ages. Diapers alone wil cost hundreds of dollars a month. Then you have wipes, formula or food, dr co-pays, all equipment, etc. It costs A LOT. It is amazing to me that so many have such little faith...God provides and Christians know that. I think Jon and Kate look at this as a blessing. Yes, their children are on tv but I don't see them doing rotten things to them. If any of you ever find yourselves in their position you will know what it is to struggle to provide for those you so dearly wanted and worked hard to have.

Last edited by MaritaLCogle; 01-24-2009 at 04:44 AM..

Old 01-24-2009, 07:51 AM

1,312 posts, read 4,781,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaangel View Post
Honestly I love the show. I don't get to watch it as much as I'd like but I think it's great. Other than the laundry room incident( which isn't that bad if you think about her keeping him away from the other kids and getting them severly sick) the worst thing that I've seen done is they couldn't have gum. Which personally I think is a wonderful idea with their ages. That's a good way to have to cut hair very short and all kinds of other mishaps. I don't think the kids will need therapy at all. And to the posts of them having to use fertility treatments to get pregnant, you people are just cruel. They tried for years to have kids and couldn't. When they found out they were having sextuplets, they were asked, actually it was recommended that they reduce the number of fetuses and they refused. They wanted each and every one of these kids and they love them each very much. You know people really need to walk a mile in other people's shoes before they judge.
They did not try for years to have kids. They got married in June 1999 and the twins were born in October 2000. About Jon and Kate Gosselin (http://www.sixgosselins.com/about/about.html - broken link).

I agree that some people were very cruel with their posts regarding fertility treatments, and you are correct about how Jon and Kate refused reduction, which is a standard offering when multiples are conceived with fertility treatments.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Jon and Kate chose to put themselves and their children in the spotlight. If they don't want to be talked about, then they should cancel their show. I just don't understand why people like you get so upset when people don't like them. If they aren't your family or friends, why do you care so much?

Old 01-25-2009, 05:18 PM

1 posts, read 4,993 times
I like the show, I'll admit. Must be the voyeur in us all that makes us want to see what their life is like. While I don't agree with some of the parenting, I respect that they do what works for their family.

If I were offered the opportunity that they have, I know I would take it (being in their position with 8 kids). On the same token, along with that opportunity comes celebrity-hood and all that baggage that comes with it. They should not expect to be on TV and have a normal public life....that is what they have chosen to sacrifice in exchange for doing the show. That's their business. Same with ANY celebrity...if you don't like the spotlight, you can choose to step out of it anytime

LOVE the house! I hope they paid cash for it too! What a great opportunity!

Old 01-26-2009, 10:20 AM

1 posts, read 4,965 times
can i just say that for someone who hates the show so much you sure do post a lot about it.

and do NOT shoot down the fact that they got pregnant from a fertility clinic. some people want to have children and cannot do it naturally. they got a little help and that's it. until you have been in theit situation, don't judge.

Old 01-26-2009, 03:37 PM

1 posts, read 4,942 times
If you people hate this show so much then why waste your time commenting on them? It's their life. If you have 8 children you would want to get a house that will be more suitable for a family that size. Yes, I understand Kate can be a little overbearing at times, but if you had a 8 children screaming I think you would be too. They are doing a good job for raising such a well mannered family. Also if you were offered to do a television show for money you wouldn't turn it down. It also dissappoints me that these people are complaining about how large their family is and how they had to use FT. Have you once ever heard them complain about having such a large family? They obviously didnt get FT and prayed for as many kids as they have just for a tv show!! They had these children and were blessed that they are healthy and they are recieving money to support them. I do doubt that they explode their children. The worst you even seen these parents treat them is putting them in time out. The kids also seem like they enjoy it and know the crew well.One more thing, I doubt that John and Kate just spontanousely bought this house with not financially planning for other bills. Come on give them more credit!

Old 01-26-2009, 05:54 PM

587 posts, read 1,627,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Not for me. I like curtains. Also, I wouldn't want the worry of having a swimming pool with that many little kids running around.
\
20yrsinBranson
That is the first thing that I thought when I looked at those pictures! The pool! I know it's a terrible thought, but what is the likelihood that, at some point in time, they lose track of one kid for five minutes...............that's all it takes. In the states with a high % of homes with swimming pools (I know this includes TX & FL, probably others -the #1 cause of child accidental death is drowning in swimming pools). Let's all hope for that family that they both put lots of precautions in place (fences, locks, alarms, etc.) and have luck &/or a guardian angel watching over them.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:45 PM

1 posts, read 4,852 times
SR1234 =sour grapes..jealous much? Good for them I say. All the rest of you too that are pissing and moaning about their fame, let me think,,,um grow up. They happen to be on TV won't be forever and whilt TLC is exploiting them and thier family why not make some money while you are at it. 1.5 million, nothing that house where I live would be at least 4-6 million so they got a deal. Kate not working, she is raising her family just like my mom did with all of us kids. Jon is IT and if he doesn 't have work anymore either,,great for him. Everyone that is making comments about, oh he doesn't even work, she doesn't work,, etc. just proves that you are only jealous and angry people and hate your lives, which you decided on. See the joy in what they have achieved and maybe you will get that joy back instead of throwing all that negative energy out into the universe.
Lady Lona

Old 01-26-2009, 07:53 PM

1 posts, read 4,830 times
couldn't of said it better myself!!! =)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV