Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 08:14 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times

Advertisements

I'm not a regular watcher but the Date with the Booty Warrior episode is one I watch on Youtube often.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2012, 08:28 AM

32,108 posts, read 34,720,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Lol at Black people offended at Boondocks exposing the flaws of the black community. That is one of the biggest reasons I love the show & Huey Freeman. I wish the show & the brand Peanuts/Snoopy success!
Agreed. The Boondocks has a neverending well of material because there's some much tomfoolery in the black community (and society at large).

Boondocks Teacher Joe Petto rant - YouTube

What makes this so funny (and maybe sad) is that it's so true.

Old 01-19-2012, 08:32 AM

32,108 posts, read 34,720,210 times
I wish they would bring back the Good Reverend Rollo Goodlove. "If they don't meet our demands...OOOOO...Somebody's gonna pay!"

Rollo Goodlove - Somebody Is Goin' Pay - YouTube

I love the part when he gets busted in the strip club, too.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:56 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,771,707 times
I like the show, and my favorite episode of all is when Riley starts up his own candy selling cartel using the neighborhood kids. That one was brilliant start to finish. Next runner up would be the one where they played kick ball against the Chinese (or maybe Japanese?) bank sponsered team.

Some of them are a bit too heavy handed and mean spirited, but I always get what he is trying to say with the underlying commentary.

Old 01-24-2012, 11:33 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,729,135 times
My favorite character is "Uncle Rukus" the self-hating black man.

Old 07-31-2012, 04:37 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,567,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
I also like "a Pimp called Slickback"...The comedian Katt Williams did some stand-up which hands down used the N word more than any comic I have ever heard.

I look forward to an episode comparing Huey and Rileys aspirations with the Obama presidency.
wow do you realize you predicted an episode that actually happened. "Its a Black President Huey Freeman" not one of my personal favorite eps, but told a lot of truths about black people & that 2008 election. I think it would be nice if Aaron Mcgruder would do more graphic novel comic collections, even though the news paper is dying. What I hate most about The Boondocks is when people compare it to crass shows like Southpark & Family Guy..ill admit both shows can be funny, but their humor is more silliness than satire. Now we have season 4 on the way & you know there will be a Trayvon Martin episode feat Rollo Goodlove. I also look forward to Stinkmeaner IV & more Huey & Riley of course. I know Huey Freeman is the star of the franchise, but Rileys stuck is rising especially after season 3.

Old 07-31-2012, 05:26 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
wow do you realize you predicted an episode that actually happened. "Its a Black President Huey Freeman" not one of my personal favorite eps, but told a lot of truths about black people & that 2008 election. I think it would be nice if Aaron Mcgruder would do more graphic novel comic collections, even though the news paper is dying. What I hate most about The Boondocks is when people compare it to crass shows like Southpark & Family Guy..ill admit both shows can be funny, but their humor is more silliness than satire. Now we have season 4 on the way & you know there will be a Trayvon Martin episode feat Rollo Goodlove. I also look forward to Stinkmeaner IV & more Huey & Riley of course. I know Huey Freeman is the star of the franchise, but Rileys stuck is rising especially after season 3.
I wonder how well a Trayvon Martin episode would go over.

Old 07-31-2012, 06:02 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,994,198 times
I don't watch it religiously but I've seen a few episodes and enjoyed all of them. The one that had me laughing for days was about a fast food restaurant running out of chicken and everybody rioted.
I think the Boondocks is the only TV show that reveals a more realistic aspect of black American life, and the opinions expressed by the characters are more honest than you'll ever hear on regular TV shows.

Old 08-03-2012, 04:32 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,567,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I wonder how well a Trayvon Martin episode would go over.
Its no telling really, but I'm sure Aaron McGruder noticed all the bangwagon stuff black people were doing & I hope they expose the fact black people never care when black kill other blacks, but got balistic when a non black kills a black. I hope he touches on that aspect. I also expect an episode on black people & air jordan riots. So looking forward to season 4

Old 08-03-2012, 10:15 PM

7,237 posts, read 12,742,631 times
I love The Boondocks.

Very witty political satire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV