Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2009, 02:10 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,182,382 times

Advertisements

Must just be me then; because I didn't see that in Julianne and Chuck at all.
I think they are adorable. Not really her fault that she's gorgeous,smokin hot,can dance better than most anyone ever on the show, can sing like an angel and on top of all that--just happens to have a gorgeous hunk for a boyfriend. And they seem to get along so great.
I didn't see the cheesy factor.
But I guess it's just me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2009, 05:53 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,158,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
I think they are adorable. Not really her fault that she's gorgeous,smokin hot,can dance better than most anyone ever on the show, can sing like an angel and on top of all that--just happens to have a gorgeous hunk for a boyfriend. And they seem to get along so great.
I didn't see the cheesy factor.
But I guess it's just me.
I agree that they are both very hot. She IS a great dancer and while I don't listen to country music, she seems to be doing well there too. It's just the PDA, kissee faces and cheesy smiles all the time that annoy me. Again, I still like her, I just feel like I'm in high school. Incidentally, I also hate when people call each other "babe."

Also, did anyone else catch Cheryl being quite a biotch last night? I mean, how many times does she need to swear at Gilles? Perhaps others may think that's just the way she coaches, but last night seemed really hostile. If Gilles had more of a temper, it would not have gone well during the practice sessions. Perhaps the competition is getting to her, but out of all the practice sessions they showed last night, theirs seemed the weirdest.

Old 04-28-2009, 06:37 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,079,359 times
I know Cheryl, and she's just a fierce competitior who demands perfection of her partner. BTW - she just opened up another studio in Laguna Niguel, CA. My friends and I are planning to go the week after Swing Diego.

Cheryl Burke Dance - 28221 Crown Valley Pkwy, Ste. F, Laguna Niguel, CA (949) 365-6826. Opens May 8th!!!

Old 04-28-2009, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
Isn't it great to see what other people think about the same shows? It reminds me of a few weeks ago when I went out with a group of friends to see the movie "Knowing." At the end, the lights turned on, and I was laughing because I thought it was so dumb. At the same time, as I was getting ready to say, "how stupid was this movie (or something similar)?" my friend leaned forward and said she loved it and couldn't wait for it to come out on DVD.

Old 04-28-2009, 11:19 PM

Okay, well I was only half in Miss Cleo mode this week. I thought it would be down to Ty and Chuck. However, when it was down to Chuck and Melissa, I just didn't think Melissa was going. I know personally of so many people who are voting for her. I predict Ty and Shawn will be in the bottom two next week. I need to test my "Cleo-esque" powers!

Old 04-29-2009, 12:38 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,267,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
I agree that they are both very hot. She IS a great dancer and while I don't listen to country music, she seems to be doing well there too. It's just the PDA, kissee faces and cheesy smiles all the time that annoy me. Again, I still like her, I just feel like I'm in high school. Incidentally, I also hate when people call each other "babe."

Also, did anyone else catch Cheryl being quite a biotch last night? I mean, how many times does she need to swear at Gilles? Perhaps others may think that's just the way she coaches, but last night seemed really hostile. If Gilles had more of a temper, it would not have gone well during the practice sessions. Perhaps the competition is getting to her, but out of all the practice sessions they showed last night, theirs seemed the weirdest.
My husband commented Cheryl was particularly demanding last night. My comment to him, "you've never worked with lawyers". Julianne's one of my favorites, but I'll be glad when she has another partner next season. Although the skit they did tonight with Melissa on dating services was pretty funny.

Old 04-29-2009, 10:15 AM

6,266 posts, read 19,182,382 times
I thought Julianne only came back this season in order to dance with Chuck. No?
Her new career is country singing, isn't it?
Ty still in and Chuck out what is wrong with that picture?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
My husband commented Cheryl was particularly demanding last night. My comment to him, "you've never worked with lawyers". Julianne's one of my favorites, but I'll be glad when she has another partner next season. Although the skit they did tonight with Melissa on dating services was pretty funny.

Old 04-29-2009, 02:19 PM

363 posts, read 583,880 times
Nah, I don't think Cheryl was tough on Gilles....I think she was hamming it up for the camera during the practice sessions, just as all the other pros do. How boring would the practice sessions 'recaps' be if they weren't full of pi$$ and vinegar? It's all show, IMO.

I'm sad to see Julianne go, she's one hot dancer but also a 2 time winner. The competition is most definitely getting tighter.

Old 04-29-2009, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Okay, well I was only half in Miss Cleo mode this week. I thought it would be down to Ty and Chuck. However, when it was down to Chuck and Melissa, I just didn't think Melissa was going. I know personally of so many people who are voting for her. I predict Ty and Shawn will be in the bottom two next week. I need to test my "Cleo-esque" powers!
I think everyone needs to be a little worried about Melissa's fans and Ty's fans. Ty has been at the bottom of the leader board a few times yet he manages to stay in (which means he has a lot more fans than the person in 2nd place on the leader board who doesn't need as many fan votes to keep them in). Also, I used all my votes for Melissa last week, but clearly there are a lot more people like me out there since she didn't even dance and still managed to stay in the competition.

I know they keep saying "in no particular order" but it would be interesting to see who the bottom vote getters are. Clearly Chuck was at the bottom, but I don't think Melissa was second-to-last. I think they made her stand there to provide drama.

By the way, how funny were those ads? Ty and Julianne doing Dance Partners for Life? And my favorite was the PETA commercial about "save a dancer." That was awesome.

Old 04-29-2009, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
I think everyone needs to be a little worried about Melissa's fans and Ty's fans. Ty has been at the bottom of the leader board a few times yet he manages to stay in (which means he has a lot more fans than the person in 2nd place on the leader board who doesn't need as many fan votes to keep them in). Also, I used all my votes for Melissa last week, but clearly there are a lot more people like me out there since she didn't even dance and still managed to stay in the competition.

I know they keep saying "in no particular order" but it would be interesting to see who the bottom vote getters are. Clearly Chuck was at the bottom, but I don't think Melissa was second-to-last. I think they made her stand there to provide drama.

By the way, how funny were those ads? Ty and Julianne doing Dance Partners for Life? And my favorite was the PETA commercial about "save a dancer." That was awesome.
Oh yeah, that PETD ad was funny. Tony came out with a ball covering his provates, then Derek came out with a much bigger ball covering his privates!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV