Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 11:09 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,967,745 times

Advertisements

I was not impressed with Pasha. He wasnt even impressive on the other superstars of dance show.

I was hoping that the other Playboy model girl would be on the show - the young fun one (cant remember her name). But, I still voted for her since I know Dmitry. Id like to see him go farther on the show.

Last edited by LaoTzuMindFu; 03-10-2009 at 11:57 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2009, 11:39 AM

1,989 posts, read 6,599,889 times
Shawn Johnson is so hot! Hopefully she is now of legal age so I don't get branded a pedophile!

Old 03-10-2009, 11:58 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,047,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughguy View Post
Shawn Johnson is so hot! Hopefully she is now of legal age so I don't get branded a pedophile!
On the show last night she said she is 17. So, you might want to wait a few months, pedi-boy!

Old 03-10-2009, 12:15 PM

1,872 posts, read 4,222,028 times
Being there is a new professional girl, Ashlie, this year, who from last year is not dancing? I can't remember. I know for the guys it is Corky. Maybe Chloris wore him out!!!!

Old 03-10-2009, 12:20 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,815,911 times
I thought Gilles and Cheryl's cha cha was HOT! Too bad he doesn't have a big fan base to start out with. He's sure got my vote!

I thought Melissa was darn good for 48 hours of practice. It was a toss-up between her and Shawn Johnson for which waltz I liked the best.

Before the season began, I wasn't too keen on the line-up, but I think I might it enjoy it after all.

Old 03-10-2009, 01:48 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,169,965 times
my fav is the boyfriend/girlfriend couple. He's a country singer and she has become one. Love them!

Old 03-10-2009, 02:31 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,047,807 times
I liked Melissa's waltz better than Shawn's because Shawn lost her top line numerous times throughout the dance and it looked as though she was hanging onto her partner for dear life - hunched forward too much. Melissa, probably because of her ballet training, was able to hold her top line and keep her left side up.

Old 03-10-2009, 02:45 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,169,965 times
LOL--you can critique them like one of the judges because you know this stuff!!
Most viewers (me) just appreciate the dance based on purely generic things. Like did they fall on their butts! Or did they just stand there while the partner did all the moves?
Seems the celebrity guys,for the most part, have it easier because their female professional dance partner is gonna do all the moves and he's there to catch and follow her. JMHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I liked Melissa's waltz better than Shawn's because Shawn lost her top line numerous times throughout the dance and it looked as though she was hanging onto her partner for dear life - hunched forward too much. Melissa, probably because of her ballet training, was able to hold her top line and keep her left side up.

Old 03-10-2009, 04:44 PM

305 posts, read 798,447 times
I watched it last night and I loved Melissa from The Bachelor! She was so good considering she only had 2 days to practice. I also loved the real-life couple Julianne Hough and Chris Wilks. They are so cute together!

Old 03-10-2009, 05:12 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,154,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
Most viewers (me) just appreciate the dance based on purely generic things. Like did they fall on their butts! Or did they just stand there while the partner did all the moves?
Seems the celebrity guys,for the most part, have it easier because their female professional dance partner is gonna do all the moves and he's there to catch and follow her. JMHO
I agree totally. How hard is it to stand there on your tippee toes while Edyta flings her legs all around you? I mean, really. That's why when the show has girls on there who can really dance, it shows them off to a huge advantage. I remember last season when the judges kept telling Brooke that she was the same caliber as the pros. I think Melissa is going to be really good when she gets her feet right. Shawn should be pretty good too since she has the determination to work hard (and likely has had so many injuries from gymnastics, a little muscle strain won't compel her to leave the competition!). But, like you...I just look to see who fell, who stomped around on the floor without any attempt to look like they were dancing, and who fainted. If none of that happens, it's been a pretty quiet evening!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV