Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2009, 04:31 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,252,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
That is so funny because I would never vote for anyone who had Derek as a partner because he drives me nuts. That's the beauty of this show, huh?

I'm not trying to start a fight, you're just the first person I've seen who actually liked him. Most of my friends and coworkers think he's just too full of himself. Oh well.
You're right. Everyone has an opinion. I just like the way Derek dances, he is so light on his feet. But, his personality doesn't bother me either. We really don't know what any of these people are like offstage. They might all have big egos. I wonder how they match the pros with the stars. I read that Denise requested Maks as a partner. Dimitri sure put his foot in his mouth the other night commenting he wished Jewel could return as his partner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2009, 05:11 PM

305 posts, read 798,146 times
Dude this story about Shawn Johnson is insane! I hope they keep her safe. She is so young and innocent! What a creep!

Shawn Johnson's Alleged Crazed Fan Charged with Stalking - Crime & Courts : People.com

Old 03-26-2009, 05:24 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,027,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
You're right. Everyone has an opinion. I just like the way Derek dances, he is so light on his feet. But, his personality doesn't bother me either. We really don't know what any of these people are like offstage. They might all have big egos. I wonder how they match the pros with the stars. I read that Denise requested Maks as a partner. Dimitri sure put his foot in his mouth the other night commenting he wished Jewel could return as his partner.
Actually .... I do know what some of the pros are like off stage! Lacy and Chelsie are personal friends of mine - we train at the same studio, and I trained with Tony and Cheryl for master classes. I am friends with Anna Trebunskaya and Jonathan Roberts too. A good friend of mine trains with Maks.

Old 03-26-2009, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeyouhigher View Post
Dude this story about Shawn Johnson is insane! I hope they keep her safe. She is so young and innocent! What a creep!

Shawn Johnson's Alleged Crazed Fan Charged with Stalking - Crime & Courts : People.com
Okay, I have to ask ... I read the article and it says the guy jumped the fence of the CBS studios where Dancing was being filmed. Dancing is not filmed at CBS, it's filmed at ABC.

Old 03-26-2009, 05:27 PM

36,412 posts, read 16,022,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Actually .... I do know what some of the pros are like off stage! Lacy and Chelsie are personal friends of mine - we train at the same studio, and I trained with Tony and Cheryl for master classes. I am friends with Anna Trebunskaya and Jonathan Roberts too. A good friend of mine trains with Maks.
That is cool Twinkle!
Denise needs to go, she can not dance

Old 03-26-2009, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasmtairy View Post
That is cool Twinkle!
Denise needs to go, she can not dance
She's already gone.

Old 03-26-2009, 08:50 PM

1,369 posts, read 4,637,863 times
Okay here's the thing: (I sound like Kara, the 4th judge on AI) lol

Many of the pros have their own fan bases. I knew of none bigger than Mak's. So...with that said, even Mak's ENORMOUS fan base couldn't save him because he got paired with that Denise person...
I say, Melissa and Tony all the way. NOt because I like Melissa but because I LOVE Tony...see what I mean?

Shanny (All my votes go to Melissa and Tony)

Old 03-26-2009, 09:42 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,947,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannybannany View Post
Okay here's the thing: (I sound like Kara, the 4th judge on AI) lol

Many of the pros have their own fan bases. I knew of none bigger than Mak's. So...with that said, even Mak's ENORMOUS fan base couldn't save him because he got paired with that Denise person...
I say, Melissa and Tony all the way. NOt because I like Melissa but because I LOVE Tony...see what I mean?
I think you're partly right. Many of the pros do have their own fan bases, but I dont think any of them are big enough keep them dancing. Like me, I know Dmitry and will be voting for him, but that Holly is such a bad dancer I know it isnt going to keep them on the show.

Old 03-26-2009, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
I think you're partly right. Many of the pros do have their own fan bases, but I dont think any of them are big enough keep them dancing. Like me, I know Dmitry and will be voting for him, but that Holly is such a bad dancer I know it isnt going to keep them on the show.
But hey - she giggles like a dolphin ... what could be better than that!

Old 03-26-2009, 11:37 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,252,678 times
I guess I'm really naive for not realizing the stars get paid to dance on the show. Shawn Johnson will make out pretty good if she lasts until the end.
ShawnJohn Not Dancing on Air—More Like Money - E! Online
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV