Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2010, 04:38 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,071,598 times

Advertisements

The HollyRod Foundation was originally created for Parkinson's!

http://www.guidestar.org/pqShowGsRep...ein=95-4642588

Check this out! Her foundation is know for spending a limited about of money raised on the actual causes!

Quote:
There is no rule on how much a private foundation director can make; only on how much the foundation must give out — 5% of its assets each year. Watchdog groups such as the Better Business Bureau's Wise Giving Alliance expect public charities — which solicit money from donors and are treated differently than foundations by the IRS- to spend at least half their revenues on program services.

Some charities do this better than others. The Elton John AIDS Foundation, for example, spent 81% of its $2.2 million on program services in 2000. Conversely, actress Holly Robinson Peete's HollyRod Foundation, which she founded with husband Rodney Peete, a former NFL quarterback, spent only 6% of the $184,000 it raised in 1999 on its mission.

USATODAY.com - Celebs have helped raise $200M in past 3 months
That means most of what was raised that year went towards her salary!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2010, 04:57 PM

23,869 posts, read 33,575,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post

GuideStar - American Express Search - HollyRod Foundation

Check this out! Her foundation is know for spending a limited about of money raised on the actual causes!

Can anyone find any donor information for her charity? I just did a quick google for the net worth & don't see anything

Old 05-17-2010, 05:21 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,538,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post

GuideStar - American Express Search - HollyRod Foundation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Can anyone find any donor information for her charity? I just did a quick google for the net worth & don't see anything
Wow, I see that the Holly Robinson Peete hate parade is still marching on strong.

I wonder where the real motivation lies for the attacks against a woman who is genuinely trying to help those with autism? Some fairly serious accusations are being made against this person without much merit.

BTW, the information on the percentage of the Hollyrod Foundation's income spent on salary is from 1999...but keep googling for the dirt.

Old 05-17-2010, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Wow, I see that the Holly Robinson Peete hate parade is still marching on strong.

I wonder where the real motivation lies for the attacks against a woman who is genuinely trying to help those with autism? Some fairly serious accusations are being made against this person without much merit.

BTW, the information on the percentage of the Hollyrod Foundation's income spent on salary is from 1999...but keep googling for the dirt.
There is no hate mission for me; I'm just curious how much they take in verses what they put out. I don't care for her back stabbing. I had no problems with her until after a few episodes.

I have a nephew with autism; my friends son is also diagnosed and & surrogate daughter told me today her 10 year old sister was just diagnosed. I wish they would find a cure already.

I don't necessarily feel "smaller" charities do more good; it all depends on what charity it is. One issue I have with Holly was how she said she'd donate to Sharon's charity. I haven't seen that she has.

As far as Bret, I lost respect for him with Rock of Love after he chose Ambre as the one. He's gaining my respect back with this show. I'd also like to see diabetes cured as my dad had stage 2 & I will probably have it as well as my sugar runs high.

Old 05-17-2010, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
There is no hate mission for me; I'm just curious how much they take in verses what they put out. I don't care for her back stabbing. I had no problems with her until after a few episodes.

I have a nephew with autism; my friends son is also diagnosed and & surrogate daughter told me today her 10 year old sister was just diagnosed. I wish they would find a cure already.

I don't necessarily feel "smaller" charities do more good; it all depends on what charity it is. One issue I have with Holly was how she said she'd donate to Sharon's charity. I haven't seen that she has.

As far as Bret, I lost respect for him with Rock of Love after he chose Ambre as the one. He's gaining my respect back with this show. I'd also like to see diabetes cured as my dad had stage 2 & I will probably have it as well as my sugar runs high.
Considering the affection that Sharon showed towards Holly during last night's episode I have no reason to doubt that Holly won't make good on her promise. Just because the show did not tape Holly writing out a check to Sharon doesn't mean that it didn't happen or won't happen.

I hardly think that Holly would have made the statement on national tv to share the proceeds with Sharon's charity (which she didn't have to do) if she didn't mean it. Holly's husband Rodney could have sent a check to Sharon's organization. Who knows.

But my main issue is with her being called "prejudiced" without anything to back it up and the insinuations that there is some sort of fraud (or misappropriations) involved with her charity. I think that is stepping over the line a bit regarding someone's character. I have no reason to believe that any one of the Celebrity Apprentice contestants were anything but sincere in their attempts to earn money for there charities.

Old 05-17-2010, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
But my main issue is with her being called "prejudiced" without anything to back it up
Unfortunately, I'm not going to sit and rewatch the episode to give specifics. I have a husband with oral cancer & tons of medical bills I'm sorting through.. I'm lucky I have time to post every now and then and watch the show. Most nights I don't get to see it when it airs.

I never said she was misusing funds; I asked a question to who I quoted because I'm curious what the charity takes in.

Old 05-17-2010, 06:07 PM

btw, it was episode 5 Air date: 4/11/2010 if you want to rewatch it episodes

NBA legends Clyde Drexler and Scottie Pippen help the teams make a Right Guard commercial.

Old 05-17-2010, 06:14 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,200,867 times
You can check the tax returns for any foundation here:
Foundation Center - 990 Finder

Hollyrod - 2009 Return
http://dynamodata.fdncenter.org/990_...200903_990.pdf

They only have $15,000 of actual foundation assets. At least they aren't overspending on 'stuff'.

Old 05-17-2010, 06:22 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,798,808 times
I dislike Holly based on her snooty,snotty attitude. I can dislike her for those reasons or any reason I choose. It is my privelege to dislike anyone I want for any or no reason.
Thank You

Old 05-17-2010, 07:01 PM

The nastiness over a person competing for funds to help save their child (and many, many others) is a bit over-the-top...but to each his own. Have at it.

I truly hope Holly wins; she deserves it. She's a fierce competitor and a phenomenal woman. And haters will always hate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV