Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2010, 10:36 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,207,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Bristol is going to win.
ABC will take a massive ratings hit next year if it happens - and if they let it happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2010, 11:32 AM

2,546 posts, read 6,883,655 times
I've been rooting for Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough since this season of DWTS began- I so hope they win.

It will be a complete joke if Bristol Palin wins.

Old 11-23-2010, 12:52 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,142,745 times
yes go jennifer go and yes Bristol is a joke with her little flabby legs flashing . at 50 jennifer makes bristol look sad . Jennifer puts bristol to shame .

Old 11-23-2010, 01:31 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,823,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
yes go jennifer go and yes Bristol is a joke with her little flabby legs flashing . at 50 jennifer makes bristol look sad . Jennifer puts bristol to shame .

Old 11-23-2010, 01:52 PM

93 posts, read 164,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phawk57 View Post
I'm not a "hater" as Bristol put it. She is just now dancing at a level that the others were dancing half-way through this season. If her mother had kept the politics out of it she would not be on the show today. She still lacks any personality and emotion and what little of her personality I've seen is nasty. I could not believe that she got nines for a mediocre dance. I totally enjoyed Kyle and Lacy along with Derek and Jennifer. If Bristol wins this, I will not watch this show ever again!!!!
To this day no one has come up with the reason why the judges give out 9's for Bristol's dances outside of conspiracy theories. I honestly don't believe Len Goodman gives a damn about keeping someone on the show for ratings. If you really do believe that (judging for ratings) then I got to question why someone would watch the show based on that false principle alone, no matter who is getting the benefit of it. If the judges themselves (the ones who know about dancing) are false, how can you trust anything on the show at that point?

Unlike most of you, I do think she has improved. Not to the level of Jen or even Kyle, but improved from week 1 regardless. It will be interesting if she does win it though. How will the internet survive the uproar?

Old 11-23-2010, 02:11 PM

2,747 posts, read 465,740 times
Well, here we are and another season of DWTS is almost done and in the history books. All the contestants will go back to their lives, the pros will do whatever they do in their off season and believe it or not, our lives will continue on, despite who wins the mirror ball trophy. I still hope the tally goes to the actual best dancer, since it is supposed to be about dancing, but if it goes to popularity my life will not end. My vote is still for Jen and Derek as I thought their performance last night far surpassed Bristol and Mark, and was still better than Kyle and Lacey. I think they should give a trophy for second place, though, because I think that person needs to be recognized for all that they've done.

Old 11-23-2010, 03:15 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,218,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
I think it has been a hateful season with Bristol on the show. You can't read the paper or listen to the news without Bristol's name popping up. I wish she had declined the show although she had every right to accept. Politics has always been a nasty business but it seems to be getting worse.
Just like last season when Kate Gosselin was on every night entertainment shows were giving updates. Every magazine had her on the cover she was a huge controversy like Bristol is this year. Kate stayed on the show much longer than her skills should have let her. Only difference is Kate's fan base was big but not as big as the Palin's. Kate's was a ratings boost to DWTS also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liondandy View Post
Kyle's free style could have been much, much better but hey, it got a standing O from Len. When was the last time that happened?
But Len did say that type of dancing was not to his liking but that he liked how Kyle executed. I think he gave him the standing O because of the higher than not earned scores they have been giving Bristol IMO. The Toostie Roll should not have been used as his free dance without using more ballroom type moves with it.

Old 11-23-2010, 03:16 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,146,850 times
I don't get this show. Why would you watch people that can't dance in a dance competition?
So You Think You Can Dance is far superior to DWTS. What's next a singing competition with contestants that can't sing?................oops to late!

Old 11-23-2010, 04:26 PM

1,765 posts, read 4,356,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Please return you seats to their full and upright postition. Please secure your tray tables. Please make sure all of your carry-on luggage is stored securely under your seat or in the over-head bin. Buckle up and hold on tight America...

Bristol is going to win.

This ceased being about dancing a long time ago.

(And you'll notice, please, I'm not stating my favorite or taking sides. I'm still making a face and stomping my foot because Kurt was voted off. )

I believe you are right. Unfortunately.

All we are missing in your airline analogy is the offensive pat-down from TSA....

Old 11-23-2010, 06:39 PM

10,042 posts, read 9,536,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
ABC will take a massive ratings hit next year if it happens - and if they let it happen.
Doubt it. I'm guessing most people can't name all the winners from the past seasons. When you figure the grand prize for winning is nothing, it really stops becoming an issue as soon as the next season starts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV