Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2010, 09:41 PM

2,119 posts, read 4,175,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
I swear one of those dancers totally put her hand on The Situation's situation at the end of that dance! Anyone else catch that?
OMG I thought I was the only one with my mind in the gutter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2010, 09:51 PM

18,968 posts, read 11,629,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
I'm still thinking either Jen or Kyle will win and Bristol will be third. Too much faith in my fellow man?
and I STILL didn't vote!
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
OMG I thought I was the only one with my mind in the gutter
Nope - our minds may be in the gutter but her fingers were on the trigger!

Old 11-23-2010, 09:52 PM

18,968 posts, read 11,629,152 times
Ohhh I'm sorta sorry it's over - will miss you guys. Hope to see some of you at other TV threads - it was fun watching and loving/fighting together

Old 11-23-2010, 10:15 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,253,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Spoiler
Thank God that's over...and now ALL is right with the world again.

My sentiments exactly, cali. Whew, that was one tough ride.

So "the pistol" went out as #3, huhn? I smell something really fishey. What happened to all her support? She should have easily won if what the teabaggers were supposedly doing was true. Is that the way scoring goes on at the end all the time? The judges get to vote a few more times?

Was it all a put on by ABC?? Momma wasn't even there tonight. She was busy at a book signing. A book signing is more important than your kid's finale night?? Did ABC fix the loophole of voting on line and Momma knew the kid wasn't going to win because her "pals" could not put the fix in last night? Whichever, win or lose, Sarah Palin should have been there tonight of all nights!

I loved Kyle and Lacey's cha-cha. He has so much personality!! I had my fingers crossed.

Jen and Derek won. I've much rather see the showdown be, Brandy, Jen and Kyle.

Did you hear that audience after Maks and Brandy danced?? They were electric those two. The crownd chanting "Brandy, Brandy" and the complete utter silence in an instant! I thought they had cut the mikes to the ballroom.

Oh be still my heart! Wasn't Rick Fox just gorgeous again? *getting verklempt here*! Where's my fan? I thought those flashes were over! Loved how he kept to the beat with that basketball. He even did everything Cheryl taught him....stayed in character, had nice use of his arms, kept that face on. Never missed a beat. *sigh*

Kurt Warner was okay too.

As much as I cringe about David Hasslehoff, he's a trouper fpr sure. "We've got a 3??"

I wasn't surprised at Michael Bolton not being there. I would not have bothered either. "Royal Albert Hall". Coinky-dink? Last time I saw Michael, he had long hair!

Wished I had been able to enjoy the show more but I kept thinking Bristol was going to win and it was all a scharade.

Bristol should not clasp her hands under her belly. In that blue outfit she looked preggers again just standing there with her hands under her tummy.

CU next season!

Old 11-23-2010, 11:05 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,338,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
My sentiments exactly, cali. Whew, that was one tough ride.

So "the pistol" went out as #3, huhn? I smell something really fishey. What happened to all her support? She should have easily won if what the teabaggers were supposedly doing was true. Is that the way scoring goes on at the end all the time? The judges get to vote a few more times?

Was it all a put on by ABC?? Momma wasn't even there tonight. She was busy at a book signing. A book signing is more important than your kid's finale night?? Did ABC fix the loophole of voting on line and Momma knew the kid wasn't going to win because her "pals" could not put the fix in last night? Whichever, win or lose, Sarah Palin should have been there tonight of all nights!

<snip for relevance>

Wished I had been able to enjoy the show more but I kept thinking Bristol was going to win and it was all a scharade.

Bristol should not clasp her hands under her belly. In that blue outfit she looked preggers again just standing there with her hands under her tummy.

CU next season!
I can't believe I'm defending Sarah not being there tonight, but those books signing dates are set up months in advance. They probably had no idea Bristol would last on the show so many weeks for there to be a conflict.

Oh, my gosh, I thought the same thing about Bristol looking pregnant and I was trying to remember when her brief second engagement to Levi was and if it lined up with her showing a baby bump now. I guess only time will tell.

Old 11-23-2010, 11:17 PM

44,687 posts, read 61,830,991 times
As soon as they announced that Bristol was in 3rd place I could hear a loud sigh of relief around the world.
Glad to see Jennifer win, congratulations to her.
And Kyle, I found to be quite entertaining through out the season.

Old 11-23-2010, 11:28 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,560,529 times
I would have loved it if Kyle won, he was a joy to watch all season long! Jennifer winning is okay too, but Kyle has so much more personality, I smiled and smiled every time he danced.

Old 11-24-2010, 12:05 AM

977 posts, read 1,112,136 times
You know, I didn't dislike Bristol...../thought she was kinda cute and naive and shy.....but as weeks progressed i saw a side of her that didn't quite sit right. I'm glad she came in third because I truly believe that in that group of 3 finalists that's where she belonged....but still feel Brandy should have been there instead. A final group of Brandy, Kyle, and Jen would have been incredible, and I wouldn't have been able to guess who would have won, plus wouldn't have cared.
I'm wondering ,too, about how voting was affected by all the hype about website voting instruction----how was that circumvented at last? i had a difficult time voting online last night. Had to try over and over. My identity wasn't verifiable so many times I was beginning to question who I was!! I never had any trouble before, so am wondering if more safeguards in place or if all a result of the "computer crash" that Tom referred to.
I watched the first episode of "Skating with the Stars" but wasn't drawn to it in the same way as DWTS. Anyone else watch it? Opinions?
Any "American Idol" viewers here? I think I'll watch for first few episodes at least. I liked the contestants they showed in the ad tonight.

Old 11-24-2010, 05:01 AM

363 posts, read 584,202 times
Thank goodness that's over!

I, too, would've preferred Kyle to win. He was fun to watch.

Congrats to Jennifer and Derek.....Derek, you must have next season's geriatric *cough* star.

And you can bet next season's stars will be just as controversal as this season's. The more controversal, the better. It's a ratings game and a popularity contest with some dancing thrown in.

See ya next season.

Old 11-24-2010, 07:00 AM

9,022 posts, read 20,442,026 times
We watched the Finale last night, and just as we expected, Jen and Derek danced great. When Jen and Derek were announced as the winners, the look on Lacey's face was of high disappointment. Bristol was smiling at Jen, but it took a while for a smile to come up on Lacy's face. After announcing the winner, Tom Bergeron stated that there will be some changes in DWTS next season with some new twists......wonder what that means??
Watched part of the first show of Skating With The Stars and not real enthused with it.
Will be interesting to see the new American Idol judges and see who will compete. Don't know if we will watch the entire new Season though.
Looking forward AGAIN to watch AGT (America's Got Talent). We really, really like that show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV