Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 09:18 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,109,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgresident View Post
as far as I know, this one episode is online, and the last two will be on next week.
Wait, what? On our Dish tv guide, it lists two episodes, back to back this Saturday; episode 13, and episode 14. Are you saying the one that just aired wasn't episode 12, and that one will only be online. Why would NBC do that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2010, 09:46 PM

1,786 posts, read 3,464,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgresident View Post
Also, don't forget to watch the next episode online at nbc.com it is called seven sacrifices. I just watched it on my computer. still don't know the real plan yet!
Thanks SG! After seeing your post, I went over to Hulu and was able to watch episode 12 - so I am all up-to-date. I'm not gonna comment here about that episode until other people have the chance to watch it. And I agree - I still cannot figure out how this is all going to be wrapped up nicely in just two more episodes!

Old 08-24-2010, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cokatie View Post
Thanks SG! After seeing your post, I went over to Hulu and was able to watch episode 12 - so I am all up-to-date. I'm not gonna comment here about that episode until other people have the chance to watch it. And I agree - I still cannot figure out how this is all going to be wrapped up nicely in just two more episodes!
Episode 12 is on this Saturday night @ 8pm, to be immediately followed by episode 13. Was episode 11 the one that aired this past week, or is that only online? Thanks

Old 08-24-2010, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Episode 12 is on this Saturday night @ 8pm, to be immediately followed by episode 13. Was episode 11 the one that aired this past week, or is that only online? Thanks
Sorry - the episodes are as follows:

Eps. 10 - Identity: Irishman Liam Ulrich replaces the fallen Night Manager and tells the abductees that they must stay in second floor due to security purposes. To keep them at ease, Ulrich leaves a little memento in their hotel rooms. Because of the mementos, Moira and McNair look back at their troubled childhoods, Charlie reads about his business life from a newspaper and Joe is given the old bible he had when he was a priest. Meanwhile, Kat and Renbe are actually in the same town and see the men in the blue suits moving dead bodies to the bank vault. All the bodies have severed thumbs, they are then startled by Stefano, who severed the thumbs himself to identify the bodies. As the episode ends, The madame director warns Ulrich not to be romantically involved with Janet, when he has already started giving her better treatment than the other abductees.

Eps. 11 (the one I watched on the internet) - Seven Sacrifices: Ulrich begins to have the trust of Charlie, Blackham and most importantly Janet. Ulrich's love for Janet, makes him give her a backstory on his life before being in "The Program", as well as giving her information on how "The Program" works. Janet begins to indulge in Ulrich's advances even though Joe and Erika give her warnings to stay away. Meanwhile, Renbe is sent to jail for the murder of Janet. Kat is fired from her job, evicted from her apartment and her bank accounts and credit cards are frozen due to misunderstanding about her dealing drugs overseas. It is revealed that the old night manager survived is his injuries from Joe and is now working with the madame director. She has made the decision to terminate everyone in the town, including Ulrich.

Eps. 12 (And Then There Was One) and Eps. 13 (Shadows in the Cave) are the ones that are suppose to be airing back-to-back on this coming Saturday (8/28).

Sorry for the confusion!

Old 08-24-2010, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cokatie View Post
Sorry - the episodes are as follows:

Eps. 10 - Identity: Irishman Liam Ulrich replaces the fallen Night Manager and tells the abductees that they must stay in second floor due to security purposes. To keep them at ease, Ulrich leaves a little memento in their hotel rooms. Because of the mementos, Moira and McNair look back at their troubled childhoods, Charlie reads about his business life from a newspaper and Joe is given the old bible he had when he was a priest. Meanwhile, Kat and Renbe are actually in the same town and see the men in the blue suits moving dead bodies to the bank vault. All the bodies have severed thumbs, they are then startled by Stefano, who severed the thumbs himself to identify the bodies. As the episode ends, The madame director warns Ulrich not to be romantically involved with Janet, when he has already started giving her better treatment than the other abductees.

Eps. 11 (the one I watched on the internet) - Seven Sacrifices: Ulrich begins to have the trust of Charlie, Blackham and most importantly Janet. Ulrich's love for Janet, makes him give her a backstory on his life before being in "The Program", as well as giving her information on how "The Program" works. Janet begins to indulge in Ulrich's advances even though Joe and Erika give her warnings to stay away. Meanwhile, Renbe is sent to jail for the murder of Janet. Kat is fired from her job, evicted from her apartment and her bank accounts and credit cards are frozen due to misunderstanding about her dealing drugs overseas. It is revealed that the old night manager survived is his injuries from Joe and is now working with the madame director. She has made the decision to terminate everyone in the town, including Ulrich.

Eps. 12 (And Then There Was One) and Eps. 13 (Shadows in the Cave) are the ones that are suppose to be airing back-to-back on this coming Saturday (8/28).

Sorry for the confusion!
Got it, thanks. So why are they not airing episode 11 on tv? They're showing 10, 12 and 13, that just seems odd to me.

Old 08-24-2010, 11:12 PM

This is an explanation according to TVSquad:

"Before we get to this week's review, let me tell you about the next episode of 'Persons Unknown.'

There isn't going to be one.

Well, let me clarify, there isn't going to be one on television. NBC is doing something interesting -- and by "interesting," I mean stupid -- with the next episode ('Seven Sacrifices') of the show: they're putting it online this coming week and not on TV next Saturday. Why? Well, they want to end the show a week early, so they're putting the next episode online and then the two-hour series finale will air next Saturday.

Look, I understand that the show is getting low ratings. That's why it was shoved to Saturday nights from the original Monday night slot. But why do this at the very end of the series run? Next week's episode will be the 11th of 13, and they're screwing fans by putting it online only?

Well, I guess it's better than the alternative, not being shown at all (we've seen that happen many times before). So I guess we can look at it as having an extra show to watch next week!"

Old 08-29-2010, 12:07 AM

I can honestly say that I am absolutely livid.

Old 08-29-2010, 12:37 PM

3,872 posts, read 8,716,582 times
I stopped watching. What happened?

Old 08-29-2010, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleJ View Post
I stopped watching. What happened?
I don't know myself since NBC decided NOT to air the two-hour final episodes - and instead replaced it with NFL pre-season stuff. I'll catch it OnDemand or on Hulu. What a way to end a series! I feel bad for the cast.

Old 08-29-2010, 02:30 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,221,830 times
So NBC PROMISED an ending to this show, got people hooked even though the show basically suxd and didn't show the ending?? That's low. These networks really need to pay more attention to the viewers instead of their bottom line. Bottom line IMO....pi$$ enough viewers off and they will stop watching your network!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV