Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 03:32 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,124,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by j96g View Post
It's been sub-par since episode 1. Next week looks to be a little more interesting. It's funny how so quickly the group doesn't stay together they just go about doing their own thing. I don't know what the result will be, but I hope it has nothing to do with aliens.
My husband's guessing that they're all under an intentionally induced coma and are part of an experiment. The good thing is it's only a summer mini-series, anything longer and they'd lose too many viewers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2010, 12:11 PM

659 posts, read 1,763,008 times
I really like the concept of this show as a summer or 1 season mini-series. That way we know it has a definite story arc and a definite ending, instead of waning on for interminable seasons, through contract negotiations and inevitable cast changes before finally jumping the shark with some insane plot twist that dooms the show to a sad failure. I wish more tv execs would take the Lost hint that people WILL watch a show with a prescribed ending - as long as it's good.

So far, I think PU is OK for a summer filler. It has my interest. The main female character is super annoying, and most of the rest of the characters seem unusually dense, but it is interesting to find out what happens next.

Old 07-02-2010, 03:53 PM

2,611 posts, read 3,597,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinitegirl View Post
I really like the concept of this show as a summer or 1 season mini-series. That way we know it has a definite story arc and a definite ending, instead of waning on for interminable seasons, through contract negotiations and inevitable cast changes before finally jumping the shark with some insane plot twist that dooms the show to a sad failure. I wish more tv execs would take the Lost hint that people WILL watch a show with a prescribed ending - as long as it's good.
So far, I think PU is OK for a summer filler. It has my interest. The main female character is super annoying, and most of the rest of the characters seem unusually dense, but it is interesting to find out what happens next.
I totally agree!! I know some people compare it to Lost, but what Lost did was make the characters compelling. We didn't know what to make of John Locke in the first episodes, we saw that perhaps Sawyer would be a jerk/bad guy, but he WAS LIKABLE. You wanted to know more of what made these people them. You wanted to peer into their past.

Now PU, People go all crazy and panick too fast. It's like they are TRYING to make us feel something towards the characters we don't. Could they make the "salesman" anymore annoying! It's like they are trying to make us hate him. No redeeming qualities in him. Let's be suspicious of the mental patient, let's fall in love with the very calm war hero, let's shroud what's his face in mystery and dangle the audience that we was a very bad man and is TRYING hard to be good. Shannon, uh, I mean the blonde spoiled rich girl, geez that's never been done before! The guy who killed his wife, let's feel sorry for him so let's put him with many scenes with annoying salesman. I could go on and on.

The only interesting thing is that the reporter WAS the main girls husband. At first I thought they photoshopped his pic to make it seem he was the husband since so many people were after him and until now, wasn't seen. Plus next weeks "new" person might make things interesting. Let's see.......

Old 07-02-2010, 07:56 PM

3,872 posts, read 8,725,547 times
Wow, I was shocked that it was Joe who is the mole or whatever. I really thought it was going to be the crazy lady.

Old 07-06-2010, 10:55 PM

Okay, last nights episode was the dumbest one yet, and that's saying a lot. I dunno how much longer I can go on.....well, I guess until the end of the summer. I'm a glutton for punishment.

Old 07-07-2010, 08:49 AM

1,786 posts, read 3,468,588 times
Seriously, do all these people have some sort of military training? The new character Erika - I mean - I understand someone waking up somewhere and trying to escape - but a normal person jumping out a window, rolling and landing on the roof below, scurrying off that like a bird to land onto the ground, really? And taking on two people at once in a fight, hitting someone in the head with a shovel, and attacking a man walking, beating him and stripping him of his clothes? What the heck was that? Wouldn't any of you just asked some questions?

Even in the bank vault - Megan's Mom is able to go all commando on Erika and beat the knife out of her hand?! Seriously - I would like to think that I could handle myself if faced with a life and death situation, but in the land of reality, I know that I have never been taught to fight commando style, able to manage well-placed kicks, neck holds, etc. Frankly, if someone like Erika happened along and had me at knife point, I would cry like a little girl and await the meeting with my maker!

Where did all these people learn to fight?!

Old 07-07-2010, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cokatie View Post
Seriously, do all these people have some sort of military training? The new character Erika - I mean - I understand someone waking up somewhere and trying to escape - but a normal person jumping out a window, rolling and landing on the roof below, scurrying off that like a bird to land onto the ground, really? And taking on two people at once in a fight, hitting someone in the head with a shovel, and attacking a man walking, beating him and stripping him of his clothes? What the heck was that? Wouldn't any of you just asked some questions?

Even in the bank vault - Megan's Mom is able to go all commando on Erika and beat the knife out of her hand?! Seriously - I would like to think that I could handle myself if faced with a life and death situation, but in the land of reality, I know that I have never been taught to fight commando style, able to manage well-placed kicks, neck holds, etc. Frankly, if someone like Erika happened along and had me at knife point, I would cry like a little girl and await the meeting with my maker!

Where did all these people learn to fight?!
Hollywood. lol

Old 07-08-2010, 10:39 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,318,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j96g View Post
It's been sub-par since episode 1. Next week looks to be a little more interesting. It's funny how so quickly the group doesn't stay together they just go about doing their own thing. I don't know what the result will be, but I hope it has nothing to do with aliens.
Since we now know who the mole is, rewatching the earlier ones should be interesting. When they dug the tunnel they were very together. Then it failed and they found the fence, but were still together. Then the gas episode that was intended to either test or break that.... just what did this guy do or say or stir up? Gotta watch him close in the what came before to see what suggestions were his (which he must have known about) and what he did to lead them in one or another direction.

Seems, however, that the mole is turning against the controllers, at least starting to. That should be rather interesting.

Old 07-14-2010, 10:52 AM

154 posts, read 187,676 times
Just to update some, Persons Unknown has been moved to Saturday nights.

Old 07-14-2010, 01:16 PM

2,611 posts, read 3,597,027 times
Thanks, but we know what that "really" means.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV