Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 02:20 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,298,594 times

Advertisements

I'm watching it. Do I love it? No. I don't even know if I like it. I am just trying to figure out where they are and why they are there.
I thought it was interesting when they tried to escape in the van and the bright light somehow turned them back around so they ended up back where they came from. UFO?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2010, 02:14 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,106,248 times
I just hate the typical Hollywood agenda. They made the black guy a Muslim to make sure that we know that not all Muslims are terrorists. I just find that insulting.

Old 06-15-2010, 02:26 PM

7,372 posts, read 14,685,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
I just hate the typical Hollywood agenda. They made the black guy a Muslim to make sure that we know that not all Muslims are terrorists. I just find that insulting.

Old 06-15-2010, 06:50 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,106,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
It's an agenda. Hollywood feels that they have to subtly, or not so subtly make sure that they are pc and that the message is conveyed to us. The Sergeant, who is a black guy, is the de facto leader, and at the end of the episode, they show him doing his Muslim prayers, so as to show the audience, "See, not all Muslims are not bad." As if we didn't know that. It's just a little insulting, that's all.

Old 06-16-2010, 01:34 PM

154 posts, read 187,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleJ View Post
I loved it. Just watched it on DVR. I stopped watching Lost in the 3rd season, so it's not just for lost fans, lol. Although my husband is a HUGE Lost fan.

It kind of reminds me of that show on USA - the 4400. No one knew what was going on.

So far: I think it's an experiment.

Obviously the woman w/ the robe is a mental patient.

I think the guy who found the key in the bible is a cop or FBI or something. He never answered when the guy w/ the wife asked if he is a cop.

I think the used car salesman is there to tick everyone else off.

Did anyone else notice all the pictures in the room where the mom was are pixelated?

The guy w/ the wife - first he was worried b/c she might hurt herself, then he told the used car salesman that he had nothing to live for. I wonder if she's already dead?
I was thinking he might be something along the lines of a mercenary as he knew all the hand signals with the Marine.

Old 06-16-2010, 02:39 PM

3,872 posts, read 8,714,669 times
Quote:
It's an agenda. Hollywood feels that they have to subtly, or not so subtly make sure that they are pc and that the message is conveyed to us. The Sergeant, who is a black guy, is the de facto leader, and at the end of the episode, they show him doing his Muslim prayers, so as to show the audience, "See, not all Muslims are not bad." As if we didn't know that. It's just a little insulting, that's all.
Who is "they"? Do "they" have names? You must not be watching, or you'd know the black guy isn't the leader, the white single guy is. And who cares if the black guy is Muslim or not? They showed him saying his prayers and then cut away to the married guy reading the bible. big deal.

Old 06-16-2010, 05:12 PM

1,842 posts, read 1,767,621 times
Watched the 1st 2 episodes and I'm liking what I'm seeing. I was expecting NBC to air yet another pointless reality show. It's refreshing to see NBC and ABC give us scripted shows for our summer viewing. I guess they're getting the message that some viewers see reality as what we deal with in our respectives lives and not a scripted edited TV show. To that I commend the network execs for having a clue.

As for the show, it is weird. It kind of reminds me of The Prisoner in some aspect. I remember watching a few episodes back in the day but not religiously following it. It looks like some form of experiment to me. Conducted by who and to what end? That remains to be seen. That said I will be watching DVRing it every monday

Old 06-16-2010, 08:48 PM

3,872 posts, read 8,714,669 times
Quote:
Loved the pilot, hated the 2nd episode. It's so contrived, so predictable, so formulaic and so condescending. The black hero, the homosexual innuendo, the bumbling white guys. UGH!!!! How could a show be so good one week and so terrible the very next?
wait - what? Are you sure you're watching the same show the rest of us are? I didn't see ANY of that.

Old 06-16-2010, 09:25 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,266,071 times
Although I love Bosco from "Third Watch"....it's another "Harper's Island".

It's going to be lame...especially with the whiny "I need to get back to my daughter" character.

Isn't that one guy the dude from "Ferris Bueller's Day Off"?

Old 06-17-2010, 09:19 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,212,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleJ View Post
wait - what? Are you sure you're watching the same show the rest of us are? I didn't see ANY of that.

I enjoyed this weeks eppie again. Was it my imaginagination or did the implants look like insects to anyone else? OMG, I could never have gone through with taking them out! In the "real" world they ought to have gotten real good infections from that! Did I miss something? Homosexual innuendos?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV