Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 02:45 PM

2,794 posts, read 3,679,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Well, as it stands at the moment, anyone that is let go for "no reason" can claim for UI as it was through no fault of their own - but I really think you're pushing it to expect that an employee should be able to leave for any or no reason and still be entitled to be paid UE compensation. An employee has the "right" to leave but shouldn't expect to be compensated for having no employment in that case.

UE is meant to be a safety net not a hammock - sorry. UE is for people who WANTED to keep working but were let go.

Just my opinion.
Why do you believe that UI that conforms to at-will employment laws, a federal doctrine, and our Ninth Amendment is, "wrong"?

Shouldn't we be "legal" to our own laws, simply because we would then be moral enough to deny and disparage less fortunate illegals?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2010, 03:43 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,845,339 times
Maybe because it's INSURANCE against being unemployed through NO FAULT of your own?

If you can't see the logic there, then I'm afraid you will just have to KEEP hoping for what you want, cos it ain't happening - trust me.

Old 07-23-2010, 07:47 PM

You may have missed the point about at-will employment relationships; they are no-fault, only for-cause employment relationships have "fault" liability.

Old 07-26-2010, 07:00 PM

What protests? I live in northern California.

I am still hoping to convince our elected representatives to government, to simply bear true witness to our own laws.

Old 07-27-2010, 05:40 AM

117 posts, read 218,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taskforce4usa View Post
Our elected officials seem to have given us their answer ... "they don't care" ! If they did care they would have already created a tier 5 by now, they are fully aware that these families have been with no income and the unemployment triggers that they had set are still above 8.5% unemployment rate. The elected officials have abandoned their own people, the hardest hit victims who have been unemployed the longest, its a disgrace...and the President and the Democrats are to blame for not writing a Tier 5 bill by now.
Sadly, I have to agree with this post.
As a 99'er, I feel the Full Force of Their Slap To The Face.

As Well As Their "Scewed" Number Keeping, as the True Numbers Have Never Been Reflected = We Are Now In Recovery = Right!!!!

Old 07-27-2010, 06:01 AM
C.C

2,235 posts, read 2,363,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmarabianz View Post
Sadly, I have to agree with this post.
As a 99'er, I feel the Full Force of Their Slap To The Face.

As Well As Their "Scewed" Number Keeping, as the True Numbers Have Never Been Reflected = We Are Now In Recovery = Right!!!!
Well, the wheels seem to have fallen off the "recovery summer" bus.

Or maybe The Obamas are just too busy with their vacation plans - 30 rooms in a 5-star hotel in Spain, 10 days on Martha's Vineyard... Can these people really be this out-of-touch?

Old 07-27-2010, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.C View Post
Well, the wheels seem to have fallen off the "recovery summer" bus.

Or maybe The Obamas are just too busy with their vacation plans - 30 rooms in a 5-star hotel in Spain, 10 days on Martha's Vineyard... Can these people really be this out-of-touch?
You Blame the Obama's for "the wheels seem to have fallen off the "recovery summer" bus." ?

They the Only Ones On Vacation In Washington? = Ya Right!!

One Side Of The Isle Never Came Back From Vacation After The Election =
Was Won = Obama!!

Old 07-27-2010, 06:34 AM
C.C

2,235 posts, read 2,363,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmarabianz View Post
You Blame the Obama's for "the wheels seem to have fallen off the "recovery summer" bus." ?

They the Only Ones On Vacation In Washington? = Ya Right!!

One Side Of The Isle Never Came Back From Vacation After The Election =
Was Won = Obama!!
Just sayin' - Clinton would at least be pretending to "feel our pain". Maybe it's just me, but under the circumstances extravagant taxpayer-funded vacations just don't seem appropriate. But they will make terrific campaign fodder.

"Recovery summer" was a tasteless joke from the beginning...

Old 07-27-2010, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.C View Post
Just sayin' - Clinton would at least be pretending to "feel our pain". Maybe it's just me, but under the circumstances extravagant taxpayer-funded vacations just don't seem appropriate. But they will make terrific campaign fodder.

"Recovery summer" was a tasteless joke from the beginning...

What about the tax payer funded washington payroll? jets for all? Exorbitant pensions?
Tax payer funded vacation is lame compared to the above = All Washington!!!
Talk about being out of touch!!

Old 07-27-2010, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taskforce4usa View Post
Our elected officials seem to have given us their answer ... "they don't care" ! If they did care they would have already created a tier 5 by now, they are fully aware that these families have been with no income and the unemployment triggers that they had set are still above 8.5% unemployment rate. The elected officials have abandoned their own people, the hardest hit victims who have been unemployed the longest, its a disgrace...and the President and the Democrats are to blame for not writing a Tier 5 bill by now.
You can always write your state, elected representatives to government and petition for redress of grievances concerning unemployment compensation that conforms to at-will employment laws in any at-will employment state. Why expect our federal Congress to "legislate in all Cases whatsoever" outside of DC and other federal property, if they don't need to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment