Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2011, 09:39 PM

17 posts, read 51,005 times

Advertisements

Illinoia unemployment tier 2 UI finding and EUC08 extension!!
I am baffled with the unemployement situation a loved one is facing.

Finishing tier 1 going into tier 2....

5/31/11 - Received a letter "Determination of entitlement to emergency unemployment compensation (EUC08)... stating: This notice is to inform you your federal extension account balance has been increased to reflect up to 14 weeks of additional benefits referred to as Tier 2 benefits.

BUT WAIT....

6/29/2011- Received a letter "UI Finding" .... Stating: Since it has been determined that you have not been paid a total of 1,600.00n in covered employment, and/or you have not been paid 440.00 in covered employment outside your base period high quarter, you may be eligible for beneftis using an alernate base period or exteneded/emergency unemployment benefits. You must contact your local office by 7/6/2011 to determine your eligibility for benefits under this claim or for extended/emergency benefits.
A new benefit year claim has automatically been filed on your behalf!

Now we are confused on this.. is she still to receive the 14 weeks under the tier 2? and the UI finding letter is just stating that her regular benefit year has ended so she is just on the EXTENDED payments now through the Federal program??

Please help if anyone has gone through this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2011, 12:37 AM

25,580 posts, read 56,488,147 times
Hers is a typical routine and confusing Illinois bye situation. If she has no eligible earnings to qualify for a new claim, she continues on her Tier 2. However, their correspondence causes confusion every time.

Here's a relevant thread on Illinois:

//www.city-data.com/forum/unemp...enefits-4.html

Posts 40 to the end apply to your friend's situation. Essentially, your friend has reached her bye and needs to call or visit Illinois unemployment office to recertify her claim. If she does not recertify, Illinois will close it.

Last poster on above thread physically went in to their offices when he couldn't get through on the phone. Illinois told him their phones weren't working. They don't make it easy.

Good luck.

Old 07-03-2011, 11:19 AM

okay..thank you Ariadne22.. i will have her follow that thread.

Old 07-03-2011, 11:32 AM

9 posts, read 26,139 times
Illinois Unemployment TIER 2 (UI Finding) and EUC08 Extension

Hi!

5/31/11 - Received a letter "Determination of Entitlement to Emergency Unemployment Compensation (EUC08)... stating: This notice is to inform you your federal extension account balance has been increased to reflect up to 14 weeks of additional benefits referred to as "Tier 2" benefits.

BUT THEN...

6/29/2011 - Then i received a "UI Finding" letter stating: Since it has been determined that you have not been paid a total of 1,600.00 in covered employment, and/or you have not been paid 440.00 in covered employment outside your base period high quarter, and/or you are ineligible for benefits because you have not worked and earned 0.00 since 7/1/2010, you may be eligible for beneftis using an alernate base period or extended/emergency unemployment benefits.You must contact your local office by 7/6/2011 to determine your eligibility for benefits under this claim or for extended/emergency benefits. Failure to contact the local office may delay your payments.

It also states in this letter that a new benefit year has automatically been filed on my behalf.

I am soooo confused as to what all this means??? Will i still receive the (14) weeks under the "Tier 2" and the "UI Finding" letter is just stating that my regular benefit year has ended so i'm now just on the extended benefits through EUC08 program???

PLEASE HELP!!!

Old 07-03-2011, 11:48 AM

9 posts, read 26,139 times
Default Tier 2 - "UI Finding" Letter

Hi MissyG!

I was reading your thread and i am experiencing the exact same thing you are. I received that same letter you did and now i am wondering what all this means and if we will continue to get the "Tier 2" extension even though our benefit year has ended.

Thanks,
gbeltz007

Old 07-03-2011, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbeltz007 View Post
Hi MissyG!

I was reading your thread and i am experiencing the exact same thing you are. I received that same letter you did and now i am wondering what all this means and if we will continue to get the "Tier 2" extension even though our benefit year has ended.

Thanks,
gbeltz007
Missy posted Friday. Illinois offices closed until Tuesday.

Your question was been asked and answered two days ago. See this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Hers is a typical routine and confusing Illinois bye situation. If she has no eligible earnings to qualify for a new claim, she continues on her Tier 2. However, their correspondence causes confusion every time.

Here's a relevant thread on Illinois:

//www.city-data.com/forum/unemp...enefits-4.html

Posts 40 to the end apply to your friend's situation. Essentially, your friend has reached her bye and needs to call or visit Illinois unemployment office to recertify her claim. If she does not recertify, Illinois will close it.

Last poster on above thread physically went in to their offices when he couldn't get through on the phone. Illinois told him their phones weren't working. They don't make it easy.

Good luck.
And this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyG View Post
okay..thank you Ariadne22.. i will have her follow that thread.

Old 07-05-2011, 09:33 PM

Smile conclusion at the IDES office...

Well she went to the IDES office today and this is what she explained to me.

Yes it means that you will just continue on with the tier 2 benefits that you are currently receiving and the other letter is just a letter informing you that you will be reactivated for the 2nd year, but continuing on as the 1st years benefits.

It is more for anyone who has worked in the year of receiving the unemployment then the IDES will have to reevaluate their years worth of the new employment. And see if you still qualify basically.

But since I am assuming as she did you did also and that was that you both did NOT work at all they just will reactivate your status in the system and continue on with the Tier 2 benefits. With no loss of payment.

Hope this helps.

Old 07-20-2011, 06:08 PM

1 posts, read 9,034 times
Default Help help!!

I am a teaching assistant in IL and was laid off last year along with about 200 other teachers in the same district. I collected unemployment from that job and was also subbing for special ed but only on-call last year. My benefit year came up and I got the same letter as above. I went into the office and all was to be fine - I was to receive extended benefits, etc. I then received my waiting week check. Right after that waiting week check I got another letter stating I had to have a "phone interview" which I did; the adjucator was puzzled why the school would protest this and said all would be fine; he was "allowing it". I would continue getting my benefits. I got a full check and a few days after I got that check I got a letter that they were protesting my benefits because I may return to work in the Fall!!! (I have not been offered any job!!) I am also getting letters telling me I have to pay those 2 checks back!! That is a huge problem; my benefits are completely cut off! I have appealed it and am having a phone "hearing" on August 2nd with a referree. How am I supposed to pay them back when I am not working? I am on unemployment because of "no money"... I am so disgusted over this; I am almost ready to tell the school to stick it where the sun doesn't shine!! I feel like this is so unfair! I have gotten benefits so far this last year with no problem. I was supposed to be getting slightly more money on the check. Does anyone know of this and is this a "standard" thing that happens in schools? I have not been on unemployment before this...Thanks!

Old 07-20-2011, 07:50 PM

Yes, it is the norm in most states not to pay education employees unemployment benefits during the summer months. You should be able to resume collecting in the fall.

Here are a few threads on the subject:

//www.city-data.com/forum/unemp...time-jobs.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/unemp...l#post15768005

//www.city-data.com/forum/unemp...l#post16188784
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment