Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2020, 07:47 AM

76 posts, read 29,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scraprsmith View Post
You're right it probably is a simple fix. Yes I've seen the crazy in the future dates on some threads but usually the person ended up calling to get it resolved. My vote still says a call through to them will have it fixed in about 10 minutes. It's just a matter of a worker going into your claim and turning it back on now since you've served your 6 weeks. are you sure it was a monetary issue telephone interview because a misconduct charge phone interview would have been a non monetary issue as it dealt with reason for discharge. so that doesnt' make sense to me. why would it be for monetary issue (which is usually a problem with earnings reported and/or missing in your base period). But you've said when you opened in August it gave you a WBR monetary determination so not sure then why a monetary interview would be required at that point in time.

It definitely said monetary issue on the website, and the WBR on the claim is the one I estimated. They just took the one that was calculated off of the earnings I estimated when I filed, and it's been there ever since, and I never received the "fact finding questionnaire" in the mail, just the 6 weeks DQ letter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2020, 07:52 AM

3,259 posts, read 2,781,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RinNJ View Post
It definitely said monetary issue on the website, and the WBR on the claim is the one I estimated. They just took the one that was calculated off of the earnings I estimated when I filed, and it's been there ever since, and I never received the "fact finding questionnaire" in the mail, just the 6 weeks DQ letter.
I still say it's not a monetary issue. You don't figure out the WBA, Unemployment has all your earnings that are reported to them from employer wage reports sent to them and determine WBA off of employer quarterly wage reports. Only reason they would have required additional information is if you didn't qualify under standard base period and they were establishing a claim under alternate base period 1 or alternate base period 2. How long did you work at the job you were discharged from? Did you have other employers in that same base period? Did you have enough earnings in your standard base period from that employer you were discharged from?

There's so many pieces missing to this puzzle and you have no paperwork. What does your online account say? it shows claim filed date and says filed and shows a $$$ under WBA?

Old 06-13-2020, 08:11 AM

I worked there from March 2017 to August 2019.

I'm not logged in right now and I'm posting from my phone, but my online account says
Account Balance: $7500 something
WBR: $291
Amount Paid:
Next Payable Week: 6/6/20 (or whatever the week is)

And it's said that every week since August 11th, 2019.

Old 06-13-2020, 08:23 AM

Quote:
I worked there from March 2017 to August 2019.

I'm not logged in right now and I'm posting from my phone, but my online account says
Account Balance: $7500 something
WBR: $291
Amount Paid:
Next Payable Week: 6/6/20 (or whatever the week is)

And it's said that every week since August 11th, 2019.
ok so then no other employer is a problem in your base period for your August 2019 claim. You need to get a rep on the phone to "fix" your claim and turn it back on for your weeks to be paid. You served your 6 weeks already of misconduct.

Old 06-13-2020, 09:42 AM

Quote:
ok so then no other employer is a problem in your base period for your August 2019 claim. You need to get a rep on the phone to "fix" your claim and turn it back on for your weeks to be paid. You served your 6 weeks already of misconduct.
So just return to my current job on Thursday if I really want to, need the money, or am uncertain about how long it will take to get to talk to a human being in the unemployment office, right?

Old 06-17-2020, 07:19 AM

I got in contact with NJ Legal Services and they were able to get me my money through their appeals department. I still have to wait for the CARES money, but I woke up this morning, logged into the unemployment website, and saw they paid of 15 weeks of back pay in benefits.

But for some reason, the $3500 isn't showing up in my bank account, even though I set up a direct deposit to my checking account? Is that normal or does that mean I'll have to wait for a check in the mail?

Old 06-17-2020, 07:24 AM

Quote:
I got in contact with NJ Legal Services and they were able to get me my money through their appeals department. I still have to wait for the CARES money, but I woke up this morning, logged into the unemployment website, and saw they paid of 15 weeks of back pay in benefits.

But for some reason, the $3500 isn't showing up in my bank account, even though I set up a direct deposit to my checking account? Is that normal or does that mean I'll have to wait for a check in the mail?
So glad you were able to get through and get your money. Direct deposit is usually 2 business days til it hits your bank account. so if you certify on a Sunday money is in the bank on Tuesday. If payment was issued yesterday it should be in your bank by Thursday. $600 usually trails a week behind regular UI payments. Look for that money next week, usually Mondays.

Can you elaborate on your experience with NJ Legal Services. What did they determine was the reason for the hold up for all your weeks of payments. You said through their appeals department? What does that entail going further?

Old 06-17-2020, 07:32 AM

Quote:
So glad you were able to get through and get your money. Direct deposit is usually 2 business days til it hits your bank account. so if you certify on a Sunday money is in the bank on Tuesday. If payment was issued yesterday it should be in your bank by Thursday. $600 usually trails a week behind regular UI payments. Look for that money next week, usually Mondays.

Can you elaborate on your experience with NJ Legal Services. What did they determine was the reason for the hold up for all your weeks of payments. You said through their appeals department? What does that entail going further?
They never gave me a specific reason as to what the issue was nor did I ask. I should have, so that I could have given you guys an account that might help someone else in the future, but I was just elated to finally get my money.

Old 06-17-2020, 07:36 AM

Quote:
They never gave me a specific reason as to what the issue was nor did I ask. I should have, so that I could have given you guys an account that might help someone else in the future, but I was just elated to finally get my money.
So right now you're good on your regular UI and then just need to wait for the 15 weeks x $600? That will be a nice chunk of change. Don't do anything "stupid" with your return to work at employer until you at least get your $9000 grand in your bank account you're entitled to for those back weeks.

Old 06-17-2020, 07:48 AM

Quote:
So right now you're good on your regular UI and then just need to wait for the 15 weeks x $600? That will be a nice chunk of change. Don't do anything "stupid" with your return to work at employer until you at least get your $9000 grand in your bank account you're entitled to for those back weeks.
Why even return to my job? I can sit the summer out and get the entry level job I needed back when I graduated from college, and this job is not something that would help out a resume anyway. I believe it'll be 8 weeks of the CARES money for those 8 weeks I was furloughed. It appears the 15 weeks of the UI benefits are going back to those weeks I certified last August and September.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment