Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2020, 09:11 PM

22 posts, read 11,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newyork19 View Post
It will, had the same thing happen to me. It went smoothly.
Thanks Newyork19, that's awesome. Also, glad to know it went smoothly for you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2020, 08:49 AM

38 posts, read 27,074 times
Im in California, Filed a new claim after benefit year ended 5/10/20. Still stuck on pending for that new claim, I have been able to certify for each week after filing the new claim though.

California EDD website states all who's benefit year ended after July 2019 will have to wait till early July for instructions on how to get the 13 week Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Claim Extension.

Old 06-12-2020, 12:00 PM

3,259 posts, read 2,784,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdfaith View Post
Im in California, Filed a new claim after benefit year ended 5/10/20. Still stuck on pending for that new claim, I have been able to certify for each week after filing the new claim though.

California EDD website states all who's benefit year ended after July 2019 will have to wait till early July for instructions on how to get the 13 week Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Claim Extension.
there's another thread on CA extensions which has lots of info on it and other CA members keep updating with their outcomes.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/unem...a-13-week.html

Old 06-18-2020, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newyork19 View Post
It will, had the same thing happen to me. It went smoothly.

Hi Newyork19, after you filed your new claim in NY, how long did it take for you to receive payment?

My U.I year expired 6/7/20 while I was still collecting the $600 extra. So, I filed a new claim 6/8/20 it immediately said my claim was complete and I should start to certify 6/17/20 which I did yesterday. Now a few days ago, I got a DOL letter giving my new U.I weekly rates.

The only thing is that even thou I certified yesterday 6/17/20 as I was told, on the DOL website, it shows that I have 104 days but it does not have my weekly rate and it doesn't show any payments being sent.
When should I expect to start getting paid?

Thanks

Old 06-18-2020, 07:49 AM

343 posts, read 186,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfette001 View Post
Hi Newyork19, after you filed your new claim in NY, how long did it take for you to receive payment?

My U.I year expired 6/7/20 while I was still collecting the $600 extra. So, I filed a new claim 6/8/20 it immediately said my claim was complete and I should start to certify 6/17/20 which I did yesterday. Now a few days ago, I got a DOL letter giving my new U.I weekly rates.

The only thing is that even thou I certified yesterday 6/17/20 as I was told, on the DOL website, it shows that I have 104 days but it does not have my weekly rate and it doesn't show any payments being sent.
When should I expect to start getting paid?

Thanks
I received the payment on schedule.

Meaning the following week I received payment after filing a new claim.

Didn’t miss a week.

I called them to get my claim going, lit a fire on them to do their job.

Old 06-18-2020, 09:06 AM

Hi Newyork19, do you mind going into detail?

what date did your old claim expire? what date did you file the new claim?

did you get a letter for your new weekly rates?

what date did you get the first payment?

Thanks

Old 06-18-2020, 09:26 AM

343 posts, read 186,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfette001 View Post
Hi Newyork19, do you mind going into detail?

what date did your old claim expire? what date did you file the new claim?

did you get a letter for your new weekly rates?

what date did you get the first payment?

Thanks
Old claim expired in May 2020 on a Sunday

Filed new claim 2 days later on a Wednesday
because I wanted the money deposited on Tuesday from the last Sunday I claimed.

Received a letter the letter a week later but it was wrong

The new claim gave me a start date of March, which is a default date but it is wrong because I filed new claim in May.

I called them Thursday to get it fixed to May instead of March.

They fixed it asap while I was on the phone.

My account updated on Friday with everything correct

Claimed Sunday and got paid Tuesday.

Then received letters on my new claim and weekly benefit amount a week later on the correct claim

Old 06-18-2020, 11:05 AM

Thanks Newyork19, that's so great that it happened so fast for you. Talk about peace of mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment