Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2020, 11:34 AM

164 posts, read 141,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCNYC212 View Post
According to US DOL, one of the critera to receive EB is:

"no rights to regular UC with respect to any UC law of another state or Canada;"

What does this mean?

If I worked for ONE employer but in two states (one in NY and other in TX)

My history: NY employment and wages from 2017 thru Feb 2019
and TX employment and wages from Feb 2019 thru August 2019

My current claim which began in August 2019 is with NY and I exhausted both regular and PEUC

Does this mean that I am not eligible for EB since technically I can apply for unemployment in Texas?

Remember it is from the same employer just relocated

NY should be paying you through August 2020.

Take it one step at a time, then worry post-August later and at that point try to open a new Claim in NY or TX whichever you prefer -- You might still have enough earnings in both States they hadn't used yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2020, 12:13 PM

142 posts, read 83,492 times
Yes I know but I wanted to know if I qualify or do not qualify for EB

According to US DOL - a claimant is not eligible for EB if:
the claimant has rights to regular UC with respect to any UC law of another state or Canada;

And in my case I do have sufficent wages from Texas to file for unemployment there, and remember it is the same employer.

Please advise!

Old 06-30-2020, 12:48 PM

164 posts, read 141,704 times
Quote:

the claimant has rights to regular UC with respect to any UC law of another state or Canada;

And in my case I do have sufficent wages from Texas to file for unemployment there, and remember it is the same employer.

Please advise!

Yes but your NY Claim year is NOT over yet till August 2020 so why are you freaking about it right now?

I answered you before... You'll get the EB till August and then worry about next steps at that point. See other thread.

Old 06-30-2020, 12:52 PM

Got ya. Thank you for the prompt reply. I am freaking out bc this is all nerve wrecking ;(

Old 06-30-2020, 03:52 PM

3,259 posts, read 2,768,624 times
Quote:

Please advise!
Worthy to note some of the qualifications. info below answers your numerous posts/comments on "wage test". Interesting last bullet item. which I'm not sure how that would work if your benefit year expired before the EB was put into effect. Unless they're considering an expired benefit year that is now labeled "on extension" PEUC extension a week under a benefit year (even though person's regular UI benefit year has expired).

a. Basic Qualifications for EB.

EB is payable only after exhaustion of PEUC and other UC as explained below. During the period that PEUC is available, an individual must have exhausted PEUC entitlement before commencing receipt of EB. To qualify for EB the individual must have:

ï‚· exhausted all rights to regular UC under state law;

ï‚· no rights to regular UC with respect to any UC law of another state or Canada;

ï‚· exhausted PEUC;

ï‚· wages in the base period (with respect to the regular UC claim that was
exhausted) that includes one of the following: (1) 20 weeks of full-time covered
employment; (2) wages higher than 40 times the individual’s most recent weekly
benefit amount; or (3) total wages in the base period equal to or greater than 1.5
times the highest quarter (see Section 202(a)(5), EUCA);

ï‚· no disqualifications that would prevent the individual from being eligible for EB
(see Section 202(a)(4), EUCA); and

ï‚· at least one week in the benefit year that begins in an EB eligibility period (see
Section 203(c), EUCA).

Old 06-30-2020, 04:00 PM

thank you.

My benefit year end date is August 2020

So, does this mean I still qualify? Please advise! I am so confused.

Old 06-30-2020, 04:09 PM

I am just having a real difficult time given my situation with employment from ONE employer but in 2 different states, especially with this part of the criteria

"ï‚· no rights to regular UC with respect to any UC law of another state or Canada;"

Can someone explain to me in layman terms what the above means and how it applies to my situation

Old 07-13-2020, 08:17 PM

Ive posted this weeks ago when PEUC claimants were on the verge of exhausting their 13 Weeks of PEUC extension.

Now I am seeing a bunch of posts regarding Extended Benefits.

Please do your due dilligence and research what EB is.

Old 07-13-2020, 09:42 PM

3,259 posts, read 2,768,624 times
Quote:
Ive posted this weeks ago when PEUC claimants were on the verge of exhausting their 13 Weeks of PEUC extension.

Now I am seeing a bunch of posts regarding Extended Benefits.

Please do your due dilligence and research what EB is.
smart move.. as we've been saying for the last few weeks.

Old 07-15-2020, 03:55 AM

31,910 posts, read 26,979,379 times
NYS DOL made an announcement yesterday regarding extended benefits.

https://patch.com/new-york/new-york-...enefits-effect

https://www.labor.ny.gov/ui/pdfs/ext...nefits-faq.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment