Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2009, 10:42 AM

136 posts, read 242,792 times

Advertisements

to nicet4 - great post that's what I said several (more like 50 by now) pages back. I saved 30% of my first job checks for a year and had enough to pay in cash a brand new Nissan Maxima. I love my car, and am fully grateful that it's paid off, or else I would be totally lost at this point. I have most of the rest of my savings in CD's that I can't touch for a few more years, that was my emergency savings. So yes, I fully agree with your post and you hit the nail on the head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2009, 12:51 PM

189 posts, read 307,070 times
Does anyone know the answer to this as a statement I was making and wondering how this is working.

I was thinking the only issues that would come up is that if someone has started a job in between the 2nd tier and the SEB they would have to do the research. When I got the 2nd tier it went right through without hesitation. The lady at my GDOL said they are just getting started with the letters because they had so many SEB's application.

Old 06-17-2009, 01:53 PM

53 posts, read 91,014 times
I talked to Randy and he said mine was processed and would be released tomorrow, so hopefully i will have money Friday

Old 06-17-2009, 01:55 PM

35 posts, read 63,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelamk72 View Post
I talked to Randy and he said mine was processed and would be released tomorrow, so hopefully i will have money Friday

I hope so! I hope I get my two weeks tomorrow also. I had spoken to Yandy this morning.

Old 06-17-2009, 02:10 PM

189 posts, read 307,070 times
I just spoke with Jandy and she submitted my information and said it would be keyed in and if there are no issues, such as if I had returned back to work since my 2nd tier, then they would be releasing the funds. I asked her were they just sitting there waiting for us to call in and she said no that our career center should have entered the information when I went in and asked about the status the other day. She said I could call back Monday to make sure that it had been entered but it is usually within 48 hours. She did tell me that entering this in is separate than when we filled out the initial SEB form on the 22nd. I pray that this goes through smoothly now and I get my money next week.

Old 06-17-2009, 03:21 PM

That's what Jandy told me that it takes 48 to process and 48 to release this morning, then I talked to Randy and he said mine was processed and would be released tomorrow so we will see!!!!!!

Old 06-17-2009, 03:58 PM

462 posts, read 990,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_theater View Post
to nicet4 - great post that's what I said several (more like 50 by now) pages back. I saved 30% of my first job checks for a year and had enough to pay in cash a brand new Nissan Maxima. I love my car, and am fully grateful that it's paid off, or else I would be totally lost at this point. I have most of the rest of my savings in CD's that I can't touch for a few more years, that was my emergency savings. So yes, I fully agree with your post and you hit the nail on the head.
I am certainly in agreement with what you and Nice had to say, however, you have to remember that sometimes there are extenuating circumstances that lectures on budgeting and saving can't help. I have a daughter with a chronic illness, we joke about her million dollar smile....in actuality it is not a joke. We have no savings, no IRA, no bonds, is it because we lived beyond our means? NO..it is because chronic illness got the best of us. Did we abuse credit cards? YEP, we used them to pay for medication that sometimes exceeded 1000 a month. We all need to think long and hard before we make generalizations. I would like to believe that if we have learned anything here, it is that we all come to this place because of circumstances beyond our control, not because we didn't save...or pay cash for a car....or lived beyond our means.

Old 06-17-2009, 04:00 PM

Very well said SMS200...

Old 06-17-2009, 04:04 PM

462 posts, read 990,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelamk72 View Post
Very well said SMS200...
Thank you

Old 06-17-2009, 04:20 PM

151 posts, read 317,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMS200 View Post
I am certainly in agreement with what you and Nice had to say, however, you have to remember that sometimes there are extenuating circumstances that lectures on budgeting and saving can't help. I have a daughter with a chronic illness, we joke about her million dollar smile....in actuality it is not a joke. We have no savings, no IRA, no bonds, is it because we lived beyond our means? NO..it is because chronic illness got the best of us. Did we abuse credit cards? YEP, we used them to pay for medication that sometimes exceeded 1000 a month. We all need to think long and hard before we make generalizations. I would like to believe that if we have learned anything here, it is that we all come to this place because of circumstances beyond our control, not because we didn't save...or pay cash for a car....or lived beyond our means.
DITTO! We are all in the same boat and I trust that every person here is intelligent, responsible and living in reality! Unfortunately, some of us were already dealing with life issues before the government and the economy blew up in our faces - and we weren't even at the controls and didn't have a crystal ball to see it coming. I don't feel the need to lecture to anyone here because I trust them as adults to know how to take care of their personal business in the most effective, beneficial way for their situation. I don't live their life; therefore, I can't assume that my plan is right for anyone but me so I don't feel the need to suggest what is best for anyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment