Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2010, 05:43 AM

275 posts, read 430,343 times

Advertisements

I just filed for my first EB benefits today and did not read the form in detail. I was keeping dates and details on my job search assuming I would enter them online. I was supposed to mail that part of the form in prior to filing my claim. How picky are these folks if I mail the yellow form in late?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2010, 10:30 AM

3,814 posts, read 11,973,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gquiring View Post
I just filed for my first EB benefits today and did not read the form in detail. I was keeping dates and details on my job search assuming I would enter them online. I was supposed to mail that part of the form in prior to filing my claim. How picky are these folks if I mail the yellow form in late?
Your payment of EB benefits is released when you actually file online or by telephone. However, if the job search portion of the form is not received by UI and confirmed on your account shortly afterward, that will flag your account for subsequent review and possible delay of future payments.

Get this one in ASAP, and be sure to mail future forms on time.

Old 08-28-2010, 06:31 PM

20 posts, read 54,579 times
Yes thank you diorgirl for some good information I needed also, even though I didn't post a question?

Old 09-09-2010, 03:40 PM

3 posts, read 17,347 times
Default Base Weeks

I recently had a claim on 5/30/2010 for 1/1/2010 to 5/29/2010. NJ UE gave me 12 weeks of UE pay, but after the original payments, they stopped and mentioned that I was not eligible for extension stating i only had 12 base weeks of work. If you count from 1/1/2010 to 5/29/2010, that is a total of 22 base weeks. Do I qaulify for at least the alternative base week claim or did they count my base weeks wrong. Please help!!!

Old 10-25-2010, 12:58 AM

1 posts, read 2,586 times
Hello, I have a question. My unemployment cycle, 3rd tier, will end November 20, 2010. Is the unemployment office still granting extensions up to this date? If so, when is the cut off date for the most recent extension granted. Thanks for your help guys, I appreciate it. Tom

Old 10-25-2010, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernat33 View Post
Hello, I have a question. My unemployment cycle, 3rd tier, will end November 20, 2010. Is the unemployment office still granting extensions up to this date? If so, when is the cut off date for the most recent extension granted. Thanks for your help guys, I appreciate it. Tom
Yes -- in New Jersey you will automatically begin Tier IV on Sunday November 21, and you will be allowed to complete the six weeks of Tier IV.

The last date you can move to a new Tier is Sunday, November 28; the last date you can move from regular benefits to Tier I is Sunday, November 21 (which just happens to coincide with your eligibility for Tier IV).

When you exhaust Tier IV, you may be eligible for EB.

Old 10-27-2010, 09:58 AM

47 posts, read 158,166 times
I am curious to know how long some people have been receiving unemployment benefits for? Or if anyone knows the "max" length attainable at this given time? Thanks so much for the help!

I am coming up on the 2year mark for the record with no luck finding anything that can come close to what I am making through unemployment.

Sounds like I am pretty much in the same boat as Juggernat33, no?

Old 10-27-2010, 10:14 AM

1,828 posts, read 4,655,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njgoer View Post
I am curious to know how long some people have been receiving unemployment benefits for? Or if anyone knows the "max" length attainable at this given time? Thanks so much for the help!

I am coming up on the 2year mark for the record with no luck finding anything that can come close to what I am making through unemployment.

Sounds like I am pretty much in the same boat as Juggernat33, no?
If your coming up on 2 years you are almost done. 99 weeks is the max and that is only if they keep extending out the UI deadlines which are now set to expire Nov. 30th. I was lucky and got a job that starts 2 weeks before I was to run out. I will have collected 97 weeks of the 99 weeks the day I start my new job.

Old 10-27-2010, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njgoer View Post
The maximum number of weeks of unemployment benefits which is currently available is 99:
• Regular benefits
- up to 26 weeks
• EUC Tier I
- up to 20 weeks
• EUC Tier II
- up to 14 weeks
• EUC Tier III
- up to 13 weeks (state must have a three-month average unemployment rate of at least 6%).
• EUC Tier IV - up to 6 weeks (state must have a three-month average unemployment rate of at least 8.5%).
• EB - up to 13 weeks (state must have a three-month average unemployment rate of at least 6%).
• High EB - up to an additional 7 weeks (state must have a three-month average unemployment rate of at least 8%).

The unemployment rate triggers for EB can vary from state to state. However, most states opt for the three-month average unemployment rate triggers listed above. In addition, most states discontinue EB when the 100% federal funding expires for EB, and the funding formula reverts to the traditional split of 50% federal/50% state.

New Jersey currently meets the triggers to provide up to the maximum of 99 weeks of benefits. In addition, NJ continues to provide EB after the 100% federal funding expires -- the state automatically reverts to the traditional 50% federal/50% state formula.

There is a thread here where people discuss the length of time that they have been unemployed/collecting benefits:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/unemp...type-work.html

Old 10-27-2010, 03:01 PM

47 posts, read 158,166 times
diorgirl...thank you so much for your informative response!

All of this has never been to clear to me so, I apologize for not being on board with all the above.

I do in fact reside in NewJersey and it looks to be as if my 99weeks are coming to an end. You then mentioned NJ continues to provide EB after the 99weeks are exhausted. The state reverts to the 50/50 formula...do you mind elaborating on what exactly this means. Thank you so much!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment