Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 07:22 AM

111 posts, read 265,817 times

Advertisements

Thanks for all your ideas and suggestions, both humorous and not. I like the earthquake machine idea. That's as good as any I've come up with!

Nothing strange has happened since my original post. As I said in my original post, there was a month or two gap between what was going on originally and what has been happening lately, so two days is nothing. Right now, all I'm going to do is wait and see if anything else starts happening. I try to find logical solutions in life, but the difficulty I'm having is I can't even identify the logical cause, right now (not saying there isn't one), let alone a solution. Nothing is off the table right now. I call the "go see a medium" idea the "if you can't beat 'em join 'em" solution. Maybe I'll try that if the preacher/exorcism idea fails (I'm just trying to be humurous - please don't be offended).

Anyway, I'll update this again if wierd stuff starts happening again. Hopefully it won't!

Old 07-12-2010, 08:51 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,436,083 times
Well you said its a townhouse...perhaps something is going on in one of the houses on either side,like a way out of balance washing machine causing the shaking.Sometimes something totally natural occurring in a connected neighbors house can cause some weird vibrations in yours.

Old 07-19-2010, 07:17 PM

6,957 posts, read 6,884,777 times
It is strange how a genuine question provokes many fatuous answers - particularly when someone is obviously in need of some help. I wonder what motivates those? Anyway, I have a thought that you may like to rule out before progressing with the preacher/medium/vicar/priest idea.

It could be the military or government testing new technology.

Particularly something which produces ultra sound or some vibration-type effect. The various things in your house that have been vibrating are resonating on a harmonic of the frequency of the 'beam'. Your house just happens to be in the way of the beam.

When you hear the rushing sound in your head, perhaps you are picking up this frequency too as it seems to be a prelude to something else in your house vibrating or breaking. The breaking of china may be after they vibrated off of a dresser or cupboard.

The vibration appears to be the key to this. If the device works on multi-frequencies, then you will get different things resonating as the frequency is changed.

If I am correct, then you will probably never know because the government are not likely to 'own up' to this kind of device. It could also be going through the atmosphere or through the ground and places where the waves are at a peak will cause most damage.

If I were you, I might move to a different area or call in a university with measuring equipment!

Old 07-20-2010, 06:01 PM

Thanks for all the replies. Nothing else unusual has happened since the night before my original post, so I'm on hold as far as looking into it further unless/until it resumes. Obviously, I hope it doesn't. There was about a month or two lag between the first set of events and the second, so it remains to be seen if anything unusual starts happening again. If it does, I'll post about it.

Old 07-20-2010, 11:42 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,226,551 times
Have you tried telling your 'guest' that it's not welcome in your home? Then get a St. Michael's medal. Might not help but it couldn't hurt. One last thing, we do have earthquakes in Colorado.

Old 07-26-2010, 05:44 PM

Default Update to the wierdness

A night or two after my last post, when I was about half asleep, as clear as could be, I heard a fairly loud whisper in my ear of "purr" or "burr". Now, I don't think for a moment that if someone had been listening that they could have heard it, but if someone had actually whisperred in my ear from an inch a way, it could not have sounded any more real. It wasn't like a dream. It was an audible sound (to me) in my ear. I opened my eyes and when I saw no one was there, I was so startled I actually physically jumped in bed and let out a little shout which in turn caused my wife to wake up with a jump and a shout. It would have been funny if it hadn't been scary. I have never before experienced something like that (this has been a year of first experiences!)
And a couple of nights later, I awoke to the sound of my wife's jewelry rattling for a second or two. It was similar to what I experienced earlier, except this time there was no sensation in my head. That was maybe three nights ago, and nothing else has happened since then.

Obviously, there are two schools of thought:
1. The physical shaking and rattling is real (my wife is an ear witness and the tupperwear did break) and there is a logical explanation for it, although the explanation might be very unusal or hard to figure out. All this other stuff that is going on is simply my mind playing tricks on me because of being freaked out over the unexplained shaking.
2. Something supernatural is going on and these latest experiences just support that.
I suppose a third explanation would be I am making all of this up for kicks. I assure you that I am not. While I find this fascinating in a way, it's also pretty scary and I am more than ready for it to be over. I have read where people have had much more dramatic experiences than this (if you believe the stories) and I am not in the least interested in being one of those people.

And no, I don't believe in bigfoot or UFOs (in terms of aliens) or the Loch Ness monster or the Bermuda Triangle, etc. I'm actually pretty cynical and skeptical by nature, so it's kind of ironic that something like this would happen to me.

Old 07-26-2010, 06:39 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,869,230 times
try not to eat spicy food just before you go to bed.

Old 07-26-2010, 06:46 PM

2,074 posts, read 2,164,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdcon View Post
A night or two after my last post, when I was about half asleep, as clear as could be, I heard a fairly loud whisper in my ear of "purr" or "burr". Now, I don't think for a moment that if someone had been listening that they could have heard it, but if someone had actually whisperred in my ear from an inch a way, it could not have sounded any more real. It wasn't like a dream. It was an audible sound (to me) in my ear. I opened my eyes and when I saw no one was there, I was so startled I actually physically jumped in bed and let out a little shout which in turn caused my wife to wake up with a jump and a shout. It would have been funny if it hadn't been scary. I have never before experienced something like that (this has been a year of first experiences!)
And a couple of nights later, I awoke to the sound of my wife's jewelry rattling for a second or two. It was similar to what I experienced earlier, except this time there was no sensation in my head. That was maybe three nights ago, and nothing else has happened since then.

And no, I don't believe in bigfoot or UFOs (in terms of aliens) or the Loch Ness monster or the Bermuda Triangle, etc. I'm actually pretty cynical and skeptical by nature, so it's kind of ironic that something like this would happen to me.
Did you feel any coldness in the room when this happened? To me this is an earthbound spirit hanging around your house. Do you know anyone who has had experiences with spirits, like a medium, who could come over and scope out the place? I recommended that before. Do you know of someone who died? Like your Mother, maybe, or an aunt? Someone who liked and always wore jewelry? Can you find out who owned your home before you? And if that person, or someone who was close to them, died during that time. It seems like they are giving you their name... purr... maybe Pearl, or a last name that starts out that way... or burr... could be Burt.

Look on the bright side, at least this spirit is not attacking you and is just trying to get your attention... which I would say Mission Accomplished.

Keep us posted.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Did you feel any coldness in the room when this happened? To me this is an earthbound spirit hanging around your house. Do you know anyone who has had experiences with spirits, like a medium, who could come over and scope out the place? I recommended that before. Do you know of someone who died? Like your Mother, maybe, or an aunt? Someone who liked and always wore jewelry? Can you find out who owned your home before you? And if that person, or someone who was close to them, died during that time. It seems like they are giving you their name... purr... maybe Pearl, or a last name that starts out that way... or burr... could be Burt.

Look on the bright side, at least this spirit is not attacking you and is just trying to get your attention... which I would say Mission Accomplished.

Keep us posted.
No, I didn't feel coldness in the room. That hasn't happened at any point. I haven't seen anything or felt anything either. No one has died recently, either. I had a half brother who died in '02 at the age of 18 (meningitis). He was 19 years younger than me so we weren't particularly close. I don't know the previous occupants. The guy I bought it from never lived there. He just rented it out. I've lived there for 8 years and never had a problem until the Spring.

Honestly, I'm not interested in having a conversation with it so I'm not really interested in the medium option at this point. Maybe if it gets worse...

Also, I haven't given up on the idea that this is just some natural wierdness coupled with some Psychological stress.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:13 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,320,521 times
LMAO...thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal