Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2010, 06:18 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,616,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
The Moon is the best non-Earth candidate for life in our solar system.
Except for the absence of an atmosphere and water. But those are such ridiculous, petty little details.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2010, 06:48 AM

5,458 posts, read 6,718,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
How convenient, you forgot to reply to this one. :-)
Probably because "you need to have faith before you see the evidence" is no more convincing coming from religious believers in UFOs than it is from religious believers in God.

Quote:
No, seriously though, it is all very well one side trying to ask for verifiable proof or scientific papers from the other side, but you know as well as I do, that there are no scientific papers out there on these subjects. That is why you ask for them...
But why not? There were lots of papers, for example, about the evidence for water on the Moon before it was accepted as mainstream science. See this 1998 paper - Fluxes of Fast and Epithermal Neutrons from Lunar Prospector: Evidence for Water Ice at the Lunar Poles -- Feldman et al. 281 (5382): 1496 -- Science. Pretty tough to do if NASA was able to cover this up until 1999 as you asserted.

So if there's evidence there will be peer-reviewed papers out there even if NASA is trying to cover them up. What's your excuse for having nothing to show to back up your claims?

Quote:
Anyway, having said that you would love to find out that there are aliens, all I am doing is asking you whether you really do want to know, or whether you are just saying that for effect - which is what I suspect.
Here's a quick bit of advice : before blaming others for ignoring vast amounts of convincing data, it's best to acutally have that data which supports your claims. Otherwise it makes it look like you're just trying to distract from the fact that you have nothing to back up your faith in aliens on Mars or whatever it is you're trying to sell.

Old 10-25-2010, 06:51 AM

5,458 posts, read 6,718,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Except for the absence of an atmosphere and water. But those are such ridiculous, petty little details.
No, there's air and water. It's just being covered up. How do we know? Because if it wasn't being covered up, there's be lots of evidence for it. Duh! You can't hide the evidence and then let everyone know about it. Wouldn't be much of a conspiracy if you just told everyone the truth now would it.

So there's obviously evidence of air and water on the Moon because we know there isn't. Makes perfect sense.

Old 10-25-2010, 07:12 AM

7,057 posts, read 9,086,353 times
Quote:

Don't laugh when I say this (because only astronauts know the truth) but I truly believe that we have skyscrapers and pyramid like structures on the Moon. I believe that the Moon has breathable air in some places and a blue sky like Earth. I believe that many races of ETs live on the Moon and that NASA freaked out when they learned of this. I also believe that most of the Moon landing video from the 1960s was fake (because the real Moon had too much evidence on it to hide so they faked the public video).
How can anyone do anything but laugh at a statement like this? There are no 'skyscrapers' or 'pyramid-like structures' on the moon, you can see this for yourself with a powerful telescope. (I know, you're going to say that they are all conveniently hidden on the back side where we can't see them.)

The moon has no atmosphere whatsoever, nevermind any 'breathable air', the moon's gravity is insufficient to retain it. No atmosphere means no blue (or any other color) sky, all you see is the blackness of space punctuated by the light of other celestial objects.

No one is living on the moon. I watched the moon landings in real time, the video is real.

Quote:
Now, most of you would think that I'm one banana short of a fruit basket for saying this. However, we all live on a "rock" that is literally crawling with life. Give me one good reason why the "rock next door" would be lifeless. Don't you guys see that a lifeless Moon is most likely a myth to keep the public feeling "safe"? We live on a rock of life that is just the right distance from the Sun. The Moon is also just the right distance from the Sun. The Moon is the best non-Earth candidate for life in our solar system.
Your basket has far too high a concentration of nuts to ever be called a 'fruit basket'. The moon is not a candidate for life at all, no atmosphere, no liquid water, and temperature extremes that are far too inhospitable.

This has got to be one of the flakiest things I've ever read on here. It boggles my mind that you might actually believe what you wrote.

Old 10-25-2010, 07:21 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,687,726 times
Quote:
The Moon is also just the right distance from the Sun. The Moon is the best non-Earth candidate for life in our solar system.
Except for inconsequential little details such as the moon not having sufficient gravity to be able to hold an atmosphere in place. Really, what's wrong with you people?

Here, learn something useful for once:

http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasc...0/phy00589.htm

Old 10-25-2010, 09:26 AM

7,077 posts, read 12,354,425 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyYto9H85Gw

Old 10-25-2010, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Except for inconsequential little details such as the moon not having sufficient gravity to be able to hold an atmosphere in place.
I gave this some thought myself when I first heard about ex-NASA employees claiming that life is on the Moon. Here is my own hypothesis (and please feel free to point out any flaws in my logic).

The Earth spins very fast compared to the Moon. In fact, one side of the Moon is locked into facing Earth at all times. Because Earth is a much faster spinning "ball", Earth would require more gravity than the Moon in order to hold things down. With this said, the slower spinning Moon could sustain a thin atmosphere while having less gravity than Earth. FWIW, gravity on Earth is stronger at the poles than the equator. This fact supports my hypothesis about rotation and centrifugal force having an effect on gravity.

Also, the "far side" of the Moon (the 41% that never faces Earth) would have the most gravity simply because Earth's gravity might be magnifying it. It is a fact that Earth's gravitational pull on the Moon is so strong that the Moon is in tidal lock with the Earth. This could mean lesser gravity on the side that faces Earth; greater gravity on the side that never faces Earth.

If I were an ET, I would do most of my building on the side of the Moon that has the most gravity and the thickest atmosphere. My hypothesis is that the far side of the Moon is simply the most "life friendly" side. I don't think ET activity on the far side was done to "hide" from our view.

Old 10-25-2010, 10:45 AM

1,385 posts, read 2,455,496 times
Quote:
I agree. However, what caused that progression? Mainsteam science tells us that it was environment, migration, and chance mutations.
Are you saying that the driving force of evolution is different for humans than for all other life forms?

Quote:
DNA evidence tells us that we share a common ancestor with apes that is 5-8 million years old (which makes me wonder who is our non-common ancestor that made us split-off).
It is when you say things like this that we doubt your understanding of evolution. There is no need for a "non-common ancestor" to cause a split.

Quote:
DNA evidence also tells us that our HAR-1 gene has evolved MUCH faster than the same gene found in chimps and chickens. No other mammal on Earth has a human-like HAR-1 gene (not even the apes). Do some research on this gene and you will understand why this gene challenges modern day evolution theories.
Okay, I looked into it. This does not challenge evolution.

Quote:
That's like saying Obama is white. He is also black. The correct statement would be Obama is biracially white/black. My point is that we humans are apes and something else too. Calling humans apes is only half-correct.
You have no evidence of this "something else", mainstream or otherwise.

Quote:
Don't laugh when I say this (because only astronauts know the truth) but I truly believe that we have skyscrapers and pyramid like structures on the Moon. I believe that the Moon has breathable air in some places and a blue sky like Earth. I believe that many races of ETs live on the Moon and that NASA freaked out when they learned of this. I also believe that most of the Moon landing video from the 1960s was fake (because the real Moon had too much evidence on it to hide so they faked the public video).
There went your last shred of credibility.

Old 10-25-2010, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzly Friddle View Post
There went your last shred of credibility.
And there went yours.
Sizzly Friddle
Cheerfully Optomistic Skeptic!

optimistic
Optimistic | Define Optimistic at Dictionary.com

My point here is let's quit with the personal attacks and ridicule (because we are ALL human). You say that I've lost credibility because I believe that the Moon has ET life on it. Well, why is that so ridiculous? Forget what you've been told in school and in the mainstream media. Tell me in your own words why the Moon can not have life on it. Someone brought up a very valid point about the lack of sufficient gravity on the Moon. Well, I gave an answer to that point. Now, give me something else.

Last edited by urbancharlotte; 10-25-2010 at 11:07 AM..

Old 10-25-2010, 11:36 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,687,726 times
Quote:
I gave this some thought myself when I first heard about ex-NASA employees claiming that life is on the Moon. Here is my own hypothesis (and please feel free to point out any flaws in my logic).

The Earth spins very fast compared to the Moon. In fact, one side of the Moon is locked into facing Earth at all times. Because Earth is a much faster spinning "ball", Earth would require more gravity than the Moon in order to hold things down. With this said, the slower spinning Moon could sustain a thin atmosphere while having less gravity than Earth. FWIW, gravity on Earth is stronger at the poles than the equator. This fact supports my hypothesis about rotation and centrifugal force having an effect on gravity.

Also, the "far side" of the Moon (the 41% that never faces Earth) would have the most gravity simply because Earth's gravity might be magnifying it. It is a fact that Earth's gravitational pull on the Moon is so strong that the Moon is in tidal lock with the Earth. This could mean lesser gravity on the side that faces Earth; greater gravity on the side that never faces Earth.

If I were an ET, I would do most of my building on the side of the Moon that has the most gravity and the thickest atmosphere. My hypothesis is that the far side of the Moon is simply the most "life friendly" side. I don't think ET activity on the far side was done to "hide" from our view.

No. Just...no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal