Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 06:00 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,956,654 times

Advertisements

While i believe it to be certainly possible that alien civilizations did visit the earth, I have not seen any evidence to say, "yep, that's what happened." All evidence presented so far has been interpretations of ancient sculptures/drawings and conjecture concerning the building of certain monuments. Until I see something that definitively shows the interference of advanced alien civilizations, I prefer to remain of the opinion that the civilizations themselves built those monuments and the alien interpretations are interpretations based on what certain people want to see. Personally, I think the alien theories are not theories at all, but rather incredible conjecture that is a slap in the face to the ingenuity of the human species.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2011, 06:13 PM

7,076 posts, read 12,348,627 times
Isn't calling ancient man's gods "myths" a slap in the face too?

Old 09-29-2011, 06:19 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,138,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
The fact you can't prove they exist is the proof.
Damn you pesky logic!!!!

Old 09-29-2011, 06:25 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,956,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
You may be under the mistaken idea that I am an atheist...I'm not. However, I will concede that one cannot see the "Creator" that I believe in (not that I even know what it is). One can, however, see monuments and sculptures.

Last edited by Fullback32; 09-29-2011 at 07:30 PM..

Old 09-29-2011, 07:26 PM

3,483 posts, read 4,045,428 times
Ancient Astronauts help us when future generations dig up the debris of our civilization and determine that our main religion was the strange cult of McDonald's and it's churches were dotted across the land, with the strange double arches adorning each worship center. Food was also consumed as part of worship.

They'll find some sci-fi books and determine that they are stories of our culture, and how we came to be. They'll find pictures of Peta ladies with no clothing and wonder whether they were the sacred prostitutes of a rival vegan religion, against McDonald's.

Oh the fun they'll have!

Old 09-29-2011, 07:40 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
Isn't reducing them from gods to spacemen equally a face - slap too?

Old 09-29-2011, 07:48 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,926,647 times

Ancient Aliens Season 1 Episode 1(FULL) - YouTube

Old 09-29-2011, 07:55 PM

7,076 posts, read 12,348,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Isn't reducing them from gods to spacemen equally a face - slap too?
The argument is that ancient man did not have our technological reference in which to know the difference.

Old 09-29-2011, 10:22 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
So, let's boil down the fact that every single living organism that we've ever found on planet Earth is comprised of DNA. Are you saying that an alien spaceship flew at warp speed through the universe loaded with every single animal we now see - in a type of intergalactic Noah's Ark, and therefore evolution is untrue?
Evolution is fine, right to about 500,000 years ago and then it breaks down. Everything from that point on is totally contrary to the theory of evolution.

Quote:
Or, are you suggesting that aliens, in a kind of panspermia, dropped off the first living cell on planet Earth and let things evolve from there?
I would suggest that as a possibility, but I'm afraid that not one, but rather two Nobel Prize winning scientists, namely Watson and Crick who discovered DNA, already presented that as a theory.

Quote:
I'm really interested in what you have to say about DNA, why every living creature on Earth has it, and how it does not fit into the picture of evolution. I would also appreciate it if you could provide actual scientific documentation (the peer reviewed type) that DNA is somehow not consistent amongst the broad spectrum of life and that it somehow debunks evolution while supporting the alien mythos.
I'll just tell you the story of the two Nobel Prize winning scientists who discovered DNA and what they had to say instead.

Watson and Crick (who discovered DNA and studied it) both came to the same conclusion, that life did not originate on Earth. However, both men came to that conclusion for different reasons.

Watson reasoned that life began way too early on Earth. In other words, in order for life ot form when it did, it had to already be in an advanced state such as a protocellular or single-cellular organism. There were many other reasons, but that was the central thrust of his argument.

Crick concluded that life could not have originated on Earth because life contained metals and non-metallic minerals that exist on Earth only in trace amounts or which are inaccessible. Accordingly, Crick believed that life had to have originated on planet were those metals were in abundance in more than mere trace amounts or were readily accessible.

Nickel and iron would be both readily accessible and in fair abundance for life. Nickel and iron could be accessed in the ocean floor near vents where magma welled out.

However, molybdenum and zinc are problems. Molybdenum exist only trace amounts and zinc is inaccessible. There are also many non-metallic minerals that are inaccessible, because they are locked deep in the crust or deep in the mantle.

They presented two theories, General Panspermia and Directed Panspermia. Under General Panspermia, life could have come to Earth on a small meteor, perhaps from our Solar System, perhaps from another.

In Directed Panspermia, extra-terrestrials seeded Earth intentionally.

Do G-Class Stars support life? This one does. It surely does. Our own Sun is a G-Class Star. Within 50 Light Years of Earth there are more than 1,000 G-Class Stars.

Logic, reason and common sense dictate that if you want to search for extra-terrestrial life, then you need to be looking at G-Class Stars, since you already know for a fact that G-Class Stars can support life. To date, no one has bothered to do that.

An advanced civilization in a G-Class solar system could have sent probes to other G-Class solar systems. The probes would immediate look for the terrestrial planets and then assess which ones (if any) have the necessary atmosphere and water content to support life, then launch several drones to the surface, perhaps containing different types of life in the hopes that one will take root and flourish.

Quote:
Since you're not going to be able to provide any of that, then I have to ask why you made the statement in the first place. Are you just poisoning the well so as to make your opinion look better in your own mind? Or are you hoping to throw out a few red herrings in hopes that people who know the topics won't catch on?
I don't know how s/he would respond, but I'd tell you that human evolution is contrary to the theory itself. Humans completely defy evolution and evolve 3-4 times in the space of a few hundred thousand years. that's absurd.

Then there's the Neanderthal problem. Without a direct lineage, we're supposed to believe that Neanderthals and Homo Sapiens had parallel evolutions where they just happened to have a mutation that activates the FOXP2 gene so both have speech ability. That's extraordinary.

Then there's all the other hominids that they're afraid to classify, since that would make human evolution look really silly.

Human evolution works fine up to Homo Erectus. Still, some people are fascinated by the fact that Sumerian cosmogony puts the "creation of man" right at the exact time Neanderthals and Homo Sapiens appear.

Quote:
The fact of the matter is that even if you come up with some elaborate decorum of fanciful twists and turns of history, you still have to explain by what process the aliens came from. Were they too the product of some alien panspermia? And, if so, where did those aliens come from? Considering the Earth is about 4.5 billion years old, life on Earth is 3.5 billion years old, and the universe is about 14.5 billion years old, my guess is you're eventually going to run out of time by saying that aliens just kept producing more aliens.
The universe is at least 14.5 Billion years old. It could be 40 Billion years old for all we know.

I would suggest the answer lies with G-Class Stars. Not only are G-Class Stars capable of supporting life, but they also have the necessary set of conditions/pre-conditions to create life.

Why do the Big Brains refuse to crank the Hubble around and start staring at G-Class Stars? I don't know, you'll have to ask them. I suppose they find black holes and quasars and neutron stars and Blue Giants much more interesting, perhaps because if a cataclysmic event should arise that would destroy life on Earth, we can all go live on a black hole or neutron star, or maybe they are shaking with fear at what they might find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
No we have not and some intend to keep it that way. I've heard rubblings/rumors over the years about archaeological finds being hidden or purposely destroyed in order to maintain the status quo.
You mean stuff like this:

Yeah, that just makes them shake and tremble with fear. Fastest way to clear out a room full of archaeologists and anthropologists is to show them this. They'll be moving like their ass is on fire and their hair's a-catching.

This is archaeological taboo. Not allowed to discuss. If you ignore it, it will go away and everything will be peachy.

That's the Cosmic Egg, flanked by the Sun (left) and Moon (right). The 5 "stars" at the top arranged in a cross are Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto. The 4 "stars" at the bottom in a cross-of-different-sorts is Mercury, Venus, Earth and Mars.

That single "star" that looks like it is orbiting the Cosmic Egg, that's the Planet of Millions of Years, aka the 12th Planet or Nibiru as the Sumerians called it.

So, um, if the Sumerians ceased to exist by 2100 BCE and no one had contact with Meso-America until the Spaniards arrived, then how on Earth could the Incas possibly know how the Sumerians viewed our Solar System?

And why would the Incas use the number 7 to refer to Earth just like the Sumerians did?

And why would anyone in the right mind refer to Earth as "7" when it is clearly the 3rd Planet from the Sun?

Well, the 3rd Planet is an incredibly Earth-centric viewpoint. Someone not from this Solar System would see Pluto as the 1st Planet, Neptune as the 2nd Planet, Uranus as the 3rd Planet, Saturn as the 4th Planet, Jupiter as the 5th Planet, Mars as the 6th Planet (and then always consistently depict Mars as a 6-pointed star), Earth as the 7th Planet, and finally Venus as the 8th Planet (and then rather astonishingly, always depict Venus as an 8-pointed star).

Such the are mysteries of life.

Old 09-29-2011, 11:17 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Ancient Astronauts...opinion

Some where cool others were not. Personally I liked Scott Carpenter
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal