Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 02:39 PM

1,922 posts, read 3,985,053 times

Advertisements

I have been to three psychics on three different ocassions. I always go back because for some reason I just want to confirm what the last one said.

I went once in August 2011, December 2011 and June 2012.

They always tell me the same thing.

Could there necessarily be some truth to this?

I usually do a palm reading.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2012, 02:50 PM

3,184 posts, read 4,845,493 times
Is this "thing" they are telling you something that could:

1. Easily apply to the majority of the demographic that is predisposed to visiting these psychics?
2. Be easily read and picked out of any info you give them, superliminally or otherwise?
3. Elicit a larger tip or compensation of some sort from you, the customer?

Old 07-02-2012, 02:57 PM

1,922 posts, read 3,985,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfunkle524 View Post
Is this "thing" they are telling you something that could:

1. Easily apply to the majority of the demographic that is predisposed to visiting these psychics?
2. Be easily read and picked out of any info you give them, superliminally or otherwise?
3. Elicit a larger tip or compensation of some sort from you, the customer?
I don't think so.

One thing they all tell me is that I will have 3 children.

I always wonder if its in my hand or something...

Old 07-03-2012, 06:39 PM

24,098 posts, read 32,448,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
I have been to three psychics on three different ocassions. I always go back because for some reason I just want to confirm what the last one said.

I went once in August 2011, December 2011 and June 2012.

They always tell me the same thing.

Could there necessarily be some truth to this?

I usually do a palm reading.
It's not necessarily the truth, but it could be. You say these psychics were palm readers. Where did you find these three psychics?

Is what they told you generally positive or negative?

I have a sort of rule that I abide by. First I don't visit random psychics. I'm picky.

BUT even then, I don't take what they say as the complete truth and I still believe that I ultimately control what happens in my life.

Several psychics have told me that I'm going to pass at an old age as a happy woman. The age is always the same and I like this prediction, so I believe it.

If I hear anything very negative from a psychic, I will honestly terminate the session. I don't think it's responsible to tell people scary things. And honestly, I don't want to pay money to hear them.

Now that I'm more cautious about the psychics I see, I don't get disturbing readings.

There is no magic or absolute number of times one can be told something by psychics that makes what they say "true".

Old 07-03-2012, 07:22 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,670,168 times
Palm readers are not always psychic.
There are specific parts and lines in the hand that have specific meanings.
If they read your palm to give you this info, I would say that you got read by three well studied palm readers.
If one of the three said you would have 1 or 2 children, they probably are poorly trained.
If they all got the info through different means, say one palm and two psychic, then it's likely that you are 'destine' to the things they say, but that does not mean it will happen.
They say 3 children, but you end up with two, but the other is lost somehow, before or right after birth.
I have had my palm read twice and one person phrased it as 'you will be married 5 times'....at that time I could only count 4. The idea that I would find love again was nice. The second reader phrased it 'you are in your 5th major relationship, and the last one.
Before I had had my palm read by anyone, I had already said to myself that I enjoyed the single life and I would only try one more time with someone worthy and if it did not work or we grew apart at some point, I'm done. I'll spend the last part of my life doing my thing on my own and I would be content with that.

Old 07-03-2012, 08:00 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,875,482 times
I am a 3rd generation psychic, but I don't read palms, or do tarot cards. It just comes to me...my grandmother used to read tea leaves. My kids all have the ability as well....but I agree with owl.

Old 07-03-2012, 09:56 PM

19,697 posts, read 20,229,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
There are specific parts and lines in the hand that have specific meanings.
If they read your palm to give you this info, I would say that you got read by three well studied palm readers.
Yeah, I'm no pro, but I'm pretty sure it's the number of lines on the outside of your pinky finger which supposedly determines how many children you'll have.

Old 07-04-2012, 08:12 AM

1,959 posts, read 3,100,806 times
The hand is supposed to indicate the # of children you will have. My hand indicates 2. Well, I'm 61 yrs old and haven't had one! So there you go. The problem with believing psychics about this sort of thing is you tend to make your own future based on their 'predictions' only to validate your belief in them. Be careful about that. And besides, it costs about $300,000 to raise one child. Can you afford three of them!

Old 07-05-2012, 12:56 PM

24,098 posts, read 32,448,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Yeah, I'm no pro, but I'm pretty sure it's the number of lines on the outside of your pinky finger which supposedly determines how many children you'll have.
It is. I do not use palmistry myself when I give readings, but I can't say that it has no merit as a tool for divination.

The palm - child count thing seems to work with reference to biological children.

Old 07-06-2012, 08:34 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,037,872 times
^ Do fortune tellers actually predict how long you'll live, sheena? Or psychics in general, rather. I always figured they probably wouldn't tell too many people they were going to die in a car crash in like a week or something - not to mention it'd be obvious if it didn't happen...although if they didn't like the person, for some reason, they might do it just to screw with them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal