Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 02:48 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,670,168 times

Advertisements

dpj1111-
First thing, emotional turmoil can 'help' these entities choose a target, but turmoil is not required. What entities really feed on is fear. So the second thing is to get your daughter strengthened against what ever is doing this. She needs to feel empowered and have no fear of them. It's the same logic when faced with a playground bully- ignore them and they go away- but these things are a bit more persistent once they have a target.
A cleansing of your home done with your daughter can help her feel empowered over them.
Start with a sage smudge- can be ordered online or found in a new age shop if there is one in your area. You will want to carry some sort of 'catcher' under the sage so the ambers don't fall on the floor- use fire smarts here. Start in the upper (if you have an upstairs) northern corner of your home. Make sure all doors to closets, laundry, pantry, garage, every single area is open. When you sage the room, use a fan or a feather and gently wave at the smoke so it is pushed into every corner and go in a counter-clockwise direction in the room, and as you make your way around the house. (Have a lighter handy, some sage sticks will go out, or blow on it gently to keep it going). You can say what ever prayer you like, call to angels, god/jesus, the creator- does not matter. Once that is done sprinkle just a little salt on all the window sills and the threshold of all exterior doors- don't forget the car garage door if you have one. All entrances and exits should be given a salt barrier- except the front door, you will do that later. Once that is done, get a broom, and just like the sage, sweep each room (counter clockwise), don't stop when going from room to room, keep sweeping and sweep everything all the way to the front door and out the door. Now you can give the front door a salt barrier, which you can place outside of the door. While you sweep tell that entity to go, get out, tell them they are not welcome, and anything else to drive that point into thier 'head'.
Be strong and sure about what you are saying, have your daughter with you, or have her help.
Good luck! I have used this before and it worked, but the entity I had to deal with was not as 'pushy' as the one you have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2013, 05:10 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,046,139 times
I have NEVER experienced anything paranormal - so I don't believe in it.

Old 08-03-2013, 03:02 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,939,418 times
I have a hard time with the term "supernatural" ... it means phenomena that are above and beyond the created order, and in most religion that means God or gods, the Uncreated; everything else that exists (or might exist), angels, demons, human beings, elementals, whatever are created beings and hence part of nature. For the Uncreated, the attribute "exists" doesn't really make any sense, since there's no possibility of the Uncreated not existing. Paranormal's probably a better term, since it means beyond the realm of what is currently explainable from a scientific perspective. If those of us who have had paranormal experiences are to be believed, there are aspects of these experiences ... cold spots, poltergeist phenomena ... that indicate whatever's going on can interact with the physical world in some way.

I can't claim to be in the club that has never had what one might call paranormal experiences ... I've had plenty of them over my life. My experiences fall into these categories:

* What Jung called synchronicity - meaningful coincidences, some of them very powerful
* Precognition surrounding phone calls, the death of my father, and the death of JFK
* Strangers who seemed to read my mind and tell me precisely what I needed to hear at a point in time
* So-called residual haunting activities - sights and sounds that seemed to be from another time
* Bizarre activity that seemed to be coming from something inhuman, that didn't wish us well

Here's my opinion on what this is all about: I think we know little about the nature of consciousness, and the interconnectedness of our consciousness with each other, the world, and events. I suspect we're all connected at a deep level that spans great distances ... and possibly even time. That alone would explain all but the last bullet above. Is this supernatural? No, it's an important aspect of physical reality that we don't understand yet ... whether we'll ever understand it remains to be seen.

The last bullet is more problematic ... I can tell you this: when I have experienced this sort of thing in the past (in two different houses I lived in), it's seemed to me that whatever was causing these experiences was not human, though it might mimic humans for its own purposes, and did not wish us well. Could it have been shared hallucinations or misinterpretation of events, magnified by the expectations or fears of those present? Or my rewriting my memories of the events to fit my expectations? Maybe. So I suppose I'd put myself in the camp "had plenty of experiences, still possess a healthy skepticism about them".

A story about the paranormal that's probably relevant: I'm Eastern Orthodox, and my former priest was stationed at a parish when an icon that became famous locally in the news started weeping copious amounts of "myrrh" (fragrant fluid). He said he examined the icon closely for any sign of faking, including looking for pockets of oil under the surface (a technique sometimes used in the past to fake a weeping icon). He found nothing, but the icon kept weeping and people I know who saw it said they could watch the "tears" forming and rolling down the face of the Mother of God.

At our church, one day someone came to me after Liturgy and told me an icon in the back of the church was weeping. I went back and sure enough, there appeared to be oily tears rolling down its surface. I told our priest, and he was not happy about it ... having a weeping icon in a parish attracts reporters and pilgrims, and we were ill-prepared for that kind of onslaught. Turns out one of the acolytes was blowing out the oil lamps in front of the icons and blew a little too hard ... blowing oil onto the surface of the icon.

It's always good to maintain a healthy skepticism about things that seem paranormal or strange ... sometimes oil running down the face of an icon is just oil; sometimes a creaking noise from the attic is just an old building settling.

Old 08-03-2013, 11:55 PM

88,527 posts, read 84,719,546 times
^* What Jung called synchronicity - meaningful coincidences, some of them very powerful

I pay attention to that.

Old 08-04-2013, 09:29 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,378,548 times
I have never experienced anything paranormal.

Old 08-04-2013, 12:43 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,549,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpj1111 View Post
I have a question for all of you:
My 14 year old daughter has been 'haunted' by an invisible entity for the last 3 months. I KNOW HOW THIS SOUNDS....CRAZY, RIGHT? BUT THIS IS TRULY HAPPENING. She has been grabbed from a chair and slammed into the deck on the patio. That little episode left 3 long bruises on her back as if from a hand. She is experiencing something breathing on the back of her thigh...usually when she is just out of shower and she tells me it's only on one leg. She hears a LOT of whispering when she's alone, as well. She told me that it's a group of voices and they know her name because they call to her. She has been through a lot and I'm just wondering if these 'things' are attracted to her because she's a teenage girl. I've been told that spirits are for whatever reason, drawn to the emotional turmoil of a teenage girl. One psychic told me that this sounds like a classic poltergeist scenario and should stop once she reaches adulthood. I do NOT want her to have to endure another day of this crap....much less another 5 years!!!!
ANYONE with a REAL answer is welcome to reply. PLEASE no smart-asses. I have enough to deal with and I really only want to help the little girl who means more to me than my own life. So, any REAL answers out there????
On the plus side my understanding is poltergeist activity doesn't normally last for years.

It can be associated with psychokinesis in teens and women going through hormonal changes, not the same as true poltergeist spirit activity.

I recommend Owlkamyst's post.

Old 08-05-2013, 12:50 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,927,798 times
Never have, nor do I believe in any of it, at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal