Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 06:09 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,198,598 times

Advertisements

This is about the third time this has happened, been curled up in bed (alone) lights, TV off still awake and I feel the mattress gently pushed down next to my hips.

I felt the pushes three times, all the same gentle pushes.

Don't know why but I know it was my departed mother...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2012, 10:40 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,224,257 times
Maybe she's just dropping by to check on you and to let you know that she's "there" for you.

Old 12-26-2012, 12:55 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times
I get that a lot as well. I assume it's my kitties that have crossed over. A little while ago, I felt someone tap me on the head lightly. And I'm the only one in the room.

Old 12-26-2012, 02:38 PM

620 posts, read 1,746,883 times
I had an apt. where I could feel the mattress being pushed up (slightly) from beneath the bed. On several occasions where it was more pronounced I actually got up and looked under the bed - there was nothing there.

Old 12-27-2012, 11:25 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,673,454 times
If you sense that it's your mother, have you ever talked to her? Next time you feel like she is around, start talking and see what happens. You may not get anything or notice anything at first, especially if you are anticipating a specific something. But eventually an open line of communication can evolve.

Old 12-27-2012, 11:42 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Op I had this happen 8 or 7 yrs ago. I felt the end of the bed go down. Also my son at the time was a young toddler, he would point and say who's that?
My father died in 1999. I think he was checking on us.

I heard young children can see ghost until the age of 6.

Old 12-27-2012, 01:14 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,198,598 times
I wonder how we would develop if we didn't have main stream society always scoffing at the idea of an afterworld or another plane of existence after we pass on... Would we develop different pathways in the brain? Develop different talents?

With the way I felt after feeling those gentle nudges on my mattress I am positive it was my mother as if she were saying "everything's ok"

Old 12-27-2012, 01:48 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,673,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
I wonder how we would develop if we didn't have main stream society always scoffing at the idea of an afterworld or another plane of existence after we pass on... Would we develop different pathways in the brain? Develop different talents?

With the way I felt after feeling those gentle nudges on my mattress I am positive it was my mother as if she were saying "everything's ok"
Indeed we would develop different pathways. The metaphor of 'wired that way' is more truth than metaphor.
There is also a study that connects the pineal gland and fluorite. The pineal gland begins to harden around puberty, but fluoride (in our water and toothpaste) will start the calcification early.

Old 12-28-2012, 01:46 PM

88,586 posts, read 84,795,337 times
My brother died on February 24, 2006. On that date, or on his birthday, different family members sometimes experience flickering lights. (My brother was an electrician.) Even weirder, on the first of what would have been his birthday after his death, my daughter and I were shopping in a town that had parking meters. We went to the meter for the space where we put our car to put the money in, and it was flashing with LED letters, DEAD DEAD DEAD. I thought "what a weird thing for the meter to say when the time has run out. We put money in, and it registered, and started walking, but we looked at the other meters and none of them that were out of time said DEAD nor were they flashing. This would have been my brother's sense of humor.

Last week one night, and again on Christmas Eve, my niece, my dead brother's daughter, woke up in the night because she felt someone push her shoulder. Her boyfriend was sleeping next to her, facing the other way. Both times the clock read "2:24". She got up the second time to go to the kitchen and get something to drink, and before she got into the kitchen, the light turned itself on and then off again.

My brother lived with my mother before he died, and she has felt someone hit her foot every so often when she's sitting in her chair reading.

Old 12-30-2012, 09:46 PM

406 posts, read 1,039,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
This is about the third time this has happened, been curled up in bed (alone) lights, TV off still awake and I feel the mattress gently pushed down next to my hips.

I felt the pushes three times, all the same gentle pushes.

Don't know why but I know it was my departed mother...
This is a common misconception people have. That was a ghost that looked like your mother, it was not your mother. When you see her again, don't panic or show fear. Just act like nothing is happening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal