Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2013, 07:54 PM

1,473 posts, read 3,573,561 times

Advertisements

It mystifies me why, seemingly, unbelievers feel so strongly about faith and especially Christian faith. What possible difference does it make to them if others believe in life after death? Or believe in the validity of scripture? Or believe in the supernatural?

People are so desirous of making themselves into their own gods and oh my how disappointing that turns out.

As a believer, a Christian one, I never pretend to understand all that is in the scriptures especially when it comes to the miraculous. I am willing to say calmly, "I don't know or I don't have all the answers". It is indeed a spiritual journey. I am also enough of a Calvinist to believe that God chooses/elects those whom He would save (a Bible word). For those who do not believe, or cannot, or will not, then the "proof" lies beyond the grave--or not. I believe it does.

Old 01-31-2013, 08:08 PM

588 posts, read 796,670 times
The light fades and it's game over... just like the feeling we all had before we were born.

Old 01-31-2013, 08:27 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,450,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie1946 View Post
It mystifies me why, seemingly, unbelievers feel so strongly about faith and especially Christian faith. What possible difference does it make to them if others believe in life after death? Or believe in the validity of scripture? Or believe in the supernatural?

People are so desirous of making themselves into their own gods and oh my how disappointing that turns out.
Actually non-Christian believers are bored with your beliefs. If they grew up in the US then that belief was shoved down their throat. Many are fed up with having to listen to it over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

I don't care what Christians believe but boy they sure think it is their duty to let us all know...ad nauseam.

Point is we get what you believe. However there is absolutely nothing remotely Mysterious or Paranormal about it.

Why do you think this question was asked on the Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal forum vs. the Religous forum?

Old 01-31-2013, 09:29 PM

8,559 posts, read 10,984,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Data1000 View Post
The light fades and it's game over... just like the feeling we all had before we were born.

This is true, when referring to the human body, but not the spirit.
The human brain, upon death of the body, no longer functions so, you are correct as it applies to the human body, but life, not our physical life we knew, continues on.
The most natural question for any one who does not believe this, would ask, how do you know this to be true? and what proof do you have to back up what you contend?
My answer lies in my own experiences, and experiments over the years.

I have witnessed physical events that could have only originated from something beyond out earthly bounds, and having been involved in EVP for over twenty years, I know for a fact our spirit disembarks from our body upon death, and returns to what we commonly refer to as the other side.
I have stated many times on this forum, that for those of you who remain skeptical, there is something you can do to make you think differently, and that is to get involved with EVP.
It is not expensive in terms of dollars you would need to spend in equipment, but time is the greater effort to be successful at it.
I have suggested many times for those who know nothing about EVP, to google the name Sarah Estep.
She was a pioneer in the field, and appeared on numerous documentaries, including the tv show Sightings, where she has done EVP experiments on camera.
I never met Sarah personally, but we did talk on the phone a few times discussing EVP.
She is responsible for my getting involved in it way back when.
I could relate to you things that would make your hair stand up on end, but that would take creating a ultra huge posting.
I usually tell folks to believe what they want, and as for me, my belief are based on actual experience, so I know where of I speak.
Bob.

Old 01-31-2013, 11:44 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Data1000 View Post
Do you recall how you felt before you were born?

Old 02-01-2013, 01:21 AM

1,627 posts, read 3,218,353 times
Well, the spiritual side of me wants to believe a theory we keep coming back until we get it. However; my grandfather always said, "once you are dead you are dead" and so I said to my grandfather, okay, I believe in reincarnation and my grandfather and I made a bet that if he could come back from his death and notify me through his spirit, he would do that. Houdini, never came back my grandfather would exclaim.
My grandfather never contacted me, nor anyone of my loved ones. I believe once you are dead you are dead. I believe no one wants to come to this reality, death is a touchy subject very few want to die. It makes you feel good when you say you are reincarnated, or your spirit lives on, where does it live onto? Reincarnated? if that were the truth, why do we have no account of our past lives?

Old 02-01-2013, 02:55 AM

8,559 posts, read 10,984,238 times
The human brain is not equipped to remember past lives, only the spirit is.
Once in a while someone will claim they had a glimpse of a previous life, and perhaps that may be so to them, but in reality it was the spirit within them that had that look at a previous life, not the person themselves.
Every action and thought we as humans have, is the result of the spirit within each of us.
We humans are not capable of thought, or action on our own.
As I have said in many other post, we are nothing but a tool for the spirits to use as they wish, and any action or thought we think we have is not human inspired, but is the spirit within.
We are nothing more than "clothing" to the spirit that resides within each of us.
I could go into a whole spiel as to why this is, but it is very late, and I need to get some sleep.
Bob.

Old 02-01-2013, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
We humans are not capable of thought, or action on our own.

Not at all true my dear.

Old 02-01-2013, 03:37 AM

9,008 posts, read 13,844,162 times
I believe we go back to the ground;our thoughts do perish.
Its like before we were born,we didn't exist,and don't remember anything before that date(or up until 3 eyars of age?

BUT.....
If you are God's memory,then he resurects you. Also,those who weren't able to chose..like people who died as children,for eample.
You get ressurected to Earth.

Angels are competely different beings,so I don't know how a person could become an angel.
The ancient Jews believed the same thing I do. Since humans are made like Adam,and since never lived nor were made in heaven,I'm not sure why most believe people who died go to heaven.
Doesn't the bible also say"the sinning soul,it itself will die?"

Spirit refers to God's breath. When the breath leaves the body(death) all funtions stop. That's the life giving spirit leaving the body.

Old 02-01-2013, 04:05 AM

9,008 posts, read 13,844,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by =^..^= View Post
If you read my post, you re indeed enlightened.

The TRUTH doesn't denigrate the bible. There is no physical irrefutable scientific evidence at all. The latest I read was the lack of evidence for the Hebrews wandering in the desert all those years. Not a campfire, or a sandal or a broken bowl.... nothing. An afterlife was a promise with an agenda. No one but the mentally ill WANT to die. Promising an afterlife in a paradise situation was very appealing to the masses. You have to remember that except for the few wealthy citizens back then, life was hard and short. Brutal in many cases.

They will remain so until irrefutable evidence is provided. So far, that has not happened. The unconvinced become convinced when proof is provided.

And that's why it should be taken with a grain of salt. Especially the taking donkey story and the staff turning into a snake and crawling off. The Adam and Eve and flood story etc.

All religions make that claim about their holy writings. That is not scientific evidence. Do you know what "scientific evidence"means? There is no benefit to man of a afterlife and no real scientific evidence of such though man has been looking for evidence for ages.

And many very brilliant men and women over the centuries were of a more scientific and open mind, and looked.... and found evidence that all life evolved on this planet......... and they have the irrefutable scientific evidence as proof. They found no evidence of any Gods or demons or afterlife. Remember where an afterlife is concerned, the christian bible claims all who die lay in their tombs awaiting the resurrection. They are not in heaven or hell.

Have you read your bible? As for an afterlife see:

ecclesiastes-91-12
For the living know they will die; but the dead do not know anything, nor have ...
Omg,you are right,and that's where most Christians are wrong.
The bible never said humans go to heaven. If that was the case,why was Adam made on earth?
The bible itself says the dead know nothing at all.
I don't get how someone can read that and then state there is an afterlife?
What purpose is it to ressurect someone like Moses back to earth,if he is already in heaven(which is pleasant)?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal