Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2013, 12:01 PM

8,827 posts, read 7,331,150 times

Advertisements

I think one life's enough..I would not want to live forever. Cruel as it sounds, you've had your chance, if you ruin it, tough..

Old 02-03-2013, 12:55 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,451,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Data1000 View Post
I don't recall a single thing about not existing.
That is exactly what I was alluding to when you claimed so in this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Data1000 View Post
The light fades and it's game over... just like the feeling we all had before we were born.

Old 02-03-2013, 01:55 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
Quote:
Originally Posted by =^..^= View Post
A religious concept again?
Did you read that post? It was barely readable since they failed to string together sentences with proper grammar and writing skills. That response clearly told me they did not get what I had written.

It was also clear that they had no understanding what I was talking about. They mistook Ego for Evolution!

Too people don't get genetics and evolutionary concepts...but I understand that not everyone studied science in college or can even grasp science

Old 02-03-2013, 02:04 PM

Quote:
That has nothing to do with what happens after a person dies.

Why wouldn't they? Death is the same for man and beast alike.
We will agree to disagree on this one.

Quote:
Reincarnation makes no sense at all. Like Christianity, it's a concept created by man who has a great deal of trouble accepting the inevitability and finality of his or her own DEATH.
It makes no sense to you but it makes perfect sense to me

The one thing that I think you really don't understand about reincarnation when you continue to claim that those who believe in it do so because they have trouble accepting the inevitability and finality of their death. That is absolutely not true. That is the ultimate goal of reincarnation.

That is the main focus of reincarnation... to stop our re-birth back to planet earth. I have no issues with my last day on planet earth...I look forward to it. Most who believe in it are looking to cease their cycle of human existence.

To be honest with you if I am wrong about what happens to me when I die...then so be it I am also ok with that. It has no bearing on whether or not I believe in reincarnation. It has no impact on my spiritual journey in this lifetime. I am on a spiritual journey because I enjoy it and I like the benefits of it not because I fear the cycle of re-birth back to Planet Earth. But hey if I come back here then I come back that much more awake each time I cycle back.

People who believe in reincarnation practice things such as yoga, meditation, healthy eating, cultivation of inner peace and kindness, expanding inner awareness and consciousness. We do it because it feels wonderful and it is a very good way to connect with your soul. We don't do it with the mind thought of "if I don't do this I will reincarnate back to planet earth!" That is silly. I wish everyone on this planet would engage in spiritual (not religious) practices...it would make for a much healthier planet of humans. Boy that was some wishful thinking

You need to keep in mind for those who believe in reincarnation that their ultimate goal is to stop the cycle of re-birth so that our soul can exist in the higher realms. Existing as a human on Planet Earth is not a higher realm for souls. We come here to evolve.

Old 02-03-2013, 04:37 PM

25,775 posts, read 18,834,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
We will agree to disagree on this one.

It makes no sense to you but it makes perfect sense to me

The one thing that I think you really don't understand about reincarnation when you continue to claim that those who believe in it do so because they have trouble accepting the inevitability and finality of their death. That is absolutely not true. That is the ultimate goal of reincarnation.

That is the main focus of reincarnation... to stop our re-birth back to planet earth. I have no issues with my last day on planet earth...I look forward to it. Most who believe in it are looking to cease their cycle of human existence.

To be honest with you if I am wrong about what happens to me when I die...then so be it I am also ok with that. It has no bearing on whether or not I believe in reincarnation. It has no impact on my spiritual journey in this lifetime. I am on a spiritual journey because I enjoy it and I like the benefits of it not because I fear the cycle of re-birth back to Planet Earth. But hey if I come back here then I come back that much more awake each time I cycle back.

People who believe in reincarnation practice things such as yoga, meditation, healthy eating, cultivation of inner peace and kindness, expanding inner awareness and consciousness. We do it because it feels wonderful and it is a very good way to connect with your soul. We don't do it with the mind thought of "if I don't do this I will reincarnate back to planet earth!" That is silly. I wish everyone on this planet would engage in spiritual (not religious) practices...it would make for a much healthier planet of humans. Boy that was some wishful thinking

You need to keep in mind for those who believe in reincarnation that their ultimate goal is to stop the cycle of re-birth so that our soul can exist in the higher realms. Existing as a human on Planet Earth is not a higher realm for souls. We come here to evolve.
I'm sure we disagree on many of the particulars of spirituality, religion, and the nature of our "reality" in this existence compared to all-encompassing reality. But I can tell by your posts that you have thought long and hard about your existence. I applaud you for doing so. I can also tell by your words that your mind is not closed. Again, I applaud you for that. Too many people in this "reality" chose a king, and once that king is chosen, cease to think, inquire, and grow. Worse yet, the mind is shuttered. Once the mind is shuttered, most of the great social/political/religious tragedies of our species' history is ultimately the result.

Old 02-03-2013, 07:36 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,824,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I think this will be an interesting thread.
What are your thoughts about what happens to us, and do we continue on to some other realm once we die?
Now remember, not all views and opinions will agree with your's, so no arguments please.
If you don't agree with a particular view,if you need too, say so in a nice way.
If you are of a particular belief, and have something to add that could back up your belief, I am sure we would like to know about it.
Bob.
I'd be a liar if I claimed to know what happens but I imagine (more like hope) that we wake up in the real world and finally realize our entire lives happened in a "fake world" or simulation of some sort.

Old 02-03-2013, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
I'd be a liar if I claimed to know what happens but I imagine (more like hope) that we wake up in the real world and finally realize our entire lives happened in a "fake world" or simulation of some sort.
An interesting thought. And with the technology we now possess, I don't see why we couldn't conjecture that if we are something "outside of ourselves," that something would be far more technologically advanced and easily capable of simulating what we are now experiencing.

We are nearly capable right now of living as another being within a virtual universe. If our technology continues to progress, there will soon be a day that I could enter a "virtual reality" chamber (or lab, or whatever) and be anyone I wish, woman, man, old, young, (or probably any sort of odd creature if desired) and that reality would seem just as real as "regular life." It is getting close.

Wouldn't it be a shock for about 99% of our species if we find that what we now experience is not reality in a universal sense? We spend so much time trying to categorize, understand, discover our rock solid "reality" here through science, philosophy, religion, etc. What if none of it were real? I would be profoundly amused if it were all a dream/subset-of-reality/simulation because I have no preconception that I'm willing to declare concerning the nature of our existence or of our universe or of space/time the way we perceive it.

Regardless, it's certainly an intriguing notion to think about.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:23 PM

8,564 posts, read 10,987,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
And where do you think this "real world" exist?
Bob.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
And where do you think this "real world" exist?
Bob.
Where is the real world when you dream at night? Nowhere to be found within that dream.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I'm sure we disagree on many of the particulars of spirituality, religion, and the nature of our "reality" in this existence compared to all-encompassing reality. But I can tell by your posts that you have thought long and hard about your existence. I applaud you for doing so. I can also tell by your words that your mind is not closed. Again, I applaud you for that. Too many people in this "reality" chose a king, and once that king is chosen, cease to think, inquire, and grow. Worse yet, the mind is shuttered. Once the mind is shuttered, most of the great social/political/religious tragedies of our species' history is ultimately the result.
Thank you for your kind and gracious words

I am not so sure that we would disagree on many of the particulars that you have mentioned.
However in your response to Chango I would like to add to all of those who believe that where we are now is total reality.

Keep in mind folks who understand science...that humans can only see in 3D. The Universe is made up of infinite dimensions. Humans can only perceive a tiny fraction of the electromagnetic spectrum with our eyes and only a tiny fraction of sound frequencies with our ears. But keep in mind that outside of our very limited perceptions the fullness of reality is beyond our comprehension with our limited traits as humans.

Humans have a very limited perception of our Universe including our existence on this planet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal