Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 12:09 AM

24,422 posts, read 23,084,509 times

Advertisements

My elderly neighbor has a doll collection. I've joked to her that they creep me out and whenever I go over there I always find myself looking at them expecting to see one move or turn and look at me. I'd be out the door in a second if that happened.
I've taken my dog with me enough to say they're okay. She's shown some ability to perceive spirtits, IMO. My take on it is this. You have children who are said to be able to see spirits more clearly than adults. They have a toy they love and assign it a personality. If a spirit would attach itself to that toy, it would get energy and love from a child. Maybe it would stay, hoping for more energy from another child. Or maybe a childs spirit or even an adults whos passed on would be attached to they're favorite doll.
That and they're just creepy.
We had a local doll/toy museum which has since closed and sold off its collection that had a doll in a vault. The owner said that weird things would happen when it was on display so they just locked it away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2013, 05:08 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,093,125 times
I remember once on Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations there was a clip where they went to this Island that was decorated with macarbe dolls. While that is one of my favorite shows, travel and food, two of my favorite things, even Anthony was creeped out.
Island of the dolls in Mexico : theCHIVE

The Island of the Dolls in Mexico | Oddity Central - Collecting Oddities

And Honestly, I can see why.

Old 05-27-2013, 06:17 PM

1,714 posts, read 3,854,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
I would never buy anything that I knew to be haunted. I once read about a family that bought a used bunkbed set. As soon as they got that thing into their home all sort of strange things began happening and the family was very frightened. They narrowed it down to the bunkbed and got rid of it.
When I was a kid, my dad (an apartment manager) once found this nice dresser among other things left behind by a former tenant. He took the dresser back home and put it in his bedroom.

For a few nights straight after that, my mom started having sleep paralysis, so he told my dad to get rid of the dresser. He complied, and she stopped having sleep paralysis.

It basically taught me to never buy used furniture, old jewelry, and antique stuff. I don't want to bring home any negative energy that may tag along with the items.

Old 01-27-2014, 09:23 AM

1 posts, read 1,345 times
Default Need help!!!!

Hi,I bought this doll off Ebay and the women who was selling the doll had a pic on her listing which showed large ORBS shooting from this doll...would anyone beable to tell me if this pic is legit,I can send it to you...
Please help?
Tammy

Old 01-27-2014, 09:26 AM

2,966 posts, read 5,220,854 times
I have seen these on ebay and some of the add descriptions list some pretty deviant sexual behavior that these dolls supposedly partake in.

I would be more afraid of the weirdos buying them, than I would be of the fake dolls.

Old 01-27-2014, 09:33 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,677,517 times
Orbs in photos are usually just dust or lense flair.
But I will look at the picture.
If they are orbs, nothing to worry about.

Old 01-30-2014, 01:38 AM

754 posts, read 1,018,946 times
It's prob because of conjuring

Old 01-30-2014, 06:31 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,995,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally_Sparrow View Post
The ebay "haunted" thing has been going on for a long long long time, nothing new. I don't know if they've put a ban on it, I don't now why they would, but yeah it's been around as long as I can remember (and I've been selling on eBay since 1998).

It's part of their shutting down scam auctions.

Old 01-30-2014, 07:02 PM

50 posts, read 58,403 times
I sure as hell would never buy a haunted house, anyone who does is plain crazy.

Old 01-31-2014, 09:12 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,956,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally_Sparrow View Post
The ebay "haunted" thing has been going on for a long long long time, nothing new. I don't know if they've put a ban on it, I don't now why they would, but yeah it's been around as long as I can remember (and I've been selling on eBay since 1998).
I've been on eBay forever, too & have seen all kinds of things sold on there as "haunted".

We were in Key West about 15 years ago & went to see the "Robert" doll at the museum. We really could see his expression change when you looked at him/spoke to him. Nothing evil--just a little sad or forlorn. http://www.robertthedoll.org

Last edited by hellpaso; 01-31-2014 at 09:14 PM.. Reason: Added link to Robert's website
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal