Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 01:22 PM

366 posts, read 645,269 times

Advertisements

I want to see what type of real incidences have happened to people. Paranormal, ghosts etc. Share some stories. Ill start with mine.

When I was about 13 years old, I was doing homework in the living room of our house, late at night. My parents bedroom connected to the living room and my father was sleeping while my mother was up reading a book. My father was known to snore, so when I heard a very loud, angry growling sound, I asked my mother if that was my dad.

She immediately became panicked and said no I thought it was you!! As I turned around I looked under the dining room table and saw a black figure, as tall as a small dog, completely black with reddish eyes and only an outline of form. It resembled the figures from the movie " GHOST" that came from the shadows and took bad people away.

As me and the figure made eye contact, it hissed at me, and faded into the shadows. Its been 20 years since this happened and I've never seen anything else. By now I would have attributed this to an over active child's imagination, but the fact that my mother heard it, while I saw it, confirms to me that it really did happen and that whatever it was was not from this earth. All this lasted under 20 seconds but it has crossed my mind many times in my years of life. To know that there is something else out there and to have seen it , makes you question what is going on in the world, life etc.

Last edited by adanescobar; 06-14-2013 at 01:25 PM.. Reason: misspellings
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2013, 03:23 PM

621 posts, read 1,615,912 times
I was living at home, i think i was about 17 at the time. I loved to read at night before bed, so it was late, about 2:30 am. My bedroom was near the front door. I heard what i thought was my dad walk down the hall, open the front door, open the very noisy screen door, walk out under my bedroom window to the car, open and close the car door, then walk back in and down the hall. I asked my mom the next morning what he was looking for in the car last night, and gave her the time it happened. She looked at me strange, said she was watching tv at that time and he was sound asleep snoring. Umm..ok..

Another incident occured while on a ghost tour of the St.Augustine lighthouse a few years back. My wife booked a weekend trip for my birthday, and part was going on a private tour of the lighthouse that TAPS investigated a few years prior. We were in the basement as a small group, walking through the narrow hallway between the cisterns. I was calling for the spirits trying to get some action, and nothing doing... as i was walking through the corridor, something grabbed my shirt, enough to pull the shirt away from my body. I thought it was my wife trying to get my attention. I turned around, and i was the last person. No one was behind me at all... kind of a neat experience.

Old 06-14-2013, 03:26 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
eh, I have Spirits around me all the time and see them dang near everywhere, I'm used to it and they can be quite entertaining to watch and listen to but no "one" particular story, I have many.

Old 06-14-2013, 04:08 PM

207 posts, read 336,419 times
Hi I'm 31 yrs old from Sacramento. I have been living in the same house for almost 4 yrs now. My first experience I was out in the garage at night, sitting down listening to the radio, when a very heavy 24 ft. extension ladder came crashing down right behind me. This would have been impossible without some type of force, because it was leaning against the wall at an angle that would made it impossible to have fallen by itself. It fell about a foot behind my head, and the noise startled me more than I've ever been.

After that me and my family started hearing someone running up and down the hall very late at night. My 7 year old daughter started sleeping with the light on and a few nights later she told me a little boy was coming into her room at night, and that he was mean to her telling her things like u need to kill your family. I started praying and also talking out loud, threatening the spirit if it ever harmed my daughter.

A few nights later I couldn't sleep (I have insomnia). Suddenly there was someone tapping over and over on my window from the outside. My room is on the 2nd story, so this really made no sense, other than being an entity of some kind. I went over to the window and there was no one there, and it stopped. I lay back down and then something started knocking on the wall less than a foot away from my head. I just lay there with my eyes open looking at the wall...it knocked repeatedly for at least 5 minutes. Then someone started whispering in my ear, and it was very muffled just like they make it sound in scary movies. It sounded like there was more than one person whispering, like maybe they were talking about me, or at least to each other. This was the last experience I ever had.

People in my family have also been touched late at night many times, but it's never happened to me. I always talk to the spirits, and tell them I respect them, and they can live here as long as they respect us too. I have talked to the spirits many times, and I believe this is why they leave me alone now (they also leave my daughter alone as well). I consider this spirit or spirits to be alive just like us, only in another dimension, in another form. If they can talk, push ladders, touch people, etc. then to me that makes them alive. I strongly believe that these spirits just want us to know they're still here. There are different kinds of entities...I'm just glad I have the one I have, and not one like the OP mentioned ...glad u only had one experience with that evil entity!!!

Old 06-14-2013, 06:28 PM

These are all quite interesting. What I have noticed though is ghost sightings are rare, usually people feel a presence or some sort of sound without actually seeing a form. Im really interested in what these things look like.

Old 06-14-2013, 07:40 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,818,947 times
My obligatory skeptic statement is that A LOT of people saw "Ghost" movie shadow monsters after that show came out. They were scary as hell, especially for kids and left an impression on the psyche of everyone who saw the movie. Many people have seen Dracula, the "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" aliens, winged angels and werewolves too.

That said, I've seen a ghost in real life. She (it was a little girl) looked like a real, solid person dressed 100 years behind the times and disappeared in an odd way after only a couple seconds; not fading out but was suddenly just gone like watching a spliced film where something is there in one frame and not the next.

It's a long story but to make a long story short a 5 year old girl died in my bungalow in 1918 and I've apparently run into her on a couple of occasions (or at least something that really looks like her as I did some digging and got a hold of a picture of the girl from the family of the original owners... I instantly recognized the girl in the picture as the "ghost" I saw.)

I don't believe ghosts are the disembodied minds of the deceased. I believe they are caused by something else that is natural but not scientifically understood as of yet.

Old 06-15-2013, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
My obligatory skeptic statement is that A LOT of people saw "Ghost" movie shadow monsters after that show came out. They were scary as hell, especially for kids and left an impression on the psyche of everyone who saw the movie. Many people have seen Dracula, the "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" aliens, winged angels and werewolves too.

That said, I've seen a ghost in real life. She (it was a little girl) looked like a real, solid person dressed 100 years behind the times and disappeared in an odd way after only a couple seconds; not fading out but was suddenly just gone like watching a spliced film where something is there in one frame and not the next.

It's a long story but to make a long story short a 5 year old girl died in my bungalow in 1918 and I've apparently run into her on a couple of occasions (or at least something that really looks like her as I did some digging and got a hold of a picture of the girl from the family of the original owners... I instantly recognized the girl in the picture as the "ghost" I saw.)

I don't believe ghosts are the disembodied minds of the deceased. I believe they are caused by something else that is natural but not scientifically understood as of yet.

I saw the ghost form BEFORE I had ever seen the movie. I am also a skeptic and have tried many times to discount the "ghost story" as an overactive imagination of a child in the 6th grade or so. I can not to this day explain how my mother heard the ghost as I saw it at the same time, which is why I believe it actually happened.

I have thought about this situation many times since,my conclusion was the movie "ghost" or its directors has seen the same thing I had and incorporated it in the movie. I had not imagined what " the movie said was a ghost, but that someone connected to the movie was somehow involved saw, seen heard the very same things I did.

The form in the movie and the form I saw were very very similar as a description of what I seen under the kitchen table: formless, v shaped face, completely black, red/yellow eyes, legs and the ability to disappear into the shadows-night darkness.

Now today I practice a religion thats accepts all and speaks nothing of ghosts, demons, angels or spirits. yet despite this I cannot to this day discount what I know I saw, and what someone else heard! I wish I could.

There is definetly something else, we are not fully aware of. I also dont now what it "is". Energy, ghosts, demons whatever! to steal a line from many movies : all I know is that I got the discernment, that it wanted to harm me.

Old 06-15-2013, 04:25 AM

Quote:

Think real hard about her shoes, go back into history and find out at what time they were worn. If it matches the time frame you really might have seen something?! Ive thought I was crazy many times since, if not for a witness I would have discounted the whole thing.

I wish I had moire stories to tell but in all my years of life I have never seen, heard, smelt or anything like that night. Which is why years later a few seconds in my life has such significant meaning.

Now as far as my story: the home we stayed at was a half way house prior us owning it, I found out years later while hanging out with my neighbor who had lived there for decades. Drug addicts would battle their addictions in that home and it explains, what I saw. Its been said drug addiction is a demon.

Old 06-15-2013, 08:20 AM

25,744 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Quote:
But we don't have a full picture of what "natural" is. We only know what we are used to dealing with in our existence. Personally, I'm just going to say, "I don't know." But I won't rule anything out of which I am not certain. And sometimes even certainty isn't enough. I can't even prove that what I perceive to be "reality" is, indeed, reality.

Old 06-15-2013, 08:43 AM

207 posts, read 336,419 times
It doesn't matter what Chango thinks, he's entitled to his own opinion. We all know what we've experienced, don't let someone else tell u what happened, when u know what the truth is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal