Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 06:22 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,280,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardisle View Post
Do you believe in UFOs?

I do . The universe is so large it seems unlikey there is not life on another planet somewhere, and there have been so many documented sightings of phenomena here on Earth that cannot be explained I do I really do. What is your opinion?

Also if you are a Star Trek, Star Wars, or other Sci Fi fan is it because you believe in life on other planets?

Here is one example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGTbj5P6Huo
I have seen some very WEIRD stuff in the sky but was told that it was only space junk like broken pieces of man-made spacecraft, satellites, rocks, and dust. In a word, no, I don't believe in UFOs. I'd have to see one land in like Paris or New York and see martians get out or something like that to be convinced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2015, 06:37 AM

19,722 posts, read 10,128,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by engineman View Post
No
Who are you answering?

Old 05-27-2015, 05:08 AM

1,369 posts, read 2,274,669 times
I can only tell you what I've seen, that being airborne craft that did not conform to anything we have in design, behavior, or performance envelope. The first of them was in June 1967 when a 50' silver disk came cruising past me at 11:00 in the morning 200 yards from me and 80 ft. off the ground. No engine sound, just a sound of it splitting the air. What to make of it? I can't say much about it other than it was an unconventional manufactured craft in level flight at low altitude. I can't say where it came from or who, if anyone, was piloting it. A later sighting was far more spectacular, but again, there's very little I can say about it with regard to it's origin or who might have been behind it.

Old 05-29-2015, 01:35 AM

2,277 posts, read 2,655,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amylewis View Post
I can only tell you what I've seen, that being airborne craft that did not conform to anything we have in design, behavior, or performance envelope. The first of them was in June 1967 when a 50' silver disk came cruising past me at 11:00 in the morning 200 yards from me and 80 ft. off the ground. No engine sound, just a sound of it splitting the air. What to make of it? I can't say much about it other than it was an unconventional manufactured craft in level flight at low altitude. I can't say where it came from or who, if anyone, was piloting it. A later sighting was far more spectacular, but again, there's very little I can say about it with regard to it's origin or who might have been behind it.
Hallucination!

Old 05-29-2015, 02:24 AM

1,369 posts, read 2,274,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al G View Post
Hallucination!
Ignore list.

Old 05-31-2015, 08:20 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,456,953 times
There sure have been otherwise unexplainable advances in technology here on earth since the times of the "Roswell Crash" that indicate the possibility of "reverse engineering".

We were at Beale AFB in N California in 1980 when I saw a light above the Sierra Nevada's that was hovering and not moving...changing colors. I watched it thinking it was a plane on approach to land at Beale (which at the time was home to both U-2's and SR-71's). Anyone there at that time can tell you the drive to Beale's main gate from Marysville was a straight, straight road thru rice fields with a clear line of view and no turns/curves (to change your viewing perspective).It was about 11;30pm.

Watching this thing move up and down in altitude, but not moving closer, I started to doubt it was in fact a plane headed towards the runway. When I got to the gate, the 2 guards working the gate were watching it as well (making me feel less like a fool) and I stopped at the gate and the 3 of us watched it for about 4 minutes longer when it suddenly made a right angle movement and hovered closer to us (we all "guessed" about 3 miles or so) and then it shot straight up and disappeared in a flash. Honestly, it was gone in a blink, just gone. They had called the MP desk to "report" and were talking to them on their "brick" as we watched it. We all just stood there dumbfounded, but thought to exchange names/contact numbers because they said they would have to fill out incident reports and needed contact info.

They both called me and told me they were instructed they were to write an "incident report" and then told they were not to discuss this again EVER with anyone, and forced to sign "non-disclosure" forms. Each called me asking if I had been contacted (I never was, but I was not active duty either) and told me their careers were threatened if they said anything to anyone about it.

I have no idea what it was, but it was NOT anything that I had ever seen, and even watching the SR-71's take off from Beale all the time, that was suppose to be the "fastest bird" the AF had, but you could watch it fade out even when moving very fast the line of sight was so great at Beale.

Old 05-31-2015, 08:34 AM

5,103 posts, read 8,611,567 times
I've seen some weird things in the sky over the course of my life.

I think the gov't and private agencies test some odd-looking planes, and some sightings are hoaxes, but I think a small percentage are truly UFOs.

Old 06-01-2015, 10:01 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,201,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardisle View Post
Do you believe in UFOs?

I do . The universe is so large it seems unlikey there is not life on another planet somewhere, and there have been so many documented sightings of phenomena here on Earth that cannot be explained I do I really do. What is your opinion?

Also if you are a Star Trek, Star Wars, or other Sci Fi fan is it because you believe in life on other planets?

Here is one example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGTbj5P6Huo
Let us compare the above video of a "UFO" with a string of balloons...

Anyone else notice any similarities???

Last edited by plwhit; 06-01-2015 at 11:19 PM..

Old 06-01-2015, 10:32 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
No. I don't believe in UFOs.

Old 06-14-2015, 05:28 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemur View Post
I've seen some weird things in the sky over the course of my life.

I think the gov't and private agencies test some odd-looking planes, and some sightings are hoaxes, but I think a small percentage are truly UFOs.
Awwwe ..You are speaking of "Area 51"...yes..It certainly does beg to question just what information is being exposed....Bet those in the higher power of government when they leave office may maintain silence..But will truly wonder how they should react...Ohh never mind..When they leave office they go onto lucrative careers perpetuating more smoke and mirrors...LOL

How Area 51 Works - HowStuffWorks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal