Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2016, 01:49 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times

Advertisements

ive got many creepy stories ...tough to pick just one

from early on I had strange things happen...

one of my earliest memories and nightmares...was waking up with these bloody hands all around the bed..opening and closing,,,moving closer to me.... I went to scream and nothing came out I tried to move but couldn't.....

I finally let out this grunt noise ....and my brother turned on the light .....I was sweating.... it was soooo real...
in the morning...mother asked if I had a nose bleed last night,,,i said no,,,,she said there was blood all around the bed...on the blankets....but only on the side of the bed...
I told her about the nightmare.....she went silent but then said--- I'm sure god came in and drove the evil spirit away it wont be back......... she said this so I wouldn't be sooo scared...but this freaked her out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2016, 12:51 PM

32,940 posts, read 36,359,395 times
I wonder what really happened there. That's pretty scary.

Last week, I was using my laptop at the dining room table and decided to go to the kitchen for something to drink. As soon as I reached the sink, I heard what sounded like the hutch door firmly closing or something banging the door. I was the only one at home.

Old 12-12-2016, 05:22 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,943,174 times
Most of my creepiest experiences were in an old farm house I rented with two friends on the north side of Davenport, Iowa in 1970-1971. So I'd say my time spent in that house was my creepiest experience.

The day we looked at the house to rent it, we were upstairs with a flashlight (the power wasn't on) looking around, and suddenly we heard the sound of people downstairs. We were surprised but figured the realtor let some additional potential renters in. Suddenly there was a sound of a woman's scream and we rushed downstairs. There was no one else in the house.

The absolutely most creepy experience in that house was the night I was alone in the house typing at the dining room table, when suddenly I heard a dragging sound from the basement (the door was next to the table where I was typing). It sounded like someone dragging a heavy chest or something across the floor. I was afraid it was an intruder so I grabbed something for a weapon, tiptoed to the door and opened it, and flipped the light switch. "Who's there?"

There was no one in the basement. I was alone in the house. I started typing again, and the dragging started again. Suddenly, I felt as though someone poured fear into me, and all I could think was "get out! get out!". So I left the house to drive to my folks' house, and looked back at the house. I had the eerie feeling it was looking at me. As I approached my car, I thought I heard my name whispered from a nearby bush. There was no one there. I got in the car and got the hell out of there.

Creepy stuff happened there on pretty much a daily basis -- shadow figures, cold spots, sparkly lights near the ceiling, the sound of objects tumbling down the stairs, footsteps, the feeling of being watched and touch, sounds of breathing ... Glad I'm not there any more. One of my sisters wouldn't even come over to visit.

And today -- it's a day care center.

Old 12-15-2016, 08:32 PM

12,774 posts, read 14,983,025 times
Vasily, I'm surprised you still rented it when the woman's scream happened when you were looking around. You couldn't have paid me $1 million to live there for ever 24 hrs.

Old 12-16-2016, 09:13 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,943,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Vasily, I'm surprised you still rented it when the woman's scream happened when you were looking around. You couldn't have paid me $1 million to live there for ever 24 hrs.
It doesn't fit in with your world view -- to reduce the discomfort caused by cognitive dissonance, denial kicks in: I didn't really hear that, or it was the wind, or I was imagining things, etc. In the case of the voices and scream, we told each other maybe it was people passing by the house outside. Yet when we went down and looked around, there was no one outside. It was a really nice old house and we couldn't make sense of the experience, so we said "whatever" and moved in.

Many years ago, I remember a bit on a TV show (probably the original Candid Camera) where they put a magnet in a bottle of catsup at a diner, and rigged up a device under the table top that would cause the bottle to move around in very unnatural ways. A guy eating his lunch saw the bottle crawling around, calmly put it back in position, continued putting it back whenever the TV guys moved it on him. A catsup bottle moving around on its own doesn't happen in a sane and rational universe -- hence it didn't happen for him.

A friend of mine and I were leaving to go for dinner one winter's evening and we were looking up at the stars from the lawn area next to the house. Suddenly, I heard the sound of footsteps crossing the empty lawn; I saw my friend look in the same direction. I asked him if he heard it and he said yes. For the next 10-15 minutes we heard unseen people walking or running back and forth across the lawn, sometimes between the two of us. Months later, I brought it up to him and he got angry, stating "That was nothing!" and wouldn't talk about it. He wanted nothing to do with anything even remotely woo, so that was his form of defense: denying something happened that the two of us experienced together.

I moved out and went away to finish college. When I came back at the holidays to visit, I'd find myself driving by the house late at night just to look at it. It was as though it had an unhealthy fascination for those of us who lived there.

Old 12-16-2016, 10:28 AM

4,852 posts, read 3,647,187 times
We read about a little country diner and cancelled our reservation for Thanksgiving dinner downtown.
Husband and I were standing by the door waiting on a booth - a little lady dining alone invited us to sit at her booth.

Ms. Florene Tipton was 84, a widow and chose to have dinner at her favorite diner instead of with family for whatever reason. She was the spitting image of my own mother, gone five years now. She had the same mannerism, down to not eating the crust of her pumpkin pie. We had a great conversation, she left us with lots of good advice on living a long life, diet and exercise. What a treasure her own family is missing.

It was just spooky weird that this little lady there waiting on us. She was the same age as my mom would have been had she lived. This literally brought me to tears after we left. Even my hard-hearted husband was stunned.

Old 01-18-2017, 01:41 PM

393 posts, read 409,413 times
The weirdest thing in my life...I was 12 or 13. And everyday when I'd come home from school, or being outside, the phone would ring, immediately when I opened the door.

My parents were often working or out, and I remember this one weekend, no matter what, anytime I opened the front door, the phone would ring, no one would say anything. Keep in mind this was before cell phones, caller I.D. and what not.

This was a small town and our house was in a neighborhood. I investigated the best I could, but could never determine the culprit. This went on for about a few months...then never happened again.

K

Old 05-11-2017, 01:12 AM

3,222 posts, read 4,570,318 times
Would love to read more of these stories!

Old 05-23-2017, 01:05 PM

274 posts, read 237,683 times
We had to move my folks to assisted living and I was spending a couple of nights in their house for the first time since they moved out. They had a rocking chair that belonged to my maternal grandmother and I can't look at that chair without thinking of her.

I was feeling very sad that my folks could no longer live in their own home, and lonely because my husband wasn't with me. I was standing in the room with the rocking chair, when I heard a noise, and then the chair started gently rocking on its own. I would describe it as the way a rocking chair would move if someone who had been sitting there had gotten up. Gentle, just lasting a few moments.

Surprisingly, this didn't scare me. Since I had heard a noise, I thought one explanation might be the vibration from the noise caused the chair to rock. The other explanation I came up with was that perhaps my grandmother had kept me company for a while because I was feeling so sad.

Either seemed equally plausible, but I have no idea what caused the noise. I guess this doesn't really fit in this thread because I didn't find it creepy. Instead, I got some comfort from the thought that my grandmother might have been with me in a difficult time.

Old 05-23-2017, 04:43 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,182,098 times
Me and a friend were on vacation in Savannah. We had just done the ghost tour and I walked 6 miles that day in crappy shoes. We stayed at a hotel on the water built by slaves. They used to call the building a slave warehouse. We were back in the room and I horribly said I wish a slave was here to rub my sore feet. I immediately apologized to the universe and went to wash my face.... as I was bent over the sink I distinctly felt a finger poke me in the ribs. It startled me but didn't scare me because I deserved it.

I was dating a guy who built jewelry boxes from wood. He said he would make me one if I tell him who wrote a poem and he gave me a verse. A while later I was at Barnes and Noble and went to look at the poetry section. Well there was 5 rows of poetry books. I thought well this isn't going to work and grabbed a random book and opened it. There was the poem on that very page!!! I still can't explain that one.

My mother died of cancer in her house. a year later I was alone and walking through it and I felt her hand and fingers brush my cheek. Stopped me dead in my tracks. She's visited me before but nothing that concrete. It was a nice moment
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal