Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 08:58 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,956,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
It's my understanding that when communication exists psychically, it's not spoken. It's not great grandma comes to me and says you need to get your brakes checked. It comes in the form of pictures. So the psychic says she's showing me red roses that my sign for accidents.

If this is true, yes, it's communication, but it's fraught with the same downsides of verbal
communication, interpretation and nuance. You ever get into an argument with someone only to find out you're both on the same side, saying the same thing in completely different ways, and misunderstanding each other? Guess what, we're human.

Communication psychic or otherwise will never be perfect. Because we're human, and imperfect.
Intneresting. With the TV psychics, (they say) it works through images. IME with a real medium, it is great grandma (or whoever) who shows up, hair in a bun (or whatever style she used to wear), speaking. I say this, because I had a relative show up who didn't speak English well, so she was speaking a foreign language, and the medium couldn't make heads or tails of it, except for one simple word the figure started repeating. She got that. Then broken English started coming out. Pretty interesting.

Maybe for some people, it does come in images.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2017, 01:56 AM

6,956 posts, read 6,880,495 times
I cannot relate to an afterlife where folks speak other languages - mainly because it cuts out communication with anyone not speaking that language and also in my concept of an afterlife people speak by telepathy.

I can see how it would clearly show evidence that this was aunty or whoever because she could not speak a word of English and only spoke French or something, but the actual communication with the medium would be in the mediums language so that it was effective and the message was conveyed.

Of course this is only my belief and I have no idea how it works up there.

Old 06-07-2017, 05:39 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,490,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Says who?

The Russians have been using PSI and all kinds of what we term psychic abilities for decades. They have (also) militarised the abilities and are far more advanced than the USA.

If you think there is no basis for these abilities, then you have not done your research. There are plenty of papers on influence at a distance either by thought or by some unknown radiations.

The fact that science cannot measure some of these energies does not mean they are not available to be used for harm as well as benefit.

For Remote Viewing, check out The Farsight Institute,
First the CIA is not a Russian Agency.

Second I have seen nothing to show that they have successfully militarized psychic abilities or militarized them past me, let alone the US.

How would you even know what the Russians are doing as they do tend to keep their secrets and have no reason to leak this? This is just fantasy.

Look at it, Russia has been losing power, money and influence in the world. Their economy is not in the best shape and they are trying to do a military buildup which I think will ultimately fail.

If they have psychic abilities they are not really working for them.

Old 06-07-2017, 05:51 AM

44 posts, read 44,210 times
A good psychic medium should have more "hits" than misses so it's perfectly fine to hold a medium to higher standards, but 100% perfectionism is unrealistic. Communication with humans has it fallibilities because we process all communication through our own personal filters. Miscommunication happens all the time. When a spirit communicates with a medium, the spirit's message is also subject to the personal filtering of the medium they are communicating through. Therefore misunderstandings are bound to happen.

Last edited by Selby; 06-07-2017 at 07:04 AM..

Old 06-07-2017, 10:15 AM

Quote:
I cannot relate to an afterlife where folks speak other languages - mainly because it cuts out communication with anyone not speaking that language and also in my concept of an afterlife people speak by telepathy.

I can see how it would clearly show evidence that this was aunty or whoever because she could not speak a word of English and only spoke French or something, but the actual communication with the medium would be in the mediums language so that it was effective and the message was conveyed.

Of course this is only my belief and I have no idea how it works up there.
Yes, that's pretty much what I thought, before I had this experience. Maybe it's a YMMV kind of thing.

Old 06-07-2017, 10:22 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,675,837 times
I have no clue of my accuracy... I tried the Zerner cards online and failed miserably. However, I did know when my SO was killed, I did know my BIL was in an auto accident, I did know my HS friend that I've not seen since HS, 'cheated' on her SO....I knew that the phone call was going to be about my grandfather being dead... The list goes on.
All this info, with one exception, was all 'given' to me... Meaning I was just doing my thing and I get hit with an impression. In these cases they were not images, or grandma, it was just a knowing... The 'idea' popped into my head. I cannot say I am 100% correct, but in all my 'pops'... Pretty darn close...problem is, I cannot summon this sort of info, it's all totally in the moment.
So the exception(s), I read tarot and in doing so I did boost my psychic abilities. The information mainly comes as this knowing, but I have gotten visions, and smells.
The visions are most always symbolic... I have No Clue what those images or smells mean 'Army ants?' I tell one person, turns out there is an army base involved in this person's life and is an aspect of the issue they asked about. 'Sweet smoke' I smelled as I shuffled the cards, as I do the reading I pick up on a side issue, an elder in the home with health issues in the lungs. Turns out the client had smoked & sprayed perfume before sending the question email, her MIL was suffering from some serious lung condition I do not recall and she (client) was not supposed to be smoking. My HS friend requested a reading about her relationship. As per my instruction, no details. none of the cards that would indicate unfaithfulness, but I sensed it, but it also confused me,M something about it felt off and I could only think it was the fact that this was my friend and my personal perspective of her was getting in the way. So when I shared my feelings, she confirmed, yes, that she had had and evening with a past guy during a time when her main guy was out of town for and extended period of time and they were not actually officially together, but taking a break. And it happens to be that it was this event that had her in the confused and guilty state of mind. The reading cleared things up for her and everything turned out perfectly.
I do not do predictions per say, I am sure to express that what future things I am feeling are not written in stone and are what I currently most likely to happen.
And then there is my knack of finding lost things. Most things get found.

So why all this testimony? Because accuracy is a fickle thing when it comes to the area of psychic ability. Much information given to the receptor may be unknown in meaning to the receptor, but when that info is forwarded to the sitter, it makes sense to them. So the information can be seen as subjective. So how would we test such a thing? How would we know what is accurate and what is not when it comes to the subjective stuff? Not to mention the random impressions, or future predictions, change one thing and the life direction changes. Who is to say that if a person stayed in that attitude and actions that the future told would or would not have happened?

If our goal is to weed out those who make giant claims from those who are genuine, good luck!
Yes, our psychics should be mostly accurate, find them and stick with them. It's just like an artist. Some are better than others, the better ones are more appealing and thus end up with more collecting thier works.

For myself... When I do a reading I am very transparent with everything I see, feel, 'think' (the info pop) and so on. I make nothing 'absolute' and present things in a more 'food for thought' sort of way. Out of the hundreds of readings I have done, only two people have said that the reading did not fit. Everyone is entitled to off days.

To me, a good psychic is a humble and honest one. Accuracy comes after those. I would much rather deal with a humble psychic than an egotistical one.

Old 06-07-2017, 10:23 AM

Quote:

We are told the CIA trained remote viewers so some of the skills can be taught, I just reckon the people who have some psychic abilities can be trained to get it pretty much right - particularly when the questions are properly worded.

Obviously, some people will be better at some things than others and not everyone is open enough to the energy of the Universe to be aware.
I wouldn't say they "trained" remote viewers. They used remote viewers as an experiment. But it's not like the psychics came up with photographic images. The facilities they viewed and sketched on paper didn't really convey much concrete information. Spy satellites are much more effective.

On the topic of accuracy, I think a genuine medium is quite accurate. As for other psi abilities, consistent accuracy can't be expected, IMO. It depends. Predicting the future? What do we mean by "accuracy" there? Getting the event right? It happens. Getting the exact date of the event right? Not realistic to expect, IMO.

Old 06-07-2017, 05:49 PM

6,956 posts, read 6,880,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth
The facilities they viewed and sketched on paper didn't really convey much concrete information. Spy satellites are much more effective.
Spy satellites can only see what is there on the ground to see, they cannot see underground which is where most of the facilities are these days. This is why I referenced the Farsight Institute. Their videos are very interesting and appear to give masses of information. They use 2 RVers so one complements the other and fills in the gaps so-to-speak.

The military RV program officially ran for many years and Joe McMoneagle I believe was one of the trainers in the program. It a well-known fact that secret programs are hidden behind other programs, so for instance you might have Project A, which is secret, but behind that there are 3 more levels and projects B, C, & D. Often once the project is 'outed' the authorities say they have stopped it, (like Project Blue Book, the UFO investigation) but it goes on in another facility or under a new name. The fun film The Men Who Stare at Goats is based on one of these psychic military programs.

After the Cold War ended and the Soviet Union became less restrictive there were more scientific papers available to the West. These showed the Russians were investigating psychic phenomena far more than the USA was.

I agree that in the area of communication it is always a fact that the stream is coming in through the filters of the medium according to the life experiences and beliefs. However, using tools such as a pendulum to determine a yes/no answer or numbers perhaps should be able to allow for a more 'measurable' answer. Rather like a black/white colour choice a yes/no answer should be able to be statistically measured if the questions were framed in a way that was appropriate.

Old 06-07-2017, 06:24 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,982,736 times
I went to a psychic fair here in Austin, a fundraiser for the Battered Women's Shelter. Astonishing accuracy. This one psychic (who didn't look like what I expected her to look like - she looked like a banker) had a stream of consciousness verbiage that just went on and on and she said things like "I see you are trying to get pregnant oh no wait that's your friend Jackie she has something weird about her right eye I see you are worried about your mother's arms in some way, there are red spots on her arms you are worried about, don't worry that's nothing I see your husband hunching over in some way and holding on to something I think it's handlebars and he's about to have a sort of serious accident doing whatever that is but it will turn out okay" on and on and on and on.

I later heard her talking with another psychic. To her, these visions are like trying to remember details of dreams. It's exhausting for her, and they come in snippets as if they're memories, not projections.

I didn't go back again. I don't want to know. Everything she said was dead on.

Old 06-07-2017, 06:50 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,393,070 times
My waiter played a game ...''If you can guess my name I'll give the person a free dessert''...I blurted out, 'Madison'...you should have seen his face!

A massage client said, 'You know those squeeze balls you use to relieve tension?"
I said, "Oh, you got a rosary?" ( I quickly jotted down the color.)
After he was done freaking out, wondering if he told me...no...
I asked, 'What color is it, cuz I wrote down the color already"....he said like a pink...

He wanted me to go look in his right pocket that second!
Well, I held it under the small lamp...it was as Lavender as anything...
I showed him the paper that said, 'Lav'.
He was scared of me after that ...I apologized, 'I'm sorry, I usually don't blurt things out like that.'

Accurate enough?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal