Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 09:28 AM

1,257 posts, read 889,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverItAll View Post
*insert scornful laugh* the victims became CAREgivers to their abusers?!?
OMFG. What effing fools.
F**k that. I wish I had been able to "pose" as caregiver had that sick twisted pig lived long enough. I would have fed her Drano while laughing and having a sandwich.
Did your mother ever acknowledge her abuse or apologize? I simply cannot imagine living the life of a horrific abuser and then go to my grave with that. There is simply no doubt that pure evil is a very real thing, and it happens every day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2017, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchessCottonPuff View Post
You do know Bette took care of her all of her life - even now , even though she swindles people on her religious show . She also uses religion to continue to bash her . I saw this myself on TV when I was just scrolling thru channels so I cannot quote everything . She cannot stop the bashing . Bette admitted they had not alot in common but tried to do her best even getting BD's son a part to get him started .

BD's first book nearly killed Bette it hurt so badly and she talked about it LOUDLY and alot and not with anger but disbelief . I heard her , anyone that watched her interviews heard her AND she was still subsidizing her living
Just like Christina, a new book comes out when they run low on cash .

My mom was meaner than all get out but I do not dwell on it daily or 30 years later continue to bash her on TV or use religion to do it . I am actually the one who takes care of her ashes no one else wanted .
My mom was hateful to live with, as well. I'm not suggesting that BD should have written the book ... only that Bette (and Joan) may have truly done all of those things. In which case, what goes around comes around. We should all be very careful how we treat people. BD wasn't the only person to talk about Bette's behavior, so I'm inclined to believe it. There's a quote by Anne Lamott that I LOVE:

"You own everything that happened to you. Tell your stories. If people wanted you to write warmly about them, they should have behaved better."

Last edited by SouthernProper; 09-25-2017 at 10:41 AM..

Old 09-25-2017, 09:55 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,880,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernProper View Post
Did your mother ever acknowledge her abuse or apologize? I simply cannot imagine living the life of a horrific abuser and then go to my grave with that. There is simply no doubt that pure evil is a very real thing, and it happens every day.
LOLOLOL *dyin here*

Erm...no.
Are you kidding me? You obviously have never dealt with a true to the definition of the word, sadist.
She was PURE EVIL.
She enjoyed causing fear and pain. ENJOYED it. It made her smirk and laugh. Fear especially got her "high" and what better way to induce fear in an infant/toddler/small child than with (usually sudden and unexpected; the shock factor made it more fun I imagine) pain?

She used to LAUGH when telling folks she used to hold pillows over my face as an INFANT to stop my crying. She was so insane she thought it was OK I guess. Most peeps kissed her a**, I shall never understand why.
The listeners also laughed; I suppose they had to think she was kidding. Nope.

I don't throw around words like sadistic, relentless and severe, just for the fun of it. I am into precision of language.

Old 09-25-2017, 10:00 AM

Quote:
LOLOLOL *dyin here*

Erm...no.
Are you kidding me? You obviously have never dealt with a true to the definition of the word, sadist.
She was PURE EVIL.
She enjoyed causing fear and pain. ENJOYED it. It made her smirk and laugh. Fear especially got her "high" and what better way to induce fear in an infant/toddler/small child than with (usually sudden and unexpected; the shock factor made it more fun I imagine) pain?

She used to LAUGH when telling folks she used to hold pillows over my face as an INFANT to stop my crying.
The listeners also laughed; I suppose they had to think she was kidding. Nope.

I don't throw around words like sadist, relentless and severe, just for the fun if it. I am into precision of language.
Yep. I posted something about those people up there ^^^ ... that's it, exactly. But she isn't laughing anymore.

Old 09-25-2017, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Yep. I posted something about those people up there ^^^ ... that's it, exactly. But she isn't laughing anymore.
Sadly she lived until age 75 in PERFECT health, still dressing beautifully and with a superb figure and gorgeous jewelry (I got it all hahaha) and male admirers and money galore and still tormenting all and sundry including her spinster semi-mentally defective sister who lived with her, until she was hit and swiftly killed in a car accident (other driver's fault).
No justice. I so wish I believed in God, Heaven and hell.

Her husband (who raised me even though I was actually the product of an affair she had while they were married) who had stood by and watched/ignored it all (at most would say, "Ann, calm down, calm down" before leaving the house) did die slowly of cancer so that is a small comfort.

Old 09-25-2017, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Sadly she lived until age 75 in PERFECT health, still dressing beautifully and with a superb figure and gorgeous jewelry (I got it all hahaha) and male admirers and money galore and still tormenting all and sundry including her spinster semi-mentally defective sister who lived with her, until she was hit and swiftly killed in a car accident (other driver's fault).
No justice. I so wish I believed in God, Heaven and hell.

Her husband (who raised me even though I was actually the product of an affair she had while they were married) who had stood by and watched/ignored it all (at most would say, "Ann, calm down, calm down" before leaving the house) did die slowly of cancer so that is a small comfort.
Ahhh, yes. Abusers and those who enable / pander to / cover up for / coddle / appease / justify them. That's the kind that get books written about them. I guess they didn't think about what happens when you mistreat your children ... they grow up.

Your first paragraph reminds me of "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?"

Last edited by SouthernProper; 09-25-2017 at 10:57 AM..

Old 09-25-2017, 11:26 AM

4,927 posts, read 2,908,995 times
What did Jerry Lewis do that was bad?? Never heard that before.

Old 09-25-2017, 11:31 AM

4,927 posts, read 2,908,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinLow View Post
Then there are the killers who have no evident depraved childhood behind them. No history of being an abuse victim. Come from a loving home, wonderful parents, sibs. Nothing mental or biological behind their evil personality development or behaviors. No traumatic life experiences to account for mental changes.
What about that? How to explain or reconcile how they developed into evil beings. Or in some cases became them overnight. Here I think we are talking ''possession'' and then you get into whether your thinking can support such a thing.
I believe there is such a thing and I believe that certain situations can set a person up for exposure to evil entities and open them up to influence.
What do you guys think?
I would look at neuroscience and brain damage versus evil entities. Can't we move past the notion that lightening is caused by the gods playing...bowling, or something. Or that some natural disaster is caused by some diety's moral outrage? Let the human race grow up.

Old 09-25-2017, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Ahhh, yes. Abusers and those who enable / pander to / cover up for / coddle / appease / justify them. That's the kind that get books written about them. I guess they didn't think about what happens when you mistreat your children ... they grow up.

Your first paragraph reminds me of "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?"
That was a fantastic film for sure. I adore it.

Nooo, wrong comparison image, Jane was aging poorly and dressed ridiculously.
My Mother was a petite, doll-like beauty with impeccable taste and always looked like a fashion plate. Never once saw her leave the house, not a single time, not looking fab.

The torturing the vulnerable sister part, yeah that's a parallel. But the sister always lived with us/her and also ignored my plight so she deserved what she got. She was probably borderline IQ, like 85-90, not so dumb she didn't realize what was up. She worked her entire life in NYC at various jobs (telephone operator, data entry) and knew better I am sure. Just didn't care; nary a tear was ever shed on my behalf. I was told to shut up and not rile "her" up. Fat chance.

That more than several adults (uncles, grandparents, aunts, adult half-brothers) knew-she was hardly subtle- what was going on and all did nothing and all kissed a** and catered and fawned, is what destroyed me far more than the abuse itself and is what made me the monster I am.

Old 09-25-2017, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
I would look at neuroscience and brain damage versus evil entities. Can't we move past the notion that lightening is caused by the gods playing...bowling, or something. Or that some natural disaster is caused by some diety's moral outrage? Let the human race grow up.
Completely agree. Neurochem issues I am sure. Innate in some cases, uninfluenced by environment, present from birth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal