Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2019, 08:11 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
It would be great if the group of believers did their own testing to prove or disprove the results of this one test.

I suspect you would disavow it aswell.[/quote]

I would at least look at their findings. I cannot say what I would do after that? It would depend on how they conducted their test.

While you speculate that I would disavow the findings; aren't you disavowing the findings of the one test that was performed? They resolved that it was natural and you hate 'natural'!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2019, 08:35 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times
Time to grow up and get some glasses for your fisheye.

I don't hate natural at all. On this forum, I would hate if I wanted too.

Try and stay on topic. I have told you about the newspaper article.

Old 10-20-2019, 09:03 AM

Quote:

And what happens if the cause of death is "natural"? Would you accept it if it was proven?

Old 10-20-2019, 10:04 AM

9,511 posts, read 6,105,402 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
And what happens if the cause of death is "natural"? Would you accept it if it was proven?
To clarify:

The OP's link did not indicate that this was death by natural causes.
Quote:
The case recalls mutilations of livestock across the U.S. West and Midwest in the 1970s that struck fear in rural areas. Thousands of cattle and other livestock on land ranging from Minnesota to New Mexico were found dead with their reproductive organs and sometimes part of their faces removed.
The OP's link is insinuating the lack of BOTH human & KNOWN animal predation:
Quote:
authorities have little evidence, but were ruling out the usual suspects: wolves, cougars and bears. There were no bullet wounds, the report said.

None of the scenes showed signs of a struggle and officials found no footprints
When you click on the related link under the headline, it further confirms these cases as classic mutilations:

Quote:
All five seemingly healthy Hereford bulls, found dead within days of each other, were drained of blood. Their sex organs and tongues were removed with surgical precision. None of the scenes showed signs of a struggle and officials found no footprints
The Sheriff's office AND the ranch VP have already considered & ruled out 'nature':
Quote:
Individually, each case could be attributable to natural causes. When an animal dies, the blood pools at the bottom of the carcass and it bloats. The skin dries out and splits with tears that can often appear surgical. Scavengers like carrion bugs and birds prey on what soft tissue is left.

But as the carcasses piled up, officials began to suspect that people killed the 2,000-pound bulls.
But they acknowledge that for humans to have done so; it would have taken an entire team, so they are leaning towards cult activity. These were not either butchering nor were they KNOWN animal predation.

Since that is almost as ludicrous as aliens; I am going to personally call the Harney Couty Sherif's Office Monday morning & likely make a complete fool out of myself by suggesting that an unusually large avian with a long, thin beak capable of excising tissue with a primarily hematophagous diet is simply migrating through Oregon.

If they stop laughing long enough to listen I am going to suggest that both the animal tissue & the soils at the scene be tested for Salivary Hyaluronidase, vasodilator maxadilan & other known salivary antihemostatic potions of hematophagous species. I will also recommend game cameras capable of BOTH motion & heat signal sensing.

And I will report back for your comic relief.

Old 10-20-2019, 10:50 AM

11,129 posts, read 9,764,095 times
Quote:
In that link it stated: "while the action of blowflies and maggots reportedly matched the soft tissue damage observed on mutilated cows".

Here is a link from the "Skeptoid" that goes into more detail: https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4456. It also mentions the one 'study' that was done in Arkansas. I wish that more than just this study was done to finally put these questions to rest. It would be great if the group of believers did their own testing to prove or disprove the results of this one test.
Your link says pretty much what I said early on in this thread. I agree with those conclusions. I've seen roadkill deer, and other dead animals in the woods, with these same features, bloating, large gaping, circular "wounds" in the areas of softest tissue (rectum/belly/genital areas blow open by decomp gases), eyes eaten out by flies/maggots, etc. The "lack of blood" is most likely to be due to the blood pooling in the lowest part of the body (livor mortis), and coagulating there. The gooey organs, well if you leave organ meats in a warm, festering, bacteria laden, anaerobic hydrogen sulfide/methane filled environment it will probably get gross and goopy in a couple of days. It's called putrefaction, and just like livor mortis, is just one of the phases of normal decomposition. Unless they are a coroner and used to seeing the insides of long dead bodies, most people have never seen these processes and might be baffled by them.

If you hear hoof beats, look for horses, not zebras.

My other question for those believing it's some ET is "Why cattle?" Why not dogs, or bison, or alligators? Why would aliens be focused solely on beef cattle, and the occasional sheep, and not on other species? Why don't we find mutilated horses or llamas? My answer is that cattle, and the odd sheep, are the animals that are left to their own devices out on the range for weeks or more at a time, often far from view of the ranch house. Thus an animal is not noted to be missing until it's either found deceased by happenstance, or because they've gone out to round all of them up. That animal may have been sick, but no one was there to witness it. It's not known then how long that animal has been down, how long it's been bloating, or how long the flies and scavengers have had to get to work.

Old 10-20-2019, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
Your link says pretty much what I said early on in this thread. I agree with those conclusions. I've seen roadkill deer, and other dead animals in the woods, with these same features, bloating, large gaping, circular "wounds" in the areas of softest tissue (rectum/belly/genital areas blow open by decomp gases), eyes eaten out by flies/maggots, etc. The "lack of blood" is most likely to be due to the blood pooling in the lowest part of the body (livor mortis), and coagulating there. The gooey organs, well if you leave organ meats in a warm, festering, bacteria laden, anaerobic hydrogen sulfide/methane filled environment it will probably get gross and goopy in a couple of days. It's called putrefaction, and just like livor mortis, is just one of the phases of normal decomposition. Unless they are a coroner and used to seeing the insides of long dead bodies, most people have never seen these processes and might be baffled by them.

My other question for those believing it's some ET is "Why cattle?" Why not dogs, or bison, or alligators? Why would aliens be focused solely on beef cattle, and the occasional sheep, and not on other species? Why don't we find mutilated horses or llamas? My answer is that cattle, and the odd sheep, are the animals that are left to their own devices out on the range for weeks or more at a time, often far from view of the ranch house. Thus an animal is not noted to be missing until it's either found deceased by happenstance, or because they've gone out to round all of them up. That animal may have been sick, but no one was there to witness it. It's not known then how long that animal has been down, how long it's been bloating, or how long the flies and scavengers have had to get to work.

Humans missing and found dead quite often. Read David Paulides 411,

I do like your phrase. I can use that when talking BF to people.

If you hear hoofbeats, look for horses, not zebras. I like to think about what it is not; not what it is.

Old 10-20-2019, 11:30 AM

Quote:

Definitely yes. To my standards; just as you say

Once again I ask. WHY does it matter?.

Old 10-20-2019, 01:19 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,105,402 times
Quote:
My other question for those believing it's some ET is "Why cattle?" Why not dogs, or bison, or alligators? Why would aliens be focused solely on beef
They have found animals of all types & humans too; all killed under similar circumstances.

Quote:
On the same farm in 1973, more than 300 sheep were found dead or dying (all eventually died). They all had puncture marks, like a sting, in the necks.

Near Pelotas, Rio Grande do Sul, a number of pigs were found with holes in their necks and elsewhere. They were dead and there was no blood.

In September 1974 a UFO flap occurred in southwestern Puerto Rico. During·this period, Fredrixco investigated the strange deaths of' eleven animals on a farm in the flap area. Included were two hogs, two geese, one or two calves and the rest were goats. Each animal was bloodless (apparently) and exhibited a mark or wound or the neck, but no other signs of struggle.
http://files.afu.se/Downloads/Magazi...Issue%2010.pdf

Quote:
Further, in Idaho in 1979 the mutilated and nude body of a young man was found in a wilderness area, mutilated in the same fashion that has become so familiar with cattle. His genitals had been surgically removed, his lips had been taken off, and an ear was missing. There was a noticeable lack of blood. When found, his bare feet were clean and unmarked and he was wearing only his underwear. His possessions were later found several miles away.
The "Unspeakables"

Old 10-20-2019, 02:31 PM

Quote:

Dead deer can stick to high 'H' as their bodies swell and organs turn to mush. Most animals are the same way; including humans. I don't know what they do today; but when my area had a terrible flood in 1955 and over eighty humans were lost, many children that took refuge in a church, searchers were finding their bodies days after the flood. Many were so bloated that they had to stab them in the stomach to release the pressure before they were moved. I was only eight at that time but the searchers stopped at my grandparent's bar after 'work' and I heard the stories of the condition of the bodies they retrieved. Mausoleums have problems with humans turning to mush if they do not circulate the air.

Getting back to large dead animals after they bloat; you need a very good stomach. You also do not move one of these animals around like you would a dead deer. Decomposition is a 'mutilation'; there is nothing pretty about the process.

And as far as your question about why cattle; the aliens would eat one if they were that hungry and they would not play with their food. My feeling is, that after traveling so far, they would be anxious to get rid of their competition for our planet. They would probably be quicker to put us on the dinner table than any old cow!

Old 10-20-2019, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Dead deer can stick to high 'H' as their bodies swell and organs turn to mush. Most animals are the same way; including humans. I don't know what they do today; but when my area had a terrible flood in 1955 and over eighty humans were lost, many children that took refuge in a church, searchers were finding their bodies days after the flood. Many were so bloated that they had to stab them in the stomach to release the pressure before they were moved. I was only eight at that time but the searchers stopped at my grandparent's bar after 'work' and I heard the stories of the condition of the bodies they retrieved. Mausoleums have problems with humans turning to mush if they do not circulate the air.

Getting back to large dead animals after they bloat; you need a very good stomach. You also do not move one of these animals around like you would a dead deer. Decomposition is a 'mutilation'; there is nothing pretty about the process.

And as far as your question about why cattle; the aliens would eat one if they were that hungry and they would not play with their food. My feeling is, that after traveling so far, they would be anxious to get rid of their competition for our planet. They would probably be quicker to put us on the dinner table than any old cow!

What about those homeless people you hate?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal