Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2019, 07:36 AM

7,488 posts, read 10,490,127 times

Advertisements

OP, yes it is possible to have premonitions, or even real-time viewing. I have had experiences of this sort. It isn't something that I talk much about, as I get the same sort of responses you are getting here. Even my family doesn't know much about it. Interestingly, it comes in waves and sometimes presages illness.

Then it will go away for many years. I have no idea whether people are born with it. There's no way to make it happen, it just does. It can be worrisome.

This topic frightens most people, and they will try to explain it away in medical or psychological terms which feel "safer" to them. Ultimately, the only one who can answer the question is you. How many coincidences are too many? How much wishful thinking is not actually wishful? How much guilt is really not guilt? Only you know the answers for yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2019, 12:09 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,223,977 times
With 7 billion people imagining how things will be tomorrow or next month or next year, is it any surprise that sometimes things happen exactly as someone had imagined they would?

Old 12-25-2019, 12:46 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
I believe this is definitely possible, but we are not exactly sure of 'the logistics' of how it actually works.

A couple years back, there was a person I didnt like very much and just as a kind of mental fantasy, I imagined someone breaking into their house and stealing their tv and bike (mountain bike), since this person watched tv alot and also rode their bike alot...sure enough, a couple months later, that exact thing happens, their bike and tv were taken!

This kind of freaked me out at first, and I wondered what the odds were of this happening and those specific things being taken.

For all we know, this may be some kind of mental function, that we do not yet understand or the 'mechanics' of how it works, but on the other hand, I have also mentally imagined myself winning the Powerball jackpot of $350M...that has yet to happen!

Old 12-25-2019, 02:03 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,637,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I have also mentally imagined myself winning the Powerball jackpot of $350M...that has yet to happen!
There's a reason why that hasn't happened for you. Someone else mentally imagined that you won't win it and they will. Then someone else comes along and mentally imagined that neither of you will win it and they will. Turns out that nobody wins, the jackpot goes up a little higher, and more people lay their money down for another set of numbers.

Old 12-25-2019, 06:50 PM

8,557 posts, read 10,981,308 times
I have an entirely different take on the op's experience.

There are many forms of premonitions, and each has a distinct cause.
Some feel they have a sort of "gift" in being able to visualize things that have not happened, but may in the future.

I myself have the ability to "see"events, not only in the future, but as they are happening,unknown to anyone else.
I have a very good track record of being correct with the visions I have experienced.
None of my visions could be classified as a premonition, but as a vision in real time, that may be of an event to happen in the future.
In other words, I don't predict, I just have a vision.
These visions don't happen often, but when they do, they are as clear as a bell, and as I said, these visions are a precursor to events happening exactly as I "saw" them.

To the op,I believe what you are saying, and the reason for my belief has to do with 25 years of research into paranormal, and spiritual behavior, as well as real life experiences dealing with spirits.

It is highly possible that the soul with in you, and the soul of that person you refer to as a bully, had some spiritual connection through out your human lives.
It may not have been a cordial relationship, but I believe it existed.
It is extremely possible that your soul wished harm to this person, and those thoughts of harm by you,were caused by your soul's dislike for this person.

Unfortunately not all souls have the purest of thoughts and intentions.
With some it is a permanent affliction to be evil, while in other(and perhaps in your case) your soul had a temporary temptation from a demon soul, and it acted on that temptation.

I have said it many, many times, we humans are not in control, it is the soul with in each of us that determines who we are, and how we carry out our human lives.
I am sure many, if not all of us, have experienced at one time, something we may have done , or said that goes against all reasoning.
"I would never do, or say that, it is just not my nature".

Trust me, these things do happen all the time, and we are left to wonder why.
The answer lies in the soul with in.

Bob.

Old 12-25-2019, 08:16 PM

1,096 posts, read 418,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritzui View Post
How can someone find out if they have this ability? Is this something you are born with? I am 35 years old. Before I turned 25 I was thinking about my high school bully who physically attacked me several times starting from junior high school. I moved away to another state in 2003 and during this time I would lie on my back on the floor and imagine ways for him to die and one more realistic thought in my head of him dying that even shocked me when I saw in my mind ended up actually happening. He got hit by a 2002 dodge pickup truck in late 2011. The vehicle looks like the one I imagined. It wasn't a small car I was thinking about. So could this be a premonition? And do I have control of what I can see in the future or can it just be something that only happened 1 time? Is it something I have to concentrate hard for a while for it to happen? I remember creating thoughts and this was the most violent way I could think of for him to die so I stuck with that and would replay this thought in my head wishing that it would happen to him and it did. The article has the name of the guy who did it and I don't think he was charged since it looks like it was an accident. This is the only time I predicted something like this. I've had paranormal experiences a couple of years ago that is not related to the guy who died. That was triggered by something else and it was a demonic haunting others around me also experienced and I happen to also get it on audio which was later confirmed by a paranormal investigator to be coming from the same room I was in and the voice didn't below to me or the other person in the room. He said not only was it coming from the same room I was in but also from behind me. I had a supernatural experience that involved me when I was around 7th grade but that was a positive experience. I just want to find out if I had a premonition ability and why it only happened once.
Your post actually contains two separate questions. 1) can you have premonitions and 2) can you cause someone to die. Yes to the first question. People get premonitions about things. Think of all the people who for whatever reason decided to take a different route home from work, a fluke, and later found out they avoided a major accident. Or someone who decided not to get on the plane and that plane crashed. Premonitions can happen. As to number 2... you didn't cause him to die. A person's number is up when it is up.

As far as if you have ability in this area.. keep a small notebook. Jot down whenever you get a premonition. Check back later to see if they pan out.

Old 12-25-2019, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
There's a reason why that hasn't happened for you. Someone else mentally imagined that you won't win it and they will. Then someone else comes along and mentally imagined that neither of you will win it and they will. Turns out that nobody wins, the jackpot goes up a little higher, and more people lay their money down for another set of numbers.
Thats true, but people do win sometimes, in fact numerous people have won the big, multimillion jackpots over the years.

Old 12-25-2019, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Thats true, but people do win sometimes, in fact numerous people have won the big, multimillion jackpots over the years.
Did you ever hear of a woman named Helene Hadsell? She was famous for winning just about every contest she ever entered. Won a house, trips, all kinds of stuff. Basically she decided what she wanted, visualized it, expected it, and then claimed it. There are videos on youtube of interviews with her. Interesting to watch. I don't enter contests so haven't tried this myself as I'm not into lotteries or contests. That is not my thing. But sometimes I wonder...

Last edited by coffeemoments; 12-25-2019 at 10:00 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 12-26-2019, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeemoments View Post
Did you ever hear of a woman named Helene Hadsell? She was famous for winning just about every contest she ever entered. Won a house, trips, all kinds of stuff. Basically she decided what she wanted, visualized it, expected it, and then claimed it. There are videos on youtube of interviews with her. Interesting to watch. I don't enter contests so haven't tried this myself as I'm not into lotteries or contests. That is not my thing. But sometimes I wonder...
Never heard of her, but I will do some reading.

I was told once that if I TRULY and deeply believed I was going to win the lottery, it would happen, but the fact is, I may say I believe it...but deep down, I know the odds and do not TRULY believe it will happen, and this is why I havent won.

Old 12-26-2019, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Never heard of her, but I will do some reading.

I was told once that if I TRULY and deeply believed I was going to win the lottery, it would happen, but the fact is, I may say I believe it...but deep down, I know the odds and do not TRULY believe it will happen, and this is why I havent won.
Nodding. I think belief is good for some things and worth working with but for the lottery, nah. I don't even play it cause I figure its like throwing the money out the window.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal