Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2020, 07:14 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times

Advertisements

Tree weavers?

http://www.gcbro.com/MOcurrent0001.html

I think that is hedge trees
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2020, 12:38 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
This is pretty common Bigfoot behavior.

There are some theories on what they are intended for though, some think they do this to warn humans (territory/boundries), some think this is like a location marker, meant for other bigfoot, some even believe its just art done for fun, or to show what they can do.

Old 01-02-2020, 05:37 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Tree weavers?

Bigfoot Sightings

I think that is hedge trees
That report is from Missouri and Missouri is known to have tornadoes. Here are some pictures of what Mother Nature can do. Pay attention to, about three quarters down all of those pictures, is a picture of trees bent just like the ones you are claiming that Big Foot bent: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...do-season.html

Not all roads lead to BF.

Old 01-02-2020, 06:57 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
This is pretty common Bigfoot behavior.

There are some theories on what they are intended for though, some think they do this to warn humans (territory/boundries), some think this is like a location marker, meant for other bigfoot, some even believe its just art done for fun, or to show what they can do.

When you come to a group of limbs about 3-4 inches in diameter that is forced down into the earth about a ft or so and the area around it is not disturbed. Then with just a bit of logic; then you just might have found some BF sign and they will be close.

The same in areas of Saw Palmetto. I would like to see the guy that can rip them out of the ground.

Old 01-02-2020, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
When you come to a group of limbs about 3-4 inches in diameter that is forced down into the earth about a ft or so and the area around it is not disturbed. Then with just a bit of logic; then you just might have found some BF sign and they will be close.

The same in areas of Saw Palmetto. I would like to see the guy that can rip them out of the ground.
I have spent a lot of time in the woods and when a branch falls from high on a tree it will bury itself deep into the ground or kill anybody below. I had one hit me when using my chainsaw years ago and I am lucky to be alive. My peripheral vison detected it and got my hand up to protect my head. Fortunately my forearm diverted some of the force and the butt end did not hit me squarely in the head. It did disorient me and I was 3 miles back in the wood by myself. A maintenance man at the location I now work at was not as lucky twenty years ago.

These limbs, when they fall butt first, can go deep into the ground. One foot or greater is not uncommon; it depends how soft the ground is at the time the limb falls. Then, with just a bit of logic, we can rule out Big Foot. Besides; what reason would a creature have to go jamming limbs into the ground?

Old 01-02-2020, 07:26 AM

5,671 posts, read 5,868,959 times
We use to do the same thing with privet bush for hunting blinds. After many years some are still there.

Old 01-02-2020, 08:32 AM

22,913 posts, read 28,249,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
We use to do the same thing with privet bush for hunting blinds. After many years some are still there.
If one finds this stuff in the woods, what evidence points to Bigfoot??? I can think of half a dozen other explanations before Bigfoot even enters the running.

Old 01-02-2020, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
If one finds this stuff in the woods, what evidence points to Bigfoot??? I can think of half a dozen other explanations before Bigfoot even enters the running.
Me too, hence my reply.

Im not saying I dont believe in Bigfoot, Ive had 2 encounters myself with what I BELIEVE was a Bigfoot, but I have no way to prove it other than my story(s). I am though open to all debates and discussions and see both sides in any argument(s).

Old 01-02-2020, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Me too, hence my reply.

Im not saying I dont believe in Bigfoot, Ive had 2 encounters myself with what I BELIEVE was a Bigfoot, but I have no way to prove it other than my story(s). I am though open to all debates and discussions and see both sides in any argument(s).
I have been dropping many trees around my house. I have five acres and it had about 30 Ash trees that are dying from the emerald Ash borer. Other trees have also been infested with invasive pest. It is not uncommon, when I drop a large tree, to have one of the limbs stuck in the ground for over a foot deep. Some are very hard to pull out the ground. When large trees fall they do that.

As I said before; limbs can simply stick themselves into the ground. I will walk around my property after a wind storm and sometimes pull several limbs out of the ground. There is simply nothing unusual about finding a limb stuck in the ground; unless your purposely looking for the unusual.

Could your sightings be of a bear standing or walking on its hind legs? The other possibility would be of a hunter in a ghillie suit?

Old 01-02-2020, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I have been dropping many trees around my house. I have five acres and it had about 30 Ash trees that are dying from the emerald Ash borer. Other trees have also been infested with invasive pest. It is not uncommon, when I drop a large tree, to have one of the limbs stuck in the ground for over a foot deep. Some are very hard to pull out the ground. When large trees fall they do that.

As I said before; limbs can simply stick themselves into the ground. I will walk around my property after a wind storm and sometimes pull several limbs out of the ground. There is simply nothing unusual about finding a limb stuck in the ground; unless your purposely looking for the unusual.

Could your sightings be of a bear standing or walking on its hind legs? The other possibility would be of a hunter in a ghillie suit?
Bears - possible, but they are very rare in my area until recently, ghillie suit - again possible for at least one. My first encounter was a little over 40 years ago. It was night time and I had just gotten out of the shower and putting on my PJs in my room. I never saw the creature, but I could smell it, and heard it grunt. I ran to my father and he went out to investigate. He found nothing. Next night, same thing, and this time I heard its fingers (I assumed) scratching the window screen and 4 marks were left on the screen. The next morning, there was 9 evenly spaced footprints, at least thats what they looked like running from my side of the house, towards the woods across a recently plowed field. It kinda of hard to explain. I do recall they were 9 feet apart. Dont think a bear could do that, a human maybe? Second time was not that long ago, like 2010. Took my dogs out for the last time that night, and I usually would smoke a smoke while waiting on them. The little poodle started barking like crazy and running back and forth and kept barking towards the shed in my back yard, about 50ft from where we were. Before I could turn around and turn on the porch light, whatever it was darted off, but I could clearly see it was bigger than me. I can say for sure what it was, but I very much believe both times, it was a Bigfoot.

As for the pic linked to, I dont put much trust in anything that group has posted since they went on TV several years back and made fools out of themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal