Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2020, 04:21 PM

5,674 posts, read 5,882,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
All I am asking is if there can be a logical explanation instead of pointing in the direction where there is no proof.
I completely understand, but I can give no proof other than my testimony. Its enough for me that I believe what I saw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2020, 04:36 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
You never watched it?
Do you mean "Killing Bigfoot?" I never have. I consider the photos legit.

Old 01-02-2020, 06:17 PM

2,452 posts, read 1,683,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
You keep saying you have photos. I have asked very nicely several times for you to post them, can you do it now?

Old 01-02-2020, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
You keep saying you have photos. I have asked very nicely several times for you to post them, can you do it now?
I am not holding you off. I will get to it. Sorry, but I missed your asking. I have posted them before about 2-3 times before in the past.. I was using TINYPICS but I read they are gone.

Old 01-02-2020, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
I completely understand, but I can give no proof other than my testimony. Its enough for me that I believe what I saw.
I like that. I accept your testimony.

Old 01-02-2020, 11:46 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Here are pictures of black bear tracks: https://www.bear-tracker.com/bear.html. As you state; there are not a lot of bears in SC: https://www.thestate.com/news/local/...235798417.html. But you do have about 900. You also have the bodies to prove you have bear from your State's annual bear hunt. None of your bear hunters has ever bagged a Big Foot thinking it was a bear. So we have no evidence of the one; but plenty of evidence of the other.

As far as smelling something awful when you thought you had the first encounter; bears love septic tanks. Sometimes they have been stuck in septic tanks: https://thechive.com/2016/12/15/incr...cavator-video/. In my neighborhood some people have had the covers of their tanks removed. The bears like the fat that is floating on the top in these tanks. After having one of these 'tasty' meals I would not think they would smell that great! It might also be the difference between a 'brown bear' and a black bear!

I would like to add about all of the Big Foot tracks that we now have the technology to prove they came from an unknown primate. So far nobody has been able to do that. When teams went to the Himalayans to test their mummified creatures and tracks; everything came back as bear, goat or dog.
Ive seen this in relation to other hair samples, where the tests come back as being a deer, or a dog, cat, etc...honestly Im a little suspicious of ALL these tests coming back as normal/well known animals...

Im not saying I do not trust the testers, the test itself, etc, Im just saying, there is something 'amiss' going on here imo.

Old 01-03-2020, 05:01 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Ive seen this in relation to other hair samples, where the tests come back as being a deer, or a dog, cat, etc...honestly Im a little suspicious of ALL these tests coming back as normal/well known animals...

Im not saying I do not trust the testers, the test itself, etc, Im just saying, there is something 'amiss' going on here imo.
And I feel the same way about you believers. When you have a college professor that works for a college that also does DNA testing and he has never had one of his castings of a Big Foot track tested for DNA! My suspicions are that many are quietly getting the testing done and when it comes back as bear, goat, dog or human then you ignore the results and keep them secrete. My feeling is that many of these labs would love to prove that there is something unusual; they just have not found anything.

There is no middle ground. You believe everything points to Big Foot existing. Trees bent, limbs stuck in the ground, the smell, it all means only one thing to your group and you will never rule out anything as a natural effect of weather or nature.

Old 01-03-2020, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Yes, thats it.

Old 01-03-2020, 06:14 AM

Quote:
And I feel the same way about you believers. When you have a college professor that works for a college that also does DNA testing and he has never had one of his castings of a Big Foot track tested for DNA! My suspicions are that many are quietly getting the testing done and when it comes back as bear, goat, dog or human then you ignore the results and keep them secrete. My feeling is that many of these labs would love to prove that there is something unusual; they just have not found anything.

There is no middle ground. You believe everything points to Big Foot existing. Trees bent, limbs stuck in the ground, the smell, it all means only one thing to your group and you will never rule out anything as a natural effect of weather or nature.
Great response. Luckily, Im not a Matt Moneymaker, and dont think everything is Bigfoot sign. Sure, there are some strange things in the woods, Hell, I could probably go in my woods and take hundreds of pics, and claim a Bigfoot did it.

Old 01-03-2020, 07:45 AM

Seems that everyone glosses over as to what benefit has anyone gleaned other than a few exposed hoaxers.

UpstateJohn isn't being paid to do this. Nor are the thousands of others.
The believers are paid nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal