Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2020, 09:53 AM

5,674 posts, read 5,885,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
The 'closet monster' is not good comparison, because NO ONE is claiming closet monsters are real, NO ONE has reported encounters with closet monsters, there is no 'history' or even mythology associated with closet monsters.

I have listened to quite a few of these shows, while I have never seen a DM, I can tell when a person is emotionally upset or doesnt like talking about something they have experienced, and yes this can be faked, but its tough to do effectively...but even if majority of these witnesses were faking the fear...for what purpose? People DO NOT like to admit fear of something! And in this guys case particularly, if he was faking the whole thing...why would he give out his REAL contact info...and actually reply to people who contact him? LOL
Both my kids swore up and down those "things" in the closet was real!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2020, 11:10 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
The 'closet monster' is not good comparison, because NO ONE is claiming closet monsters are real, NO ONE has reported encounters with closet monsters, there is no 'history' or even mythology associated with closet monsters.

I have listened to quite a few of these shows, while I have never seen a DM, I can tell when a person is emotionally upset or doesnt like talking about something they have experienced, and yes this can be faked, but its tough to do effectively...but even if majority of these witnesses were faking the fear...for what purpose? People DO NOT like to admit fear of something! And in this guys case particularly, if he was faking the whole thing...why would he give out his REAL contact info...and actually reply to people who contact him? LOL
Like UpstateJohn points out; they are 'real' to our kids.

As far as why anybody does anything we do have many with mental health issues: https://nami.org/mhstats. According to that website: "1 in 5 U.S. adults experience mental illness each year". While I am aware that many of those cases do not mean the person is crazy; just that they have issues. Sometimes it is just little issues such as people cannot watch something on TV or deal with a particular problem. Of course there are others that have serious problems. Sometimes we have good friends, that we thought we knew, but they say something so weird it makes us step back. People that have false beliefs can create their own reality.

I have no idea what your 'contact' wants. I seriously hope you get a chance to see what many claim to see. I also hope that you get some pictures for us. I would just approach this with caution. My bet is that he has never seen one of the creatures. But, please, prove me wrong.

Old 06-11-2020, 11:11 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,279,449 times
Quote:
There's no particular mythology of dogmen either. There are myths of shapeshifters, particularly werewolves, that go back to prehistoric times. The dogmen crowd have appropriated those for their own cosmology. But the dogman is an Urban Legend, not a myth.

Old 06-11-2020, 03:10 PM

7,260 posts, read 5,139,849 times
Quote:
The 'closet monster' is not good comparison, because NO ONE is claiming closet monsters are real,...

Maybe not, but my wife is so mean, I understand that The Boogey Man sleeps with a night lite on cuz he's afraid she's hiding in the closet.

Old 06-11-2020, 05:10 PM

2,452 posts, read 1,683,407 times
Quote:
When I first discovered the Dogman Encounters show, his episode was like a year old already, When I first talked to him on the phone, we emailed back and forth a few times, (Im guessing he was trying to figure out if I was some nut job or not), he did tell me, he got ALOT of emails, ( I cannot remember the exact number, but I think he said it was over 500 people).

I dont think he ever had anyone else out to his house, but to be honest, I dont believe we ever talked about that, ( I will ask him about that though, as Im curious now).

I do know he stays in contact with Vic Cundiff frequently, he said Vic has helped him tremendously, (Ive heard that from many other people who have seen these things too), Im not sure what Vic does for them, but I guess he puts them at ease, he believes them and recognizes that their fears are justified.

I will definitely keep the board updated when I go out there again, it will be soon, within the month.
I just though of another question about the gentleman in Ohio. Is he married, have kids, or anybody else living with him? If so did you get to talk with them and what did they have to say?

I ask because you said your wife(ex) didn't care at all. So wondering if this guy was married and his wifes thoughts.

Old 06-11-2020, 06:15 PM

12,983 posts, read 9,510,269 times
Quote:
https://www.foxnews.com/story/maine-...EOQ5QAeyq2z1rQ

When I first opened this article, there was a picture near the top, but as soon as it loaded, the picture went to solid black...?? If anyone sees the picture please post it.
No picture at all - just a 5 year old article, that updates one perhaps even older. The age of the article could explain the absence of the picture.

Old 06-11-2020, 09:20 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
There's no particular mythology of dogmen either. There are myths of shapeshifters, particularly werewolves, that go back to prehistoric times. The dogmen crowd have appropriated those for their own cosmology. But the dogman is an Urban Legend, not a myth.
Some people believe these 'dogmen' creatures, are what inspired the werewolf legends and myths...think about it...If you lived back then, and didnt know what a hollywood movie werewolf was, and you saw a creature that had the body of a man, and head of a wolf/dog, your first thought would probably be that a man is under some kind of curse.

I understand where they are coming from, its possible imo, in those days, a guy being under a curse would have been the logical explanation for such a creature.

Old 06-11-2020, 09:50 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
I just though of another question about the gentleman in Ohio. Is he married, have kids, or anybody else living with him? If so did you get to talk with them and what did they have to say?

I ask because you said your wife(ex) didn't care at all. So wondering if this guy was married and his wifes thoughts.
Yes, he is married, I briefly met her, but that was about it, I didnt get to ask her about the creatures, not sure about kids, I know its just the two of them living there though.

Old 06-11-2020, 10:06 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,263,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Looks like an ugly dog. This is an old story. Its from 2015.
Actually originally 2006. Last update 2016.

Old 06-12-2020, 05:55 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,279,449 times
Quote:
Some people believe these 'dogmen' creatures, are what inspired the werewolf legends and myths...think about it...If you lived back then, and didnt know what a hollywood movie werewolf was, and you saw a creature that had the body of a man, and head of a wolf/dog, your first thought would probably be that a man is under some kind of curse.
But if you go back and read the actual myths and folktales, that theory evaporates pretty quickly. In the myths and folktales of werewolves, bearmen, fox women, selkies, etc., etc., etc. they are never a human with the head of an animal. A person completely transforms into the animal --- usually by some sort of ritual. The anthropomorphic werewolf is a Hollywood invention. It does not exist in folklore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal