Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2020, 08:43 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
None of this has anything to do with what I said about the electronics in the game camera - except the experiment the guy did with dummy cameras. No-one thinks about the smell of human which is ALL OVER the camera and can probably be smelled from yards away too.

So, you have the new 'webcam thing' which is in their forest attached to a tree, you have the human smell where humans have been walking around and fixing things to trees, you have possibly the IR light which they(bigfoot) MIGHT be able to see, and you have the whistle from the oscillator which they MIGHT be able to hear.

And..then people wonder why there are no photographs of a Bigfoot. It is a wonder how anyone gets any photographs of deer at all.
Like I said; deer are prey. Their senses were designed to warn them when trouble is in the area. I had a buck running at me while he was following three doe. When they got to within a hundred yards I quietly pushed off my safety on a 760 Gamemaster. I never heard the safety make a sound, I was very careful. That buck stopped in its tracks and started to run in the opposite direction. Unfortunately for him, he did not run far enough.

Just look at the size of the deer's ears and nose. It is all about collecting information about their environment. Of course, you do not have a Big Foot to study. But not one of the reports, not counting Dogman, describe an animal with large ears and nose. The reason for that is supposedly they are not prey. Members here keep talking about them as 'Alpha predators', although there is no evidence they ever killed anybody.

With all of the cameras in the field, somebody should have great pictures. But nobody does. Even if you were correct and they could sense the cameras, how do you explain all the security cameras that never see anything even though they are looking over large parking lots and fields? Surely one of these creatures could not sense a camera a few hundred yards away.

Our world is getting smaller every day. There is just no place to hide anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2020, 08:45 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Yep, bear are starting to moving into your territory!
I dont think so, no one has reported any yet.

Moe importantly, as far as I know, no one has reported their trash cans being knocked over, or bears looking in dumpsters for food, there are quite a few restaurants in this area, the dumpsters would attract bears like honey.

Old 07-16-2020, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I dont think so, no one has reported any yet.

Moe importantly, as far as I know, no one has reported their trash cans being knocked over, or bears looking in dumpsters for food, there are quite a few restaurants in this area, the dumpsters would attract bears like honey.
Bears can travel great distances. It isn't only that but your bear population is increasing. Here is a good link from your Game Commission: https://www.wlwt.com/article/odnr-bl...-2020/32477468. There is a map of the sightings but for some reason, I cannot get the map to come up as full-screen.

Old 07-16-2020, 04:23 PM

126 posts, read 81,189 times
extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. moth man is just another myth like most religious figures.

Old 07-16-2020, 09:50 PM

6,952 posts, read 6,877,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye
- I ask for proof. I would love to believe in all or any of these claims. But I simply want to know and I will never know from second and third-hand information. We do have proof that some people have played pranks and created different hoaxes. I would love for you to prove me wrong and then we will start a new error of trying to understand how these creatures could evade our attention for so long.
I wish I had money for each time people say "I would love to believe", or this kind of thing, but the reality is...you DONT want to believe because if you did, you would be on the other side with us who "want to believe".

The reality is you and others like this will NEVER believe because no proof will EVER be good enough. there will ALWAYS be doubts and concerns which leads me to suspect those who claim they would "love to believe" are afraid (yes, fear) of being wrong, of being hoodwinked, of believing true, something which is NOT true or which MIGHT prove not to be true in the future.

It appears something has happened in the past which made these people say to themselves, "I will never believe anything again unless I have absolute proof", but they have made conditions so that will never come - therefore they are safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye
With all of the cameras in the field, somebody should have great pictures. But nobody does. Even if you were correct and they could sense the cameras, how do you explain all the security cameras that never see anything even though they are looking over large parking lots and fields? Surely one of these creatures could not sense a camera a few hundred yards away.
I have suggested things which may stop these animals coming close to trail cams, and there HAVE been longer distance images of Bigfoot but...then when it is too far away, you say "just another blobsquatch". The photographers and believers cannot win in this situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unicus
extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. moth man is just another myth like most religious figures.
Generally in a discussion, one liners dont add anything to the discussion. Extend your brain and answer us this please.

Tell us what 'evidence' would be good enough to be "extraordinary"? Hair which is DNA tested and comes back "unidentified" could easily be described as extraordinary these days. Extraordinary is a subjective measure and cannot be defined, so I ask again, what would you need to be convinced?

Old 07-16-2020, 10:23 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,263,376 times
I’d need a full carcass delivered to a research university. Better than that, a live Bigfoot trapped, delivered to a research university for samples and some research, then tagged and released back where he was caught so he could be tracked and we could find more.

Old 07-17-2020, 02:25 AM

Quote:
I wish I had money for each time people say "I would love to believe", or this kind of thing, but the reality is...you DONT want to believe because if you did, you would be on the other side with us who "want to believe".

The reality is you and others like this will NEVER believe because no proof will EVER be good enough. there will ALWAYS be doubts and concerns which leads me to suspect those who claim they would "love to believe" are afraid (yes, fear) of being wrong, of being hoodwinked, of believing true, something which is NOT true or which MIGHT prove not to be true in the future.

It appears something has happened in the past which made these people say to themselves, "I will never believe anything again unless I have absolute proof", but they have made conditions so that will never come - therefore they are safe.
I would love to believe - but you have to give me something to believe in. Somebody literally tries to scam me every single day (telemarketers), why would I think you or any of the believers are any different? It is like buying a property and not paying for a title search; nobody does that because the banks will not lend you the money until they are confident there are no liens against the property. You want us to buy into this sight unseen; it is not a great way to do business. I keep in mind that many of the sights that collect this information depend on the sale of books and memorabilia; not to mention donations. Plus we have no idea if ocpaul or any other members have a vested interest in perpetuating these myths?

Quote:
I have suggested things which may stop these animals coming close to trail cams, and there HAVE been longer distance images of Bigfoot but...then when it is too far away, you say "just another blobsquatch". The photographers and believers cannot win in this situation.
Yes, and I gave you reasons why that is highly unlikely!

As far as saying "just another blobsquatch" maybe we would not say that if your side would quit editing the pictures you show us. We do not see whole videos because somebody feels the rest of the video would expose the hoax. Or we are shown a dark spot in the foliage; that is not an identifiable picture; it isn't proof of anything (other than somebody is a poor photographer). If I take pictures of wildlife that poor I immediately hit delete! I don't want to show them to anybody; I am ashamed that I didn't know how to take that picture. Then you also have the long movies produced to show us just a few frames and the narrator tries to talk us into believing that we are actually seeing something. Good videos could stand on their own and we would not need somebody to tell us what we are supposed to see.

Most of the reports of BF talk about a creature that is running or walking in a straight line. They are not describing creatures that spot cameras and alter their course so they will not be seen on the camera. If they were that good, why did they allow humans to see them in the first place?

Quote:
Generally in a discussion, one liners dont add anything to the discussion. Extend your brain and answer us this please.

Tell us what 'evidence' would be good enough to be "extraordinary"? Hair which is DNA tested and comes back "unidentified" could easily be described as extraordinary these days. Extraordinary is a subjective measure and cannot be defined, so I ask again, what would you need to be convinced?
Every single animal and bird we know exists makes a mistake crossing our very busy roads. Even in states that claim mountain lions have not existed for a hundred years, one made the mistake of crossing the road:https://www.courant.com/news/connect...726-story.html. Like our moderator just stated: "I’d need a full carcass delivered to a research university." Then she went on to say that better yet the animal was not killed, but tagged and studied and releases back into the wild.

If these creatures are not mythical then they will die. Then there should be physical evidence left behind. Hunters, hikers, explorers, and naturalists would eventually find the remains of one. But they are not coming up with anything. The more time that goes by the more likely it is that all of these are mythical and not real.

Old 07-17-2020, 12:45 PM

4,004 posts, read 2,083,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Every single animal and bird we know exists makes a mistake crossing our very busy roads. Even in states that claim mountain lions have not existed for a hundred years, one made the mistake of crossing the road:https://www.courant.com/news/connect...726-story.html. Like our moderator just stated: "I’d need a full carcass delivered to a research university." Then she went on to say that better yet the animal was not killed, but tagged and studied and releases back into the wild.

If these creatures are not mythical then they will die. Then there should be physical evidence left behind. Hunters, hikers, explorers, and naturalists would eventually find the remains of one. But they are not coming up with anything. The more time that goes by the more likely it is that all of these are mythical and not real.
Perhaps, I have certainly pondered that same idea. Why is no one coming up with a skull, if not an entire skeleton? Well, if we knew the burial/death ritual of a creature, it may help. I have seen some strange ones in the past. Burial under rocks in a stream, as an example. I don't wanna get too into it, but yeah - some cultures have done that. What about burial in a remote cave? Its possible, or simply finding a crawl space in a cavern somewhere to curl up and die in. At any rate...

You say the more time goes by the more likely...true enough, but - consider the Thylacine (Tasmanian Tiger). A creature believed to be extinct in 1936 and suddenly people are reporting sightings since 2017 - 81 years after its alleged extinction.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/16/austr...cli/index.html

It is true our planet is getting smaller everyday. More and more people, and less and less places for something to hide, but it seems there is still plenty of stuff out there to be discovered, or rediscovered.

Old 07-17-2020, 02:38 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
The one I saw didn't so much fly as run, real fast

Old 07-17-2020, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
Perhaps, I have certainly pondered that same idea. Why is no one coming up with a skull, if not an entire skeleton? Well, if we knew the burial/death ritual of a creature, it may help. I have seen some strange ones in the past. Burial under rocks in a stream, as an example. I don't wanna get too into it, but yeah - some cultures have done that. What about burial in a remote cave? Its possible, or simply finding a crawl space in a cavern somewhere to curl up and die in. At any rate...

You say the more time goes by the more likely...true enough, but - consider the Thylacine (Tasmanian Tiger). A creature believed to be extinct in 1936 and suddenly people are reporting sightings since 2017 - 81 years after its alleged extinction.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/16/austr...cli/index.html

It is true our planet is getting smaller everyday. More and more people, and less and less places for something to hide, but it seems there is still plenty of stuff out there to be discovered, or rediscovered.
If I was a betting man I would put my money on the thylacine! I do believe that they will find one and have their proof they do exist. That article you posted talks about good sightings last year. I know that they placed many trail cameras trying to get some good photographic evidence. They do have some pictures that are considerably better than our blobsquatch pictures. Of course, to prove it they have to do better than just the pictures; but I think they are close.

As for Big Foot, you can look at the number of sightings on a map provided by BFRO: BFRO Geographical Database of Bigfoot Sightings & Reports. You can see that many of the sightings are in the northern part of the US. But many of the States reporting those sightings have many deciduous trees; they lose their leaves in the Fall. While I never got my pilot's license; I did take some flying lessons many, many years ago. At the low altitudes, where small planes are allowed to fly, you can see large areas of our land surface very fast - especially with no leaves on the trees. I took my flying lessons back in the 1960s. But the four-seat Cessna that I used had been around since the 1950s, it is one of Cessna's best selling planes.

The point that I making is that even before the trail cameras and cellphones in everybody's pocket; there was still a means to spot and track one of these creatures. Small panes can turn around and get a good look at something unusual; as long as they have the fuel and time. So where do you hide a 7 or 8 or 9-foot giant when there is no place to hide?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal