Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2021, 05:33 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I wonder if a FOIA would reveal whether there are satellite images taken of this thing. I also think that anything moving is detected, tracked and identified (or not),so I cannot believe this thing is not on someone's radar screen.

The fact that fighters were not scrambled when these things were reported speaks volumes. Someone in authority must know what they are and have stopped the scramble to launch. Since 11th Sept 2001 I bet those tracking and identifying are super-alert to these strange and odd things flying about.
If you do a search for how long it takes to scramble a fighter jet you will get answers from 5 to 25 minutes. Then you have the time to intercept that will be based on the speed and distance. From what we know of jetpacks they will be back on the ground long before an intercept. Most of the fuel with the jetpacks would be spent getting to altitude.

On the other hand a light weight drone could probably stay up longer. But we do not know what we are dealing with until we find one of these on the ground.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2021, 09:22 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
If you do a search for how long it takes to scramble a fighter jet you will get answers from 5 to 25 minutes. Then you have the time to intercept that will be based on the speed and distance. From what we know of jetpacks they will be back on the ground long before an intercept. Most of the fuel with the jetpacks would be spent getting to altitude.

On the other hand a light weight drone could probably stay up longer. But we do not know what we are dealing with until we find one of these on the ground.
'They' know what this thing is.

If you think NORAD, the NRO, and NSA satellites cannot see this thing, you are sorely mistaken.

I dont really like how its being depicted in the media as 'mysterious/ unknown' (suggesting officials are clueless)...YEAH RIGHT! When the public found about the existence of the NRO back in the 80s, their satellites could read a newspaper article from space...so yeah, they KNOW what this thing is already! lol

Old 01-02-2021, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
'They' know what this thing is.

If you think NORAD, the NRO, and NSA satellites cannot see this thing, you are sorely mistaken.

I dont really like how its being depicted in the media as 'mysterious/ unknown' (suggesting officials are clueless)...YEAH RIGHT! When the public found about the existence of the NRO back in the 80s, their satellites could read a newspaper article from space...so yeah, they KNOW what this thing is already! lol
A company can have over a thousand security cameras and I know one that does. Nobody watches ever single camera all the time. You talk about what they can see from space. That doesn't mean that somebody is reading that newspaper article the same time your reading it! Just because you can see from space does not mean that we have the manpower to know everything or store everything. Lots of what is 'seen' is scanned by AI and that would signal experts to go over the photos or video carefully. From space, looking down on a flying rocketeer would probably look no bigger than our largest flying birds. When you have a whole world to watch you don't want the resolution set so high as to where you only see the fine print. What computer is large enough to see a whole world of fine print?

If we have a known terrorist I am sure that our government is interested in what they are reading. If it is John Doe in a park reading the Bible I would doubt they would be interested. As time goes on and if we get more reports of flying men, then they might rewrite the programs AI uses to detect what we are then interested in.

Old 01-02-2021, 11:42 AM

Quote:
A company can have over a thousand security cameras and I know one that does. Nobody watches ever single camera all the time. You talk about what they can see from space. That doesn't mean that somebody is reading that newspaper article the same time your reading it! Just because you can see from space does not mean that we have the manpower to know everything or store everything. Lots of what is 'seen' is scanned by AI and that would signal experts to go over the photos or video carefully. From space, looking down on a flying rocketeer would probably look no bigger than our largest flying birds. When you have a whole world to watch you don't want the resolution set so high as to where you only see the fine print. What computer is large enough to see a whole world of fine print?

If we have a known terrorist I am sure that our government is interested in what they are reading. If it is John Doe in a park reading the Bible I would doubt they would be interested. As time goes on and if we get more reports of flying men, then they might rewrite the programs AI uses to detect what we are then interested in.
Our gas stations have many security cameras thru out the stores...but only in a handful of stores are they monitored in real time by someone, for the most part, they are used just to keep a digital record of activity, so in the case of an incident, like a robbery or someone using a stolen credit card, we can go to a specific date/time and watch the video, we do this frequently with stolen credit cards, once we know the time of the transaction, we can go into the video system and pull up that specific camera and print out a picture or make a video clip of the person using the card.

From my understanding of our security system, it only archives 10 days of activity, and then it erases and starts over.

I assume its the same with the national security satellites, they are ALWAYS recording video, and if there is something of interest, they can go in and pull it up to take a closer look, although I do suspect they have people monitoring some locations in real time, like sensitive locations, airspace around it, etc.

As far as the quality of the image of this 'jet pack person'...I would say its HD quality, (maybe even 3D by now), so I stand by my opinion that they definitely know what this is, and they know where it originated and where it went.

Old 01-02-2021, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Our gas stations have many security cameras thru out the stores...but only in a handful of stores are they monitored in real time by someone, for the most part, they are used just to keep a digital record of activity, so in the case of an incident, like a robbery or someone using a stolen credit card, we can go to a specific date/time and watch the video, we do this frequently with stolen credit cards, once we know the time of the transaction, we can go into the video system and pull up that specific camera and print out a picture or make a video clip of the person using the card.

From my understanding of our security system, it only archives 10 days of activity, and then it erases and starts over.

I assume its the same with the national security satellites, they are ALWAYS recording video, and if there is something of interest, they can go in and pull it up to take a closer look, although I do suspect they have people monitoring some locations in real time, like sensitive locations, airspace around it, etc.

As far as the quality of the image of this 'jet pack person'...I would say its HD quality, (maybe even 3D by now), so I stand by my opinion that they definitely know what this is, and they know where it originated and where it went.
If you stand over a person and look down at them from a height, it is a small object that could be mistaken for a bird. There is no 3D with only one perspective. There is simply too much information to store everything all of the spy satellites see 24/7. Of course there is no way to predict what they are looking for or what resolution they are using. Usually you are arguing about the incompetence of our government and now you are arguing all-knowing-all-seeing. I think the truth is in between. We do make mistakes as has been proven many times.

Old 01-03-2021, 09:37 AM

Quote:
If you stand over a person and look down at them from a height, it is a small object that could be mistaken for a bird. There is no 3D with only one perspective. There is simply too much information to store everything all of the spy satellites see 24/7. Of course there is no way to predict what they are looking for or what resolution they are using. Usually you are arguing about the incompetence of our government and now you are arguing all-knowing-all-seeing. I think the truth is in between. We do make mistakes as has been proven many times.
I think its safe to say the 'spy satellites' they have are probably more advanced than we assume them to be.

I would agree our govt is incompetent in SOME regards, but in others, they are extremely effective/efficient, we know they have classified information...and much of it has STAYED classified over many years, considering how many people come and go, thats pretty efficient! Our nuclear secrets are one area that they are extremely effective...how many of these secrets have been leaked out over the years? NONE as far as Ive seen!!

If they can maintain secrecy over years for ONE thing...they can do it with others too.

Old 01-03-2021, 02:32 PM

4,004 posts, read 2,082,729 times
I know jet packs are real, and its feasible that that is a person flying with them. No Problem, sure why not?

One thing does seem odd to me though - how is he moving so fast and staying so perfectly erect? Even a birds feet trail out behind them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRBJixCmw1w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4FUBfp9kS0

Even this guys body tilts with the feet trailing behind as his speed increases.

Old 01-03-2021, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
I know jet packs are real, and its feasible that that is a person flying with them. No Problem, sure why not?

One thing does seem odd to me though - how is he moving so fast and staying so perfectly erect? Even a birds feet trail out behind them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRBJixCmw1w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4FUBfp9kS0

Even this guys body tilts with the feet trailing behind as his speed increases.
The second link you posted I enjoyed, but the link on YouTube that followed that one pointed out the problems with the development of these jetpacks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAJM5L9hhBs.

It is very informative and even tells you that, at least this developer is only flying at about 35 mph. It is very hard to determine speed when we are looking at videos taken from airplanes that could be moving at hundreds of mph.

That developer uses two motors on each arm and one large motor in the middle of the backpack. He also explains why they did not go with motors on the legs.

His latest model sells for $440,000 so I have to question if it is really worth it to the military? The one video you posted shows how troops could transfer from one boat to another. But the traditional lines to transfer personal are considerably cheaper. Plus we have no idea how safe these will be in the long run. The developer mentioned the biggest problems were falls and how they worried about motors failing, You would not want that to happen at any altitude and that is also why many of their practice flights are over water.

Your one video was pushing their use for our paramedics responding to people on difficult terrain. But if there is a chance that the paramedic would get injured attempting the rescue, then the rocketman suit would be worthless. It isn't only that, but that half million price tag would have to come down before it would make a viable alternative.

Old 01-05-2021, 10:55 AM

Quote:
The second link you posted I enjoyed, but the link on YouTube that followed that one pointed out the problems with the development of these jetpacks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAJM5L9hhBs.

It is very informative and even tells you that, at least this developer is only flying at about 35 mph. It is very hard to determine speed when we are looking at videos taken from airplanes that could be moving at hundreds of mph.

That developer uses two motors on each arm and one large motor in the middle of the backpack. He also explains why they did not go with motors on the legs.

His latest model sells for $440,000 so I have to question if it is really worth it to the military? The one video you posted shows how troops could transfer from one boat to another. But the traditional lines to transfer personal are considerably cheaper. Plus we have no idea how safe these will be in the long run. The developer mentioned the biggest problems were falls and how they worried about motors failing, You would not want that to happen at any altitude and that is also why many of their practice flights are over water.

Your one video was pushing their use for our paramedics responding to people on difficult terrain. But if there is a chance that the paramedic would get injured attempting the rescue, then the rocketman suit would be worthless. It isn't only that, but that half million price tag would have to come down before it would make a viable alternative.
In my opinion, the near half million price tag is nowhere close to be justified...he is just charging that much because its a functional 'jet pack'.

Those mini jet engines are not THAT expensive, a more appropriate price would be in the $50K range.

Old 01-05-2021, 04:40 PM

Quote:
In my opinion, the near half million price tag is nowhere close to be justified...he is just charging that much because its a functional 'jet pack'.

Those mini jet engines are not THAT expensive, a more appropriate price would be in the $50K range.
Wait a second, you don't know how many they lost trying it out. Test piolets aren't that cheap!

I used to belong to a rocket club and probably, for a few hundred dollars I could launch you. Of course no guarantees as far as your fate after the launch!

I read one of those Darwin Award accounts of a mechanic from a Airforce base that mounted a JATO engine in the bed of his pickup truck and state troopers found a dark scar on the face of a cliff 200 feet above the ground. At least he went out with a bang!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal