Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2022, 10:31 AM

22,920 posts, read 28,268,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
Speculate is pretty much all we can do when discussing extraterrestrial life. What seemed fantastical when Clarke wrote 2001 is now being seriously considered by some of those who have been searching for decades.
Yup. 100% agreed. I recently listed to Michio Kaku talk about this --- and I have to admit I found his viewpoint a little glib. This is the danger with super, super smart people like Kaku. They are experts or even borderline geniuses in their particular field of study, so they occasionally think that means they have a firm understanding of other disciplines where they are not an expert. Neil deGrasse Tyson is the poster child for this fault. When it comes to astronomy, he is a master and a master communicator. But when he starts pretending he is an expert on history, philosophy, religion, etc., his ignorance is embarrassingly apparent.

Anyway, Kaku was talking about the day when humanity will leave their bodies behind and become totally digital beings. It isn't beyond the realm of speculation, but it betrays a profound oversimplification of what we know about human neuroscience and psychology. Our brains are NOT just super smart computers. There is way more to it than that, much of which we don't yet understand.

Might we understand it some day? Maybe. Who am I to say whether or not one day humanity might be able to leave our bodies behind and become uncorporeal consciousnesses? Or maybe other beings might have figured that our already? It's not beyond speculation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2022, 04:07 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,872,488 times
Quote:
Silly but thought-provoking. I'll answer as if I think you are being serious. No, no one is saying a digital message becomes an intelligence itself. They are expanding the search for extraterrestrial intelligence to include the possibility that ancient civilizations may have moved beyond biological bodies and may exist in places in the universe that would be inhospitable to biologics. Our neighbors may not need a planet so that requires an expansion of how and where we search if we hope to detect a trace of them.

Having said all that, we may be alone. However, we will continue to look and change the way we look as our ideas of what might be possible evolve.
I was being serious and since I have suggested recently elsewhere that dust devils on Mars are some non-corporeal being, I think it is perfectly possible and obviously others think this kind of thing is a possibility too. Not necessarily on Mars as dust devils though.

If beings are digital, they exist as 1's and 0's and so there is very little left to hold consciousness, or maybe they carry their consciousness in some other dimension while projecting the digital part into our dimension? Like the digital part is like an arm or leg or some other body part, and the consciousness part is like a brain or body ?

I have heard it speculated that each energy item (table, chair,etc) in our reality has a number of attributes, length, width, height, etc which describe it and location is just another one of those attributes. If you can alter these attributes, then you can shift the location immediately without going from A to B. Computer people will understand what I mean by attributes of an item. So, maybe we need to understand how to alter these attributes in order to alter / create things in our reality.

Old 03-08-2022, 04:20 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,872,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgerider View Post
I only see shadows there, not caves or holes. Not saying you are incorrect, just that my eyes don't pick up what you see.

I also think that we (as in Earth's inhabitants from insects to humans & everything in between) are the least evolved of any life form in the universe, if we were able to compare ourselves to life from other planets.

Just my opinion, nothing more. But since that is what I believe, if I were to see a cave or hole where something could have sheltered, I would assume that occurred millions of years ago. Just to clarify, is that what you are suggesting?
Yes, possibly, but at the moment I can only see the hole not the something else. Rather like those optical illusions of an image of two faces or a candelabra if you get your brain fixed into one it is difficult to 'see' the other.

If a hole or shelter was created millions or billions of years ago - as the scientists tell us water and other stuff was on Mars then, then I expect it to have crumbled away or worn down with the weak winds, radiation, and harsh atmosphere over that time. I would not expect to see any small structures but rather large ones with worn edges. Anything small would have been blown into piles behind rocks by whatever it is which produces the huge mega dust storms.

In some places there are quite clear 'tracks' which appear to be leading to places, and you have to take this with other evidence - such as the seemingly wooden cross (not discovered by me) shown in one of my other images on this thread. I am in no way suggesting they have religion on Mars yet, so there is room for the missionaries to go-a-converting still.

Old 03-14-2022, 01:16 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Speculate is pretty much all we can do when discussing extraterrestrial life. What seemed fantastical when Clarke wrote 2001 is now being seriously considered by some of those who have been searching for decades. An intelligent consciousness existing in non-biological form somewhere in the universe is less a stretch than needing a wormhole or "alien physics" to rationalize extraterrestrial presence on Earth.
Unfortunately this is true...but only because we do not have access to all the information...how can a topic like this get anywhere, when a large part of the information is withheld from us? LOL

Its like trying to solve a crime without all the details being available to the investigator, its crazy and absurd imo that we allow our govt to get away with this...

Lots of people say the govt cannot keep big secrets...but its been months now that the Congressional UFO/UAp report was complete...I havent seen any part of the classified version leak out yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal