Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2022, 10:58 AM

22,915 posts, read 28,256,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuaSaShao View Post
Might be wise to hold off on any sweeping predictions about the impossibility of interstellar space travel until we have more information:
Nice! More:

"We can close the book on infections diseases." (William H. Stewart, Surgeon General, 1969)

"X-Rays will prove to be a hoax." (Lord Kelvin, 1883)

"The abdomen, the chest, and the brain will forever be shut from the intrusion of the wise and humane surgeon." (Sir John Eric Ericson, Surgeon to Queen Victoria, 1870s)

"Louis Pasteur's theory of germs is ridiculous fiction." (Pierre Pachet, Professor of Physiology at Toulouse, 1872)

"There is not the slightest indication that nuclear energy will ever be obtainable. It would mean that the atom would have to be shattered at will." (Albert Einstein, 1932)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2022, 11:04 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,583,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
Well, a leap from lost dog on Mars to sentient life certainly changes the discussion. Are the various space agencies conspiring to keep this secret or do they not share your certainty?
They ABSOLUTELY conspire to keep this a secret!

We may be seeing a shift in that, with the govt addressing it more seriously today, but I dont think they will go for full disclosure or anything close to that...

Govts around the world are tasked with keeping society being productive and 'in control', anything that may threaten their level of control is a 'national security issue', its not really NATIONAL security, (its more about the govts security).

There is an incident that happened at Minot AFB back in the 80s, UFOs hovered over the nuke silos and initiated the launch sequence, it came within 30 seconds of launching...

THEY ARE DEFINITELY A NATIONAL SECURITY THREAT!

**Its why there was a classified version of the recent congressional UAP investigation. (the public not permitted to see this version). Gee why do suppose that is? LOL

Old 01-24-2022, 11:16 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,214,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
They ABSOLUTELY conspire to keep this a secret!

LOL
Why are the various space agencies keeping the discovery of intelligent Martians secret from us? Do the Martians pose a danger to us? Are they allied with the US or China?

Old 01-24-2022, 11:22 AM

22,915 posts, read 28,256,756 times
Quote:
Do the Martians pose a danger to us?
ABSOLUTELY! Haven't you ever heard of the illudium Q-36 explosive space modulator?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuUJfYcn3V4

Old 01-24-2022, 02:58 PM

705 posts, read 505,199 times
To answer the original post, yes, the chances are there are other intelligent aliens. And, they probably could reach Earth. But if they were intelligent, they wouldn’t reveal themselves. In fact, probably stay away. We are a rather violent, sociopathic species. I’d stay the hell away from us too. Sorta like me observing our modern day forest apes or chimpanzees. They definitely are intelligent, but extremely dangerous.

Old 01-24-2022, 05:03 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,204,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
No. I look at all the facts at hand and then ask: Is it possible there is life out there? Yeah. Is it probable? Looking more probable every year.

That is more than just "feeling." It's informed speculation.
I see, informed speculation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
What evidence led you to this conclusion?
He is just making informed speculation my friend. Didn't you see his pictures?

Quote:
Well, a leap from lost dog on Mars to sentient life certainly changes the discussion. Are the various space agencies conspiring to keep this secret or do they not share your certainty?
Yes, it is all a big conspiracy. The movie "Men in black" is a documentary.

PS: Almost everyone in this thread sounds like ocpaul20 from where I sit.

Old 01-24-2022, 05:27 PM

6,934 posts, read 6,866,775 times
Actually, I am very pleased to see other folks on this thread who do not often post here. Thats good. Something motivated them to post and likely it was an interesting discussion with different ideas floating about. Isn't that the whole point of a forum?

The governments of the world always have people in social media and on forums to deny, distract and discredit the people who post and the topics which they deem to be possibly dangerous for the population to know about. As I often say, the Japanese government actually advertised for people to 'help them counter wrong information' being posted about Fukushima. Of course people were just trying to find out information which they did not want to release about the nuclear meltdown and the state of the cores, so it was 'wrong information' because they, the Japanese government, did not want it out there.

So, regardless of what NASA scientists say to you, you guys claim not to see the water evidence (close-up and far away), and you guys do not see how plant life is growing on Mars?

Or..you just deny it still because you prefer to believe NASA which is a government public relations organisation ?

Old 01-24-2022, 05:46 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,327,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
So, regardless of what NASA scientists say to you, you guys claim not to see the water evidence (close-up and far away), and you guys do not see how plant life is growing on Mars?

Or..you just deny it still because you prefer to believe NASA which is a government public relations organisation ?
Paul, maybe you should get a job with NASA, you seem quite good at analyzing those photos, they might need your help!

Old 01-24-2022, 07:39 PM

2,038 posts, read 853,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by basket123 View Post
As a Muslim I would have to say yes of course. There is a whole world of living things that we are unfamiliar with. The universe is simply too big and complex for us to understand. I wonder how far are the heavens from us. And where exactly is hell? And are there other planets where there are more humans ??? If so, how far are they ?

I think it’s a very interesting topic. I remember growing up, I used to think it’s silly to believe in “aliens”, but now I am certain that there is more life out there. There is no way we are alone in this gigantic universe!
Well I don’t know what the Islamic religion might say about it, I do know most religions leave the door open for the possibility. Some even suggesting that it’s out there. So you believe in God, a creator of all things in life. Would he really stop with us humans? I doubt it. The universe is Ming boggling, we can’t even begin to comprehend all that might be out there. It’s basically endless. I think it’s kind of naïve to think we’re the only form of life out there.

Old 01-25-2022, 05:41 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,214,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post

The photos you're referencing aren't very convincing water flows or plants and don't even look like either. I'm unwilling to entertain either of those presumptions because the Martian atmospheric conditions are well-known and not conducive to either. I'm open to the possibility of subsurface water or ice, however.

Did you change your mind about the moon hut once closer photos revealed it to be a rock? Also, what convinced you of the presence of intelligent Martian life?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal