Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2022, 01:14 AM

6,932 posts, read 6,866,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
All of this merely presents speculation as whether life could evolve on Mars one day in the distant future--of no help to a dying planet like earth that needs a ready-made inhabitable planet right this moment. If mars had water I'd say there was a chance but it's a barren rock world so no sentient life can survive there, not to mention Mars average about -81 degrees F.
No, thats what NASA tells you.

Oh dear...Now I have to post my water "evidence" from Maunder Crater to convince you. Here it is.

Three jets of 'something fluid coming out of the side of a cliff. Could be water, could be liquid of some kind. The place where it exits does not look to be eroded so it is likely there is a pipe-like structure stopping that from happening if it has been flowing for over millions of years.

The red arrow here is some kind of liquid under pressure emerging from the cliff face since you can see a natural curve as the liquid shoots out and falls down. Again it has not worn away the cliff where it emerges. Possibly more streams at cliff top - less controlled.

If you look carefully at the end of the red arrow, there is a pipe-like structure which is coming out from under the cliff top edge and leading down the cliff. I am not sure this could be a natural feature in an uninhabited world.

And... if you want it close-up and personal, then this controversial image is a water streak from the MER days when the rover went right up to it and must have examined it, surely? Anyway, there are a couple of interesting features in this image.
As you can see, the yellow arrows are the rover shadow.
The red arrows are the water streak - where water has flowed and left soil/water damp ground or mud behind.
The light blue arrow is where 'something' has stepped into this water streak AFTER the water flowed. Possibly a paw-print? implications?

NASA reference 1F131480091EFF0538P1214L0M1 - be sure to look in the shadow of the rover directly in front of it for this one as it is not immediately obvious when you first look at the image.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2022, 04:34 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,214,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
The light blue arrow is where 'something' has stepped into this water streak AFTER the water flowed. Possibly a paw-print? implications?
Paw print? Implications? You first.

Old 01-24-2022, 05:18 AM

22,913 posts, read 28,256,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I don't quite understand the rationality of your position. Isn't it really just a "hunch"? Isn't it just a feeling not based on any hard evidence, but rather a sense that there must be something out there? That your mind cannot fathom a universe so vast, is dead. The idea of nothing seems so absurd that you cannot accept it, and then ascribe rationality to what is really just your gut instinct?
No. I look at all the facts at hand and then ask: Is it possible there is life out there? Yeah. Is it probable? Looking more probable every year.

That is more than just "feeling." It's informed speculation.

Old 01-24-2022, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
Paw print? Implications? You first.

Old 01-24-2022, 06:22 AM

6,932 posts, read 6,866,775 times
i dont mind saying that i am 100 % certain there is sentient life on mars. there does that help?

Old 01-24-2022, 06:26 AM

Quote:
i dont mind saying that i am 100 % certain there is sentient life on mars.
What evidence led you to this conclusion?

Old 01-24-2022, 06:44 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,214,784 times
Quote:
i dont mind saying that i am 100 % certain there is sentient life on mars. there does that help?
Well, a leap from lost dog on Mars to sentient life certainly changes the discussion. Are the various space agencies conspiring to keep this secret or do they not share your certainty?

Old 01-24-2022, 06:44 AM

6,830 posts, read 3,218,259 times
The universe is far to big for life to not have evolved in other solar systems. Forget Mars, but there are lots and lots of planets out there. We may never know for sure though, because the universe is HUGE!

Old 01-24-2022, 08:26 AM

2,450 posts, read 1,678,938 times
Quote:
No, thats what NASA tells you.

Oh dear...Now I have to post my water "evidence" from Maunder Crater to convince you. Here it is.

Three jets of 'something fluid coming out of the side of a cliff. Could be water, could be liquid of some kind. The place where it exits does not look to be eroded so it is likely there is a pipe-like structure stopping that from happening if it has been flowing for over millions of years.

The red arrow here is some kind of liquid under pressure emerging from the cliff face since you can see a natural curve as the liquid shoots out and falls down. Again it has not worn away the cliff where it emerges. Possibly more streams at cliff top - less controlled.

If you look carefully at the end of the red arrow, there is a pipe-like structure which is coming out from under the cliff top edge and leading down the cliff. I am not sure this could be a natural feature in an uninhabited world.

And... if you want it close-up and personal, then this controversial image is a water streak from the MER days when the rover went right up to it and must have examined it, surely? Anyway, there are a couple of interesting features in this image.
As you can see, the yellow arrows are the rover shadow.
The red arrows are the water streak - where water has flowed and left soil/water damp ground or mud behind.

NASA reference 1F131480091EFF0538P1214L0M1 - be sure to look in the shadow of the rover directly in front of it for this one as it is not immediately obvious when you first look at the image.

Does anybody else see the same things in the pictures as ocpaul20? He has posted several of these pictures of Mars claiming tents, life forms coming out of the ground, and water to name a few. Personally I have not seen a single one of these things in the pictures he has posted.

ocpaul20 have you seen pictures of Mars that these items would be obvious to others besides yourself? If so could you please post them?

Old 01-24-2022, 09:56 AM

58 posts, read 31,925 times
Might be wise to hold off on any sweeping predictions about the impossibility of interstellar space travel until we have more information:

Quote:
To place a man in a multi-stage rocket and project him into the controlling gravitational field of the moon where the passengers can make scientific observations, perhaps land alive, and then return to earth—all that constitutes a wild dream worthy of Jules Verne. I am bold enough to say that such a man-made voyage will never occur regardless of all future advances.
-- Lee De Forest, inventor of the vacuum tube

Quote:
That the automobile has practically reached the limit of its development is suggested by the fact that during the past year no improvements of a radical nature have been introduced.
-- Scientific American, January 2, 1909.

Quote:
No "scientific bad boy" ever will be able to blow up the world by releasing atomic energy.
-- Robert Millikan, American physicist and Nobel Prize winner, February 1930
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal