Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 09:12 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
all the so-called proof is always the same things -

Fuzzy photos

or

a great camp fire story....

yes^^ and all the clear vids and pics are clear fakes

personally i would have to see the little green men in person to believe in aliens.. especially nowdays with all the advanced potoshop tecniques..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2011, 01:43 PM

6,157 posts, read 7,224,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
Swamp gas? Give me a break. I didn't say it was swamp gas or a balloon. You asked why the Army would fire at a balloon, and I explained why. People were not in a mood to take any chances. There was a war going on.

Frankly, in the images I've seen of the LA incident, it's really hard to make much of anything out from it. The only photo I've seen of the event was from an LA newspaper headline article dating back almost 70 years which obviously doesn't make a very clear picture. It shows some spotlights shining upward which very likely could have been directed at overhead clouds. Sometimes clouds can product weird shapes, especially if you have several spotlights shining from different directions in the same general area. At the time the photo was taken, there could also have been quite of bit of smoke from the weapons fired. I'm not saying that's what it was, just that there are other explanations besides a UFO (ET controlled flying saucer). I dunno, were there any radar images of the UFO? Was it over land or was it over the ocean?

Here's the thing. Again, keep in mind that a war was going on at the time, and that Japan had launched balloon bomb attack at the USA mainland, a few hundred of which had actually reached the USA, some as far as Michigan (I think). The reason why the one in Oregon exploded killing several people, is because one of the kids found it hanging from a tree and tried pulling it down, and the bombs exploded. The point is that people were aware of the danger of these weapons.

With regard to the LA incident, it wouldn't take much to set off a wave of fear. Someone could have noticed a strange formation, resulting from various shadows from the lights, let out an alarm of a possible threat, and ground weapons fired at it. Since it didn't drop out of the sky, more rounds would have been fired to no avail. Why would they have stopped firing at some point? Clouds don't tend to hold any particular shape for long. Once the shape changed because of movement, the so-called UFO shape would have disappeared. Is that what happened? I don't know. But I've given a plausible example.

BTW, you didn't answer my first question. What laws of physics were defied that you were talking about?
experiments were done to re-create the spotlights and object and there clearly was an object in the sky and thousands of rounds couldn't bring it down?

Old 12-01-2011, 02:01 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,636,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
experiments were done to re-create the spotlights and object and there clearly was an object in the sky and thousands of rounds couldn't bring it down?
I'm not sure what you mean by "re-create". Touching up the image? Or what?

Old 12-02-2011, 09:09 AM

Quote:
I'm not sure what you mean by "re-create". Touching up the image? Or what?
No the LA Times news paper photo was not touched up. The same thing is found on the negatives. The big give away that there was an object in the sky is the fact that the spot light beams didn't continue past the convergence point. This was tested during the re-creation. If nothing was in the sky, the beams should have continued upward. The light reflecting off the object clearly reveals it was disk shaped.

Old 12-02-2011, 10:54 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times
Quote:
No the LA Times news paper photo was not touched up. The same thing is found on the negatives. The big give away that there was an object in the sky is the fact that the spot light beams didn't continue past the convergence point. This was tested during the re-creation. If nothing was in the sky, the beams should have continued upward. The light reflecting off the object clearly reveals it was disk shaped.
Really......... you can't possibly be serious......... please tell me you're not

Something is seriously wrong with this picture.

And if I have to describe why this photo is doctored (yes that was possible in the darkroom and before Photoshop) then I'm at a loss to explain it to someone that cleaves to their willful stupidity with such tenacity.

Old 12-02-2011, 12:12 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Hey, Asheville, I just thought of this really crazy idea...

Suppose NASA isn't actually hiding anything at all, and this conspiracy business is completely off-base?

I know, I know--just for thinking such a thing I shouldn't be allowed to have cookies with my milk, and my allowance will be withheld this week. But I just had to throw the idea out there for consideration.

Old 12-02-2011, 12:52 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,636,292 times
Quote:
What exactly was the tested re-creation you keep talking about? You're wrong about the spot light beams by suggesting they'd continue upward if nothing was there, not if the 8 different beams all converged at the same point (as seen in the news clipping).

Old 12-02-2011, 08:55 PM

Quote:
What exactly was the tested re-creation you keep talking about? You're wrong about the spot light beams by suggesting they'd continue upward if nothing was there, not if the 8 different beams all converged at the same point (as seen in the news clipping).
A re-creation was done with the same number of beam lights and the same kind of lights and arranged the same way. When there was no object in the air the beams continued. When the floated balloon in the air, the lights stopped at the convergence point

and Asheville why would anyone at the LA Times even doctor up the photo when flying saucers weren't even a major public subject until the late 1940s? Secondly the negatives show the same thing and there was no evidence of double exposure. Also no one at the time came forward to say it was an alien craft. Not to mention all the witnesses who saw it and the fact that thousands of rounds were fired at the object. Very unlikely that its a hoaxed photo. Because you have a hard to believing in aliens, you have to believe everything is a hoax.

Last edited by gsoboi78; 12-02-2011 at 09:06 PM..

Old 12-02-2011, 10:35 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Aliens really do exist...This photo from the moon is proof...

Old 12-02-2011, 11:15 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times
Quote:
A re-creation was done with the same number of beam lights and the same kind of lights and arranged the same way. When there was no object in the air the beams continued. When the floated balloon in the air, the lights stopped at the convergence point

and Asheville why would anyone at the LA Times even doctor up the photo when flying saucers weren't even a major public subject until the late 1940s? Secondly the negatives show the same thing and there was no evidence of double exposure. Also no one at the time came forward to say it was an alien craft. Not to mention all the witnesses who saw it and the fact that thousands of rounds were fired at the object. Very unlikely that its a hoaxed photo. Because you have a hard to believing in aliens, you have to believe everything is a hoax.
Ya know you post all this stuff without any evidence, and of course you have examined the negatives, plus I would be interested in hearing what your photographic expertise is to determine they have are originals and have not been tampered with.

These carbon arc spotlights are not lasers and the beam spreads with distance. If an object were present, much of the light would pass by as the beams widen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal