Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2021, 11:28 AM

2,047 posts, read 856,525 times

Advertisements

People that call these drones cracked me up. Drones don’t go into the ocean at supersonic speed without breaking apart. Drones don’t go from sea level to outer space and less than half a second. Drones don’t morph and change their shape, shape shifting, drones don’t take over the electronics of top level military equipment, drones don’t disable nuclear missiles from being able to launch, drones don’t spontaneously split themselves into two, drones don’t fly faster than our most sophisticated tracking systems can track

That just for starters!

1. They're aliens.
2. Time travelers coming back or forward to observe.
3. Intelligent life for able to cross over between dimensions.
4. Paranormal in nature, aka ghosts, demons, spiritual of some kind.

Take your pick, Based on what we do know it Hass to be one of those. These things have been documented for almost 100 years using modern documentation. I can guarantee you one thing, nobody on this planet had this type of technology 100 years ago. Lol and we surely don’t have it now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2021, 01:25 PM

8,488 posts, read 6,894,642 times
The fact that the government report contains items that are classified should not be overlooked. The US government has a history of classifying and hiding experimental military aircraft. In WWII the development of jet aircraft was clearly hidden from the public. They even attached fake propellers on early experimental jets parked on airfields to fool possible onlookers.

And there was the whole business of the 40’s Roswell alien sightings.This was because the Air Force was experimenting with high altitude surveillance balloons. Some of them crashed on public property. Pieces of aluminum were found and was conflated by the public as space ships and even remains of aliens. The US government did nothing to dispel these rumors as it was perfect cover for classified military projects.

Old 07-01-2021, 06:01 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,043,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
People that call these drones cracked me up. Drones don’t go into the ocean at supersonic speed without breaking apart. Drones don’t go from sea level to outer space and less than half a second. Drones don’t morph and change their shape, shape shifting, drones don’t take over the electronics of top level military equipment, drones don’t disable nuclear missiles from being able to launch, drones don’t spontaneously split themselves into two, drones don’t fly faster than our most sophisticated tracking systems can track

That just for starters!

1. They're aliens.
2. Time travelers coming back or forward to observe.
3. Intelligent life for able to cross over between dimensions.
4. Paranormal in nature, aka ghosts, demons, spiritual of some kind.

Take your pick, Based on what we do know it Hass to be one of those. These things have been documented for almost 100 years using modern documentation. I can guarantee you one thing, nobody on this planet had this type of technology 100 years ago. Lol and we surely don’t have it now.

I pick none, because there is no evidence for any item on your list. Firstly, aliens have never been detected in any way, shape, or form on this planet. They have never been observed in space, there have been no radio communications, there are no relics on the planet that indicate prior visits, there is literally nothing to indicate that aliens have ever been here. So number one on your list is canceled. Number two, time travel. There is no evidence or logic to indicate that travel through time is possible. There are no coherent theories that support the possibility, and certainly there is no empirical evidence to indicate that it can happen, has happened, is happening, or will happen. So number two on your list is canceled. Number three, inter-dimensional travel. There is no evidence to indicate that there are any other dimensions to travel from or to. Dimensions are not something that you travel between, they are not places. This reflects an incoherent understanding of what a dimension is. There is no inter-dimensional travel. It’s imaginary. So number three on your list is canceled. Number four, a non-specific, non-defined catch basket called “paranormal“. There is no evidence to indicate the existence of ghosts, demons, or spiritual beings of any sort. No one can even agree on what such a being would look like, and that is because all such beings are purely the imagination of human beings. So number four on your list is canceled.

When we create arbitrary listings such as this, we are engaging in what is known as an argument from ignorance. We don’t know the cause or nature of something, so we come up with some arbitrary and easily conceived “possibilities”, after which we ask the question: “what else could it be?“.

So we come back to what we always come back to. These “sightings“ and “radar anomalies“ are unexplained, and we must not fill in the lack of knowledge with imaginary meanderings.

The correct answer is we don’t know, and the correct response is to say “let’s keep researching until we have actual knowledge“.

Of course, that doesn’t provide the desired entertainment value that you are seeking. In which case, keep making stuff up!

Old 07-01-2021, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
The fact that the government report contains items that are classified should not be overlooked. The US government has a history of classifying and hiding experimental military aircraft. In WWII the development of jet aircraft was clearly hidden from the public. They even attached fake propellers on early experimental jets parked on airfields to fool possible onlookers.

And there was the whole business of the 40’s Roswell alien sightings.This was because the Air Force was experimenting with high altitude surveillance balloons. Some of them crashed on public property. Pieces of aluminum were found and was conflated by the public as space ships and even remains of aliens. The US government did nothing to dispel these rumors as it was perfect cover for classified military projects.
This makes good sense. It is quite likely that advanced weapons research and testing would produce phenomena likely to be confused by the public with popular mythology such as alien UFOs.

Old 07-01-2021, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
That supposes anything that might be discovered in the future doesn't currently exist. We had no evidence for cells, bacteria, viruses a short (in the grand scheme) time ago, at that point did that mean that they were not a remote possibility? Upon the discovery and invention of microscopy these things became scientific fact. Before that they were as ridiculous as alien life forms.

I can't conceive of a world so devoid of excitement or imagination that I must have everything presented to me in measured, concrete evidence before I even suppose it might exist. There is a famous quote, Keats I think; "Philosophy will clip an angel's wings."
Exactly, excitement. That’s what you are really after. Entertainment and excitement. And the arbitrary and fantastical claims made by fans of the paranormal and alien contact provide palpable entertainment value. A playing field of rampant speculation devoid of reason and scientific rigor where literally anything goes and anything can be said is so much fun. A typical human life can be quite boring and this provides a needed infusion of wonderment, even if it is artificial.

The fact is, we don’t need to make up random nonsense to experience profound wonder and excitement. Simply understanding the science of the cosmos is itself a tremendous form of wonder and entertainment. But, unlike UFOs and aliens, the science of the cosmos is actually real and describes something that exists. The fact is, we don’t need to make up random nonsense to experience profound wonder and excitement. Simply understanding the basics of cosmological theories and gazing at the stars blows away silly aliens and UFOs and pop-culture mysticism. Reality beats fantasy, and it’s not even close!

Old 07-01-2021, 06:40 AM

6,796 posts, read 2,907,672 times
I've been reading your posts, Marc, and your dismissal of just about every theory is quite telling. So much so that I'm wondering if YOU may be an alien desperately attempting to draw attention away from yourself.

Old 07-01-2021, 06:55 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,575,119 times
As I've said before, they're testing classified systems and can't divulge information. Some were tested with the Navy.

Navy UFO encounters

Old 07-01-2021, 07:25 AM

4,299 posts, read 1,556,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Exactly, excitement. That’s what you are really after. Entertainment and excitement. And the arbitrary and fantastical claims made by fans of the paranormal and alien contact provide palpable entertainment value.

Reality beats fantasy, and it’s not even close!
Unfortunately you're rather wasting your time on an unexplained mysteries and paranormal forum then.

You also didn't answer my question, if the evidence has not yet been discovered or revealed itself does that suppose something doesn't exist? Did the outer planets exist before humans laid eyes on them? Of course they did, but I suppose you wouldn't have believed anyone who told you they existed without first seeing the evidence for yourself.

The lines between reality and fantasy are not so clear, take quantum theory for instance. Science has long supposed there are alternate dimensions - does that mean they're a reality? You live in an extraordinarily black and white world.

Old 07-01-2021, 07:27 AM

4,299 posts, read 1,556,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
As I've said before, they're testing classified systems and can't divulge information. Some were tested with the Navy.

Navy UFO encounters
Oh, if they're human technology, they're 100% US technology. No doubt about it.

Old 07-01-2021, 08:05 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,221,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
Oh, if they're human technology, they're 100% US technology. No doubt about it.
Who better to test the effectiveness of that subterfuge tech on than our best pilots? If it can fool them...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal