Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2009, 08:42 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,992,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Well, one point out of five is a good start. Now you can get going on proving they discussed invading Iraq.

What you offered wouldn't even be considered circumstantial evidence in a court of law.
Why don't you go back and continue to challenge the original four points that were in my original post, instead of inventing new ones that have been reworded to suit your own convenience. Like this one:

3. After the war (but not before) , US corporations were able to bid on Iraqi oil contracts.

If you disagree that this is a fact, let's see your proof that ExxonMobil did NOT submit a bid on the Rumaila oil field. Or that they did (or could have) between 1972 and 2001. I presented contemporary news reports from mainstream sources that unambiguously verified this point. I guess you consider those news reports to be based on tinfoil hat conspiracy theories.---a posture that would seriously erode your credibility.

To refresh your memory, which of the following is NOT a verifiable fact:

1. The US went to war against Iraq.
2. Some reasons given for that war proved spurious.
3. After the war (but not before) , US corporations were able to bid on Iraqi oil contracts.
4. Elected officeholders withheld from the electorate particulars that might have related to the above.

Last edited by jtur88; 11-12-2009 at 08:54 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2009, 10:52 AM

4,474 posts, read 5,414,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Why don't you go back and continue to challenge the original four points that were in my original post, instead of inventing new ones that have been reworded to suit your own convenience. Like this one:

If you disagree that this is a fact, let's see your proof that ExxonMobil did NOT submit a bid on the Rumaila oil field. Or that they did (or could have) between 1972 and 2001. I presented contemporary news reports from mainstream sources that unambiguously verified this point. I guess you consider those news reports to be based on tinfoil hat conspiracy theories.---a posture that would seriously erode your credibility.

To refresh your memory, which of the following is NOT a verifiable fact:

1. The US went to war against Iraq.
2. Some reasons given for that war proved spurious.
4. Elected officeholders withheld from the electorate particulars that might have related to the above.
All your argument shows is that Big Oil took advantage of a situation, not that they instigated the situation in the first place.

Sorry, but you're still at the fail stage.

Old 11-12-2009, 10:58 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,992,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
All your argument shows is that Big Oil took advantage of a situation, not that they instigated the situation in the first place.

Sorry, but you're still at the fail stage.
Failing to convince you is not failure. Your refusal to accept that the world is round is not evidence of its flatness.

Old 11-12-2009, 12:18 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,414,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Failing to convince you is not failure. Your refusal to accept that the world is round is not evidence of its flatness.
What "evidence" have you offered?

Big Oil could've very well met with Cheney over any number of concerns. It would be much more rational to think that they met over the possibility of any impacts to the flow of oil from the ME from invading Afstan.

Then you note something companies from all over the globe in dozens of industries did, seek contracts in a nation no longer under trade sanctions, a brand new amrket to jump on.

All you have offered is a string of unrelated events woven into a rather frail fantasy.

Old 05-26-2021, 09:27 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,414,997 times
I'm not sure how quickly they will be rolling it out but clearly the train has left the station.

Old 05-26-2021, 12:11 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
I'm not sure how quickly they will be rolling it out but clearly the train has left the station.
IDK about that...consider how much of this stuff has been classified over the years, (how many of those has the new transparent Govt declassified and released to the public?)

From what I can tell...3 short videos of one tic tac shaped craft (thats it!!)

Why are they not declassifying all the old stuff, from the 40s to the 1960s? (National Security from those times, would not be relevant today)

Old 05-27-2021, 11:02 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,414,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Why are they not declassifying all the old stuff, from the 40s to the 1960s? (National Security from those times, would not be relevant today)
Actually it would, which is probably why they still haven't yet. The potential national security threats posed by UFOs remain the same today as they were then.

Old 05-29-2021, 08:38 PM

10,020 posts, read 8,638,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
IDK about that...consider how much of this stuff has been classified over the years, (how many of those has the new transparent Govt declassified and released to the public?)

From what I can tell...3 short videos of one tic tac shaped craft (thats it!!)

My hobby is reading old newspaper clippings. Years back, I came across a website that pertained to the unexplained, UFOs, Bigfoot, ghosts and all that kind of stuff.
People would submit things that they heard about and others would comment, kind of like this forum.
One that caught my attention was about a UFO sighting at a baseball game between two towns somewhere south of St. Louis during the 1940s.
There were hundreds of fans that witnessed 4 strange objects that came straight down out of nowhere, hovered hundreds of feet above the crowd, stayed there for a minute or two, then shot straight back up and disappeared.
I then searched old newspaper clippings and found what they were talking about. I wrote both the links of the website and the newspaper article down and put them with the huge stack of other links I had of interesting stuff.
A couple of years ago I went to read them again and the newspaper clipping said " Not Found." I went to that website and the story about the UFOs had been deleted.
Where'd they go ? It's a bummer when you find something interesting and then it disappears.

Old 05-30-2021, 07:03 PM

6,952 posts, read 6,877,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasfinn View Post
My hobby is reading old newspaper clippings. Years back, I came across a website that pertained to the unexplained, UFOs, Bigfoot, ghosts and all that kind of stuff.
People would submit things that they heard about and others would comment, kind of like this forum.
One that caught my attention was about a UFO sighting at a baseball game between two towns somewhere south of St. Louis during the 1940s.
There were hundreds of fans that witnessed 4 strange objects that came straight down out of nowhere, hovered hundreds of feet above the crowd, stayed there for a minute or two, then shot straight back up and disappeared.
I then searched old newspaper clippings and found what they were talking about. I wrote both the links of the website and the newspaper article down and put them with the huge stack of other links I had of interesting stuff.
A couple of years ago I went to read them again and the newspaper clipping said " Not Found." I went to that website and the story about the UFOs had been deleted.
Where'd they go ? It's a bummer when you find something interesting and then it disappears.
I agree it is a bummer. The take away from this is that we all need to take screenshot and/or save the article or webpage.

I use the pdfcrowd website to convert an article into pdf for saving.

That hobby would be extremely useful to UFO researchers and book writers. Is there a website or forum which allows us to contact or message people such as yourself? If not I think this would be a good website to have on the internet.

I nearly finished a website project to allow researchers to form a group to research a subject. It was similar to a forum but restricted and group membership. Someone who started the topic(the owner) could allow others to join and they would manage their own 'threads'. The 'threads' were organised by posing questions you were aiming to answer in your research. The 'owner' of the topic could then allocate a question 'thread' to each of their researchers and the subject would be built up in a series of answered questions. Of course, the individual answers would be numerous pages long with photographs, and text etc. I never finished it mainly due to chicken_and_egg situation. I lost momentum because I had no-one to use it and no-one used it because I had not finished it(80%). One of the tricky issues is what kind of subjects are allowed.

Anyway, so it lies dormant, waiting...

Old 05-30-2021, 08:23 PM

10,020 posts, read 8,638,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I agree it is a bummer. The take away from this is that we all need to take screenshot and/or save the article or webpage.

I use the pdfcrowd website to convert an article into pdf for saving.

That hobby would be extremely useful to UFO researchers and book writers. Is there a website or forum which allows us to contact or message people such as yourself? If not I think this would be a good website to have on the internet.

I nearly finished a website project to allow researchers to form a group to research a subject. It was similar to a forum but restricted and group membership. Someone who started the topic(the owner) could allow others to join and they would manage their own 'threads'. The 'threads' were organised by posing questions you were aiming to answer in your research. The 'owner' of the topic could then allocate a question 'thread' to each of their researchers and the subject would be built up in a series of answered questions. Of course, the individual answers would be numerous pages long with photographs, and text etc. I never finished it mainly due to chicken_and_egg situation. I lost momentum because I had no-one to use it and no-one used it because I had not finished it(80%). One of the tricky issues is what kind of subjects are allowed.

Anyway, so it lies dormant, waiting...
I did start a website about 10 years ago, it was originally about Missouri outlaws of the old west but then I kept finding other interesting subjects as I scoured the internet, UFO sightings, strange creatures and mind boggling mysteries that occurred in Missouri so I put them all in individual categories.
My website was really getting huge.
I was especially interested in old newspaper clippings from 100 years ago about these sightings. That kind of came as a shock to me because I never thought of someone during the Civil War seeing a Bigfoot creature or UFO.
Every night I would find these articles and write down the link and info and after researching, put them on my website.
I had a stack of papers as big as a phone book waiting for me to go through them. My site was on one of those free-webs websites and I guess they got tired of being free because one day my website vanished. Now I just post the stuff on some of the forums on City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal