Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 02:26 PM

10,219 posts, read 17,986,884 times

Advertisements

First, you should determine how realistic it is that you can obtain a UK Visa.

UK Border Agency | Working in the UK
How to apply

Old 08-16-2009, 11:16 AM

9 posts, read 20,373 times
im actually doing it the other way round im from UK and looking to move to NY are you finding it difficult? it seems like a very prosses to me getting to us.

Old 12-29-2009, 09:18 PM

1 posts, read 1,331 times
I am currently a student who has studied compulsory education and now in college and i live in Leeds. From my upbringing in this country i would like to point out how poorly the education system really is ran. The lack of discipline, the lack of advancement in the education is taught and funnily enough of how we learn about every other countries history apart from ours, when us Brits have a huge history. I would also like to point out in my country, for any foriegners wishing to emmigrate here, is there are many social and economical problems facing the country in this time of moment, i'd say especially in the north. the north which is uncannily ran by the south ¬¬. The problems socially been of the native brits producing a what it seems dislikement towards immigrants due to the recession that is in place and how the natives are angered of struggling for work while immigrants are gaining work. The economical problems are of the high taxes that have to be paid, the high standard of living, and having to pay high prices for little ****ty houses. If you wish to come to our country, i can assure you, you shall be treated very well by our government, funnily in our country nowadays immigrants get treated better than its own people with not been racist, but the white native does seem to have less favours to any other ethnicity with ridiculous laws such as businesses having to employee people of ethnicity rather than skill. I would also like to point out that the NHS i would regard as pretty much hopeless. the hospitals for instance are always overpacked and the proportion to patients to doctors are untruly high, which means a patient has to have good patience . i would also like to form an opinion on how this countries old cultures are to stand no more in the country , which is depressing and our culture nowadays seems to be accepting and appeasing with others. I would say there is alot of crime in the UK, not as much as the USA of obviously, not many gun crimes here as its illegal to have arms, but there are many stabbings at the moment in london. overall, i would advise an american not to be fooled in how they see British to be limey, tea-drinking toffs who are all rich, with yellow teeth- we do have our thugs, druggies, scum, ethnicities, slums -many of them!. our land is pretty foul, not as foul as yours but we are the newly budding america. Id suggest moving to hawaii, you can go there just by plane

Old 12-30-2009, 09:54 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,717,403 times
Were you born outside of the UK liamj701? only after reading your rambling post, I can only assume that english is probably not your first language.

Old 12-30-2009, 06:44 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,702,910 times
I don't know whether I'd want to move to Britain from the US. There were times where I thought about doing that but in all honesty I am really not sure. I don't like what their politicians are doing over there. I didn't like what they were doing during the Tony Blair terms and I sure as heck don't like what they are doing now. The bad foreign policy is probably the #1 reason I won't move to the UK. I also wouldn't want to be in a place where people drink all the time. I know what problems excess drinking can lead to. I was there when I was younger. I haven't totally ruled out the UK as a future destination yet, but it is unlikely I would move there. I'd also miss the spectator sports offerings here in the US if I moved to the UK which would be a big loss for me. Voltaire, if you haven't done so, and still want to move to the UK, do it if that's what you really want to do. I also agree 100% with AtlantaGreg that it is up to the individual person to live however they want to and to make smart decisions.

Last edited by AliveandWell; 12-30-2009 at 06:45 PM.. Reason: add text
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom